The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LIVE DELUXE (1980) — Want a new preview? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59178)

David 03-11-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1265359)
:lol:
True dat

Stevie gets so wrapped up in the moment that she can’t remember the wrap she’s wearing at the moment.

snroxman 03-14-2021 10:09 AM

re:What's great is that you can't fool The Ledge. We know Mirage live sounds when we hear them.

Yep!!!!

"Hold Me" as it was performed in 1982 is GOLD.

Ulpian 04-02-2021 01:41 AM

Hold Me is up!

I like it :blob1::blob1::blob1:

Wdm6789 04-02-2021 04:51 AM

Hold Me sounds great!

I always complain about this, but I really hate the added “yeahhh”

They could have just sang “hold me... hold meeEEEE” the “yeahhhh” is totally unnecessary.

blinker12 04-02-2021 07:29 AM

Great energy in this version and Christine hits the high harmonies well! Best live “Hold Me” I’ve heard.

aleuzzi 04-02-2021 07:57 AM

That’s a really strong version. I’m hoping TAM turns out as good!

jbrownsjr 04-02-2021 09:12 AM

Wow, BuckVie perfection! What a nice solo at the end. I wish he would have extended that solo another 30 seconds. Great piano as well. :blob2:

jmn3 04-04-2021 09:15 AM

Hold Me is fantastic! So happy to finally get a cleaned up live version of one of my favorite Mac songs.

I think the yeahhhhh's work on this song. One of the chief complaints I see on this board about the post-1982 live sound of this band is the band's insistence on sticking to studio arrangements, or as close to as possible. To me, that's what makes this one stick out - who knows what the reason was. Maybe they tried it and couldn't make it sound right with just the three voices. I know Chris did the drawn out meeee's on her solo tour and the 2017-19 versions did the same, but maybe it just didn't sound right in rehearsals with just the three of them. Either way, this is what I love about the old Mac. Each tour had a unique sound, and so many songs had unique arrangements that not only differed from their studio parent, but also in many cases from prior tours.

How did Hold Me go into hiding for so long? I don't understand how it didn't get played on the 1987-88 tour in particular, not to mention during The Dance or On With the Show tours.

Also, I just love Lindsey's love for this song before and after... and something about Chris's "thanks LB" at the very beginning just put a smile on my face.

jmn3 04-04-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265972)
Wow, BuckVie perfection! What a nice solo at the end. I wish he would have extended that solo another 30 seconds. Great piano as well. :blob2:

If it was the Tusk Tour that solo would have gone on another minute for sure! It seems like a lot of solos or would-be solos were starting to get shrunk down in length just a tad on Mirage as they were adding more songs to the set.

UnwindedDreams 04-04-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1266052)
How did Hold Me go into hiding for so long? I don't understand how it didn't get played on the 1987-88 tour in particular, not to mention during The Dance or On With the Show tours.

For Dance and OWTS, I thought it was either Lindsey wasn't up to shredding to close the song OR the song kind of isolates Stevie. With Don't Stop and World Turning, all three sing the last verses.
When Chris did Hold Me in 2018, I think it was done to show that she and Neil had a musical fellowship. She coulda said I wrote this with Neil in 1982 that's how cute they were!

jmn3 04-04-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266058)
For Dance and OWTS, I thought it was either Lindsey wasn't up to shredding to close the song OR the song kind of isolates Stevie. With Don't Stop and World Turning, all three sing the last verses.
When Chris did Hold Me in 2018, I think it was done to show that she and Neil had a musical fellowship. She coulda said I wrote this with Neil in 1982 that's how cute they were!

Since it was played on BuckVie and in 2018, I can’t imagine it would’ve been Lindsey unwilling to play it. I know they have to figure out a balance among 3 songwriters and thus that limits the setlist but dropping Hold Me for 30 years when it was one of their biggest hits is just odd. I actually like Oh Daddy but turf that off the Dance setlist and add Hold Me instead. Or drop that boring Over My Head on the DVD for Hold Me.

UnwindedDreams 04-06-2021 09:01 PM

Has anyone been listening to Sirius Deep Tracks debut a song each night from "LIVE" at 7pm EST?

I heard Second Hand News tonight and enjoyed it. What was last night (Monday April 5)'s song?

jbrownsjr 04-06-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1266109)
Has anyone been listening to Sirius Deep Tracks debut a song each night from "LIVE" at 7pm EST?

I heard Second Hand News tonight and enjoyed it. What was last night (Monday April 5)'s song?

I heard the ad. That's about it. :(

UnwindedDreams 04-06-2021 09:19 PM

I wonder if there will be interviews with band members like the other reissues have.

soul_drifter333 04-07-2021 10:21 AM

Mine has shipped :blob2: