The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   American Idol (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13121)

wondergirl9847 02-17-2004 11:50 PM

YAY!!!

Thank GOD I didn't watch it!!!

I'm over American Idol.

golden braid 02-18-2004 01:11 AM

I agree. Everyone was terrible tonight. They shouldn't let any of these contestants make it to the final 10.

Livia 02-18-2004 10:22 AM

Yeah, last night was pretty painful. I voted for the red-head and the Lauren Hill wannabe.

Gypsy-Rhiannon 02-18-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
Every single one sucked tonight. It was unbearable. If this is the best talent out there...:rolleyes:
I don't get to see it until Friday

Pip

dissention 02-18-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I don't get to see it until Friday

Pip

Lucky you. Don't tune in, darling. DON'T. :laugh:

Gypsy-Rhiannon 02-18-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
Lucky you. Don't tune in, darling. DON'T. :laugh:
:laugh: But it's compulsive viewing!!;)

Pip

skcin 02-18-2004 12:50 PM

Yeah, last night pretty much sucked. How the hell are you in the final 32 if you can't even sing in tune? That's unbelieveable to me.

Go red-haired girl (Lisa!) Hawaii chiick wasn't bad either, but she can do better (let's hope thay ALL do better during finals - ugh!

Paula

GardenStateGirlie 02-18-2004 10:08 PM

Simon certainly influenced the vote for America last night as far as the Hawaii girl is concerned because It's quite obvious he has a thing for her which she totally plays into. I thought she was horrible. Lisa? Was the best out of all of them. I cannot believe the other clown made it and she didn't :distress:

darklinensuit 02-19-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Simon certainly influenced the vote for America last night as far as the Hawaii girl is concerned because It's quite obvious he has a thing for her which she totally plays into. I thought she was horrible. Lisa? Was the best out of all of them. I cannot believe the other clown made it and she didn't :distress:
:nod: :nod: :nod:

- Jake

skcin 02-19-2004 01:56 PM

OK, I want to apologize for bringing Bulgarian woman/man/whatever back into everyone's consciousness, but I was excited about the younger, FEMALE Bulgarian woman.

I just checked the website (because I'm a loser) and SHE'S NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 32! Don't know what the hell I was smokin', so sorry, my mistake, we can all get on with our lives now & forget about her.

Paula ;)

Patti 02-19-2004 02:00 PM

Are you talking about Leah LaBelle? She mentions her parents coming from Bulgaria in her Q&A on idolonfox.com. If so, she is in the top 32 and performs next week. If you're talking about someone else, I'm stumped!

Patti

skcin 02-20-2004 11:49 AM

I'm stumped too - I was positive the chick's last name ended in --------sky. I'll check it out.

Paula

PS - too bad the Mac fan is out - she wasn't great, but not bad either.

skcin 02-20-2004 01:39 PM

Leah LaBelle it is - we'll see how she does.

BTW - anyone think there's any chance Ms. Nicks will be a guest judge? The timing is right as far as the tour goes, and she's said she loves the show. I'm hoping yes, but thinking no. Anyone else?

Paula

cliffdweller 02-23-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Don't you mean ass-clown? That guy was HORRIBLE!!!!!! The redhead should have made it, what a travesty!!

darklinensuit 02-24-2004 10:33 PM

I thought Leah Labeele was not too great tonight. Neither was the commercial pilot.
I really liked Amy Adams. Nice voice and personality, winning smile.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-24-2004 11:18 PM

Well, I came home from work and slept until the last girl came on stage and that was all I needed to see. I waited for the recaps and then decided to vote for her...she has a voice :nod:

dissention 02-24-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Well, I came home from work and slept until the last girl came on stage and that was all I needed to see. I waited for the recaps and then decided to vote for her...she has a voice :nod:
:nod: She knocked my socks off. She's going to be the next Whitney, mark my words. The girl can sang.

golden braid 02-25-2004 12:11 AM

The last girl, LaToya, kicked ass. I also liked Amy, the one with pink hair, but she doesn't compare to LaToya.

cliffdweller 02-25-2004 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by golden braid
The last girl, LaToya, kicked ass. I also liked Amy, the one with pink hair, but she doesn't compare to LaToya.
LaToya and Amy all the way. Those should be the next two that advance.

skcin 02-25-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darklinensuit
I thought Leah Labeele was not too great tonight. Neither was the commercial pilot.
I really liked Amy Adams. Nice voice and personality, winning smile.

- Jake

Yeah, I know what you mean. She wasn't awful, but I agree with Simon - "something's not quite right."

LaToya was phenomenal, my mouth was agape. :eek:

Of, course, I had to vote for Leah d/t sentimental reasons, lol.

Paula

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 09:00 PM

Shafted.

That is all I have to say.

Miss Power of Love...can I get a :rolleyes:

Sheebus.

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Shafted.

That is all I have to say.

Miss Power of Love...can I get a :rolleyes:

Sheebus.

I take it you don't like Amy?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

I take it you don't like Amy?

- Jake

Compared to Leah...nope. It should have been the two girls that made it tonight. I hope Leah and the girl from last week w/the red hair get a wildcard and come back. That guy that made it tonight does not deserve to be in the finals and either did the one who went through last week, IMO.

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

Compared to Leah...nope. It should have been the two girls that made it tonight. I hope Leah and the girl from last week w/the red hair get a wildcard and come back. That guy that made it tonight does not deserve to be in the finals and either did the one who went through last week, IMO.
Wow, I thought Leah was awful.
The camera guys sure enjoyed her crying face tonight.
And unlike the judges I thought the first week's contestants were stronger than this week's. The wild cards should come from that group, IMO.
This week the pilot and the Hawaiian guy were pretty bad.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Wow, I thought Leah was awful.
The camera guys sure enjoyed her crying face tonight.
And unlike the judges I thought the first week's contestants were stronger than this week's. The wild cards should come from that group, IMO.
This week the pilot and the Hawaiian guy were pretty bad.

- Jake

See, but I thought she was more the American Idol than Amy. Amy sounds like a lounge singer and when she sang tonight after she made it through, i'm sorry to say, it sounded horrendous. Yes, the first week's contestants were the strongest...i'll agree with you there.

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

See, but I thought she was more the American Idol than Amy. Amy sounds like a lounge singer and when she sang tonight after she made it through, i'm sorry to say, it sounded horrendous. Yes, the first week's contestants were the strongest...i'll agree with you there.
I like Amy. She has the most charisma since Kelly, a girl-next-door fun charm to her. You're right, her singing was better last night, but Leah was shrieking and flailing her arms. And Leah sure thought a lot of herself when talking. I think she'll be back next year, maybe with a bit of humility to her.

- Jake

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 10:35 PM

Oh, and I thought the lounge singer label came from her song choice. Hopefully she'll choose more wisely next time.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

I like Amy. She has the most charisma since Kelly, a girl-next-door fun charm to her. You're right, her singing was better last night, but Leah was shrieking and flailing her arms. And Leah sure thought a lot of herself when talking. I think she'll be back next year, maybe with a bit of humility to her.

- Jake

I didn't hear Leah speak but i'll take your word for it. Amy just reminds me of a performer who isn't going to be very consistant in her performance.

I find it hysterical that the talent is with the girls this season...I haven't heard a guy yet that made me go "wow...he needs to be in the top 12."

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 10:52 PM

You're right that last week's football guy is out of his league, and he looks like that guy who used to be on MadTV.

- Jake

Hawkeye 02-25-2004 11:03 PM

Will Sasso:D

I agree that group one was alot better then group 3. but 3 was way better then 2.

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hawkeye

I agree that group one was alot better then group 3. but 3 was way better then 2.

Yeah, Will Sasso.

And that She Bang guy was a Group 2 escapee as far as I'm concerned. Lisa was the only one who was remotely good.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hawkeye

Group two was the equivalent of watching turds floating in a toilet bowl. They were horrendous.

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Group two was the equivalent of watching turds floating in a toilet bowl.
We MUST find you a new hobby.:distress: :wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

We MUST find you a new hobby.:distress: :wavey:

- Jake

Okay, let's rephrase that. Group two was the equivalent of a root canal.

:steps away from toilet:

darklinensuit 02-25-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Okay, let's rephrase that. Group two was the equivalent of a root canal.

:steps away from toilet:

Hey, where you care for your teeth is your business...

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 02-25-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Hey, where you care for your teeth is your business...

- Jake

Well, i've yet to have a cavity so I must be doing something right. How's that gold tooth treating you these days, hmm?

:will be seeing Fleetwood Mac while Jake pays his dental bill: ;)

dissention 02-26-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Well, i've yet to have a cavity so I must be doing something right. How's that gold tooth treating you these days, hmm?

:will be seeing Fleetwood Mac while Jake pays his dental bill: ;)

Good lord, Marissa. We are two peas in a pod. I've never had a cavity, either. Please tell me you've never been stung by a bee. :laugh: I haven't. ;)

cliffdweller 02-26-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

You're right that last week's football guy is out of his league, and he looks like that guy who used to be on MadTV.

- Jake

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Totally!

That guy didn't even deserve to make it to Hollywood.

Amy didn't sound good last night when she sang, made me think, "uh-oh, she's probably not going to last much longer." I liked her better than Leah, she has a better attitude and her voice seems clearer and stronger. Although not last night.

The Hawaiian guy---how did that guy make it past the judges on the first round? That's ridiculous that he even got this far.

Yeah, the camera shots on Leah last night crying was kind of over the top. It's like give it a rest already, we know she's disapointed, why not make it worse and pour more salt into the wound???!?!!?!?

And how about the guy who sang "Tiny Dancer?" That guy sounded, like Randy put it, "cartoonish." I was laughing the whole time he sang!

La Toya is going to win the whole thing, just wait and see.

dissention 02-26-2004 10:01 AM

Who made it through last night? I couldn't bear to watch it in case someone bad made it. ;)

Livia 02-26-2004 12:26 PM

Amy and Latoya. I was appalled that the Tiny Dancer dude even made the top 3. It's fixed! It's fixed! :laugh: