The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Who Expects This Band To Carry On After This Week? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58782)

BombaySapphire3 12-17-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1255192)
The Pretenders on a bill with Journey? These are obviously the end times.

(You could characterize the Pretenders and their extraordinary legacy as being a sustained critique of everything that Journey ever represented and undoubtedly still represents.)

Abominable..who is Journey's lead singer these days ? Still the dwarf karaoke singer from Manila ?

Macfan4life 12-20-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1255308)
Abominable..who is Journey's lead singer these days ? Still the dwarf karaoke singer from Manila ?

I was never a Journey fan but last year I watched a high def full youtube video of their concert and was blown away. The band blew everyone out of their seats and yes the guy from Manila still is the lead vocal and does an amazing job.
They come to rock.

On another note. The Pretenders are great but fit better as an opening band for Journey than Stevie Nicks ;)

lovethemac1 12-20-2019 11:59 AM

I saw Journey in Oct, at their residency in Vegas. A number of the group that we were with were very....."meh..." about seeing them. I was super excited and I've seen them on their tours.

Every single person was completely stunned at the quality and professionalism that they displayed. And although Arnel is not Steve Perry, he is every bit as good vocally.

It was really fun, high energy and we all sang Journey songs all the way back to the hotel.

David 12-20-2019 01:52 PM

Well, sure, Stone in Love is on my playlist, too. (I concede its value as a workout tool.) But while Journey was churning out empty, fist-pumping pseudo-cocky sing-along anthems and schmaltzy ballads that could have been written by record label execs, Chrissie Hynde and James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon and Martin Chambers were making rock history on their first two albums, kicking the living daylights out of all the bland corporate crap that monopolized the airwaves in 1980. I know many years have passed—and the loser now will be later to win, in Dylan’s great words—but it’s still weird to see the Pretenders tour with Journey. What hath time wrought? Is John Lydon going to go out on the road with Air Supply? Public Enemy and Bruno Mars—an idiotic publicist’s dream?

Macfan4life 12-20-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1255332)
Well, sure, Stone in Love is on my playlist, too. (I concede its value as a workout tool.) But while Journey was churning out empty, fist-pumping pseudo-cocky sing-along anthems and schmaltzy ballads that could have been written by record label execs, Chrissie Hynde and James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon and Martin Chambers were making rock history on their first two albums, kicking the living daylights out of all the bland corporate crap that monopolized the airwaves in 1980. I know many years have passed—and the loser now will be later to win, in Dylan’s great words—but it’s still weird to see the Pretenders tour with Journey. What hath time wrought? Is John Lydon going to go out on the road with Air Supply? Public Enemy and Bruno Mars—an idiotic publicist’s dream?

Journey's worst song played backwards is still better than anything on Rock A Little

:eek:

David 12-20-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1255335)
Journey's worst song played backwards is still better than anything on Rock A Little

:eek:

Hehhehehhe.... poor Stevie ... she just can’t make good records.

Stevie in theory is better than Stevie in practice. Dare we say it?

SteveMacD 12-20-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1255336)
Hehhehehhe.... poor Stevie ... she just can’t make good records.

Stevie in theory is better than Stevie in practice. Dare we say it?

Well, at least since “The Wild Heart.”

However, she still sells a lot of tickets and is somehow the only woman in the HoF twice (weirdly before Tina Turner or Grace Slick), hence her power within the band.

Ken might have said it best:

Quote:

Smashing Interviews Magazine: What is your relationship with the rest of Fleetwood Mac?

Ken Caillat: Well, I have a relationship with Mick. The band was not really high tech, so they don’t keep their same phone numbers and emails, and I don’t have any way of connecting with Stevie. Stevie’s got a big entourage of people that are paid to protect her from strangers, and I would be considered a stranger in their eyes. The last time I talked to Christine, we were good. I produced a record for her in 2005. But I talk to John. I talk to Mick. I wish John a happy birthday every year, so I think I’m fine with everybody.

I’d probably be fine with Lindsey if I ever saw him. But he’s just got so much hatred now with the band for firing him when he’s the one that brought it on himself. He again demanded that they would delay their world tour for a year or a year and a half while he finished his solo record, and his solo records never sell anything. He gave them the ultimatum that he would quit, so the band talked and said, “You know what? Why don’t we just fire you? You’ve pulled that trick one too many times. We don’t care.”

Smashing Interviews Magazine: And along came Neil Finn.

Ken Caillat: Right, and he was the solution.

Smashing Interviews Magazine: So no one thinks Lindsey may rejoin the band in the future after a reconciliation?

Ken Caillat: Well, Lindsey had a heart attack, and they apparently damaged his vocal chords. I don’t know anything, but people I know who are very close to him don’t know whether he’s able to sing anymore. It’s too bad. Lindsey was a very angry man, and I believe he still is. Most of my comments about Lindsey are based on when I knew him.

bombaysaffires 12-20-2019 09:52 PM

demanding and angry are two different things. I have no doubt LB is demanding; he's a perfectionist and I'm sure gets short-tempered when things go wrong. Demanding is situational. Angry is a permanent character trait. I don't think he is angry as a permanent trait. I am sure like everyone he can get angry, probably super angry, when the situation warrants it, like, I dunno, your band firing you and lying about it. Maybe that even played a role in his heart attack, WTF knows.:shrug:

Listen we've heard from many people at the time that LB was not like super-fun party animal guy during the making of Tusk. He was on a mission to make a statement and not everyone was in the same headspace. Kudos to them for letting him take the ball and run with it.

But geez that was literally 40 effing years ago. Nearly HALF A CENTURY AGO. FFS no one is the same exact person they were 40 years ago. It's like Ken's memory is set in amber, frozen in time...... get.over.it.:nod:

SteveMacD 12-21-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1255346)
demanding and angry are two different things. I have no doubt LB is demanding; he's a perfectionist and I'm sure gets short-tempered when things go wrong. Demanding is situational. Angry is a permanent character trait. I don't think he is angry as a permanent trait. I am sure like everyone he can get angry, probably super angry, when the situation warrants it, like, I dunno, your band firing you and lying about it. Maybe that even played a role in his heart attack, WTF knows.:shrug:

Listen we've heard from many people at the time that LB was not like super-fun party animal guy during the making of Tusk. He was on a mission to make a statement and not everyone was in the same headspace. Kudos to them for letting him take the ball and run with it.

But geez that was literally 40 effing years ago. Nearly HALF A CENTURY AGO. FFS no one is the same exact person they were 40 years ago. It's like Ken's memory is set in amber, frozen in time...... get.over.it.:nod:

Two things: Ken knew Lindsey and was actually there during the making of those records AND he’s still in contact with members of the band or people still involved with the band. He has an insight none of us have, meet ‘n greets and post-show drinks aside.

elle 12-21-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1255350)
Two things: Ken knew Lindsey and was actually there during the making of those records AND he’s still in contact with members of the band or people still involved with the band. He has an insight none of us have, meet ‘n greets and post-show drinks aside.

:lol: you bought it, apparently!

yes, Ken knew Lindsey in 1979. that was 40 years ago. by his own admission, he doesn't know Lindsey now. and yet, he has no qualms about extrapolating the character of somebody now from how they were 40+ years ago, in their 20s, high and out of their minds on drugs, fame, pressure, and intra-band relationship turmoils.

Ken seems to be the bitter and angry one towards the band and its members. and yes various band members may have been bitter, high, angry and driven back in the 70s when they were all in their late 20s or even 30s. that doesn't mean that band members are bitter and angry and whatever else Ken makes up because - by his own admission - he has no contact with them now and no clue how they are now.

actually, Ken replied to me on social media back in April 2018 when he was first spreading band's now debunked 'he didn't want to tour for a year" story that he heard that from someone who works for the band, who was told by Mick. by then, many fans already knew for 3 months what actually happened - and what was later proven as the truth that even the band had to half-cough-up to by the end of their last year's tour. so Ken was told band's PR story while there were a good number of fans that had inside info. :shrug:

seems pretty certain that fans have way better insider sources than Ken has these days. or fans care to know what the truth is, while Ken is just trying to sell his book by attempting to answer questions thrown at him by trying to pretend that he's still in the know and in contact with the band.

after huge backlash on social media for spreading untruths, Ken has now a facebook post stating that's the trouble with interviews, questions come at you too fast - or something like that.
the thing is, Ken - however fast questions may come at you, making up answers about real people - and in fact making up the whole conversations that never happened - is not the right answer. :nod:

elle 12-21-2019 09:18 AM

half-back on topic of the thread.

reading the lawsuit from last year, it became clear that FM doesn't seem to exist as a legal entity between projects. they come together and sign contracts for specific projects - be that a tour, a gig, or in the past various albums and releases.

which means that at this moment, Fleetwood Mac as a band doesn't legally exist in any formation.

when talking about Fleetwood Mac, you can talk about Peter Green's band, various in-between incarnations, or the most well known Classic Fleetwood Mac - which is what masses are referring to when saying FM. but at present time, there is no present band. Lindsey is not really ex-FM member - or they all are. :thumbsup:

bombaysaffires 12-21-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1255356)
half-back on topic of the thread.

reading the lawsuit from last year, it became clear that FM doesn't seem to exist as a legal entity between projects. they come together and sign contracts for specific projects - be that a tour, a gig, or in the past various albums and releases.

which means that at this moment, Fleetwood Mac as a band doesn't legally exist in any formation.

when talking about Fleetwood Mac, you can talk about Peter Green's band, various in-between incarnations, or the most well known Classic Fleetwood Mac - which is what masses are referring to when saying FM. but at present time, there is no present band. Lindsey is not really ex-FM member - or they all are. :thumbsup:

which makes it more interesting that they didn't call the BuckVie album FM....

Entangling Stevie's personal management as band management as well is a disastrous arrangement for the band. Great for Stevie though! And then for LB to sign on Azoff as his own personal manager :eek:
I can only imagine that the strategy behind that was that having him as your manager he has to consider the impact of band business on you as a solo act. But that's an awfully risky strategy considering Azoff's management style of focusing on the bigger $$$ or higher profile clients (i.e., Stevie). Or maybe he though Irving could make them more like the Eagles, i.e. the way LB always says "those other bands who know what they want and want it at the same time" and can come together to make money whether they like each other or not.

The only other logic I can imagine is that LB indeed wanted to boost his ticket sales, marketing, profile in a more mainstream way (seems out of character, but who knows). The two just seem like a bad mix to me either way. :shrug:

SteveMacD 12-23-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1255361)
which makes it more interesting that they didn't call the BuckVie album FM....

As someone who was pissed off about that at the time, I get it now. They’re not going to ever play as Fleetwood Mac again without Stevie (so long as she and Mick are alive), with the possible exception of Peter Green miraculously returning. Even then, it would be called “Peter Green’s…” to avoid confusion.

I don’t think it’s right, but I at least understand the logic behind it.

Quote:

And then for LB to sign on Azoff as his own personal manager :eek:
It worked so well for Bob Welch, too.

Quote:

The only other logic I can imagine is that LB indeed wanted to boost his ticket sales, marketing, profile in a more mainstream way (seems out of character, but who knows). The two just seem like a bad mix to me either way. :shrug:
And then to talk down two festival shows Azoff was heavily invested in and actively promoting...

Irving’s motivation to be the Stevie whisper went out the window, replaced by his instinct to put in well known, popular musicians in already popular bands…

Lindsey wanted Fleetwood Mac to be more like the Eagles. Wish granted!

johnnystorms 01-02-2020 04:21 AM

my opinion

I NEVER buy into these breakups. I think Lindsey was aware of his heart condition and they all knew he could not do the tour. The 'estrangement' was staged for the press and social, to keep the cash flowing, and Lindsey will be back in the fold.
Just as he did Twister with her in 96 *when they were supposed to be at odds* and he played on IYD *after she was so 'miserable' after the no Christine tours*. It's all PR.
They'll do a farewell tour with the Rumours 5.

jmn3 01-02-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1255476)
I NEVER buy into these breakups. I think Lindsey was aware of his heart condition and they all knew he could not do the tour. The 'estrangement' was staged for the press and social, to keep the cash flowing, and Lindsey will be back in the fold.
Just as he did Twister with her in 96 *when they were supposed to be at odds* and he played on IYD *after she was so 'miserable' after the no Christine tours*. It's all PR.
They'll do a farewell tour with the Rumours 5.

I get why you are saying that - but I just can't agree. Not this time. Lindsey toured solo after he was fired for months. There's no way he knew of his heart condition and still did a tour. I get that a LB solo tour of small theaters isn't going to be as hectic as a full on Fleetwood Mac tour, but a solo tour also comes without all of the expenses (fancy planes and best hotels) that a Mac tour does.

He sued them. Not threatened. Actually sued. Papers were filed with the courts and a settlement was agreed to.

This isn't 1996. Or 1997. Or 1987. Hell, it's not even 2014. They are OLD. Their contemporaries are dropping like flies on a regular basis. Time is NOT on any of their sides. Planning some elaborate, hidden, stunt, that needs to have 3-4 years to fully play out....it just isn't in the cards at this point.

After how he was treated, I don't even want another Rumours tour. Not even a big final tour. It will be absolute garbage at this point. Fake hugs and warm glances? Give me a break. What else is there to prove? Nicks won't record anything new with the band, so what is there in another tour (other than the obviou$)? They reunited in 1997 and it was absolutely amazing. Then in 2014, out of the middle of nowhere, they unexpectedly reunited yet again and toured the world. It was unexpected, and it gave people like myself who were fans for decades but were 16 years old and not in attendance at The Dance tour a chance to see the five of them together. It was great...but the performances on stage certainly weren't Dance-era level. But at 33/34 years old, I got that chance and even kind of got a Tango in the Night focused concert with the four cuts. But now? For what? After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.

bombaysaffires 01-02-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1255494)
I get why you are saying that - but I just can't agree. Not this time. Lindsey toured solo after he was fired for months. There's no way he knew of his heart condition and still did a tour. I get that a LB solo tour of small theaters isn't going to be as hectic as a full on Fleetwood Mac tour, but a solo tour also comes without all of the expenses (fancy planes and best hotels) that a Mac tour does.

He sued them. Not threatened. Actually sued. Papers were filed with the courts and a settlement was agreed to.

This isn't 1996. Or 1997. Or 1987. Hell, it's not even 2014. They are OLD. Their contemporaries are dropping like flies on a regular basis. Time is NOT on any of their sides. Planning some elaborate, hidden, stunt, that needs to have 3-4 years to fully play out....it just isn't in the cards at this point.

After how he was treated, I don't even want another Rumours tour. Not even a big final tour. It will be absolute garbage at this point. Fake hugs and warm glances? Give me a break. What else is there to prove? Nicks won't record anything new with the band, so what is there in another tour (other than the obviou$)? They reunited in 1997 and it was absolutely amazing. Then in 2014, out of the middle of nowhere, they unexpectedly reunited yet again and toured the world. It was unexpected, and it gave people like myself who were fans for decades but were 16 years old and not in attendance at The Dance tour a chance to see the five of them together. It was great...but the performances on stage certainly weren't Dance-era level. But at 33/34 years old, I got that chance and even kind of got a Tango in the Night focused concert with the four cuts. But now? For what? After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.

and an absolute insult to long-time fans. 'we think you're too stupid to realize we played you suckas"

Villavic 01-03-2020 07:29 AM

I still think we will never have an objective complete info about what happened with those 5. None is telling the complete truth, IMHO.

Well, it was a practical solution for a tour. But in the end, for the band, that was not a solution at all.

David 01-03-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1255494)
After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.

I wish they would do something that would draw me to attend, but I can’t imagine what that would have to be. Maybe if they starred in a stage production of “Uncle Vanya” at South Coast Rep. Yes, come to think of it, I would go to that.

David 01-03-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1255499)

Well, it was a practical solution for a tour. But in the end, for the band, that was not a solution at all.

The most interesting thing artistically to come out of it was the online fighting here and on YouTube.

I guess the reconfigured tour served its humble (or not so humble) purpose. Nobody will look back on it in 20 years and say anything other than a straightforwardly descriptive “It happened.” It put “money in the bank but no gas in the tank.”

Buster 01-13-2020 12:18 PM

I hope this version of "Fleetwood Mac" goes away forever and that we never hear from the band again, even if Lindsey were to return.

BigAl84 01-23-2020 09:52 PM

To me the most interesting thing to witness out of all of the 2018/2019 drama was:

1. Almost instant, blind vilification of Lindsey by a huge chunk of folks who acted as if they were just waiting to have a reason to finally be happy he is out of the band, why that is I don’t really understand.

2. The amplification of all things related to Lindsey’s behavior and events 40 years ago while at the same time ignoring John McVies abusive alcoholism as well as the collective drug and party culture that affected every member of the band. Ken C’s recent remarks about Lindsey having the audacity to work on tusk tracks at home, but failing to mention how Stevie worked on Sara with Tom M. In an all together separate session. The shear amount of double standards and attempts to revise history is pretty shocking by fans and band members.

3. Magically, overnight there were legions of fans who were predominantly fans because of the ‘75 lineup, magically had an affection for every incarnation of the band and then used this as an excuse to feed into Micks “we’ve always had a revolving line up so this is business as usual” defense.

4. There was a time when fans could objectively look at the past knowing what we do know and come to the conclusion that NONE of them were saints on any level. Yet, with the events of 2018/2019 Some fans and folks like Ken C. have decided to paint this picture that everyone else was a saint to work with and it was always Lindsey being the difficult one.

5. Folks love to pour on the love for the Tango In The Night album, but turn a complete blind eye to the fact that big bad Lindsey had to work with Christine McVie to single handedly piece that entire album together with mick the drunk hanging out in a trailer in Lindsey’s driveway and Stevie being almost entirely absent due to her own addiction struggles. But let’s talk about Lindsey backing out of the tour because that’s low hanging fruit and ignore the premise that there wouldn’t of been any tour at all without the darn album. Again, the cherry picking is pretty staggering in this new era to portray Lindsey.

bombaysaffires 01-28-2020 07:01 PM

it fits with the larger zeitgeist of polarization. The world has devolved into camps, with no possible in-between. You're either "for" or "against" and once you pick your side, you pick your facts to support the position you've taken. Politics, social culture, whatever it is, everyone nowadays picks a side and ignores anything that doesn't fit that view. Sad. :distress:

David 01-29-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1256030)
it fits with the larger zeitgeist of polarization. The world has devolved into camps, with no possible in-between. You're either "for" or "against" and once you pick your side, you pick your facts to support the position you've taken. Politics, social culture, whatever it is, everyone nowadays picks a side and ignores anything that doesn't fit that view. Sad. :distress:

It is sad. It reduces the complexity of life to a meme. Things are almost never so absolutist black and white. They’re gray. Maybe that’s why we all like those jazzy-hippie songs Bob Welch produced with Fleetwood Mac—they adumbrate the complexities of life in sound. Thoughts?

Nicks Fan 01-29-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1255901)
To me the most interesting thing to witness out of all of the 2018/2019 drama was:

1. Almost instant, blind vilification of Lindsey by a huge chunk of folks who acted as if they were just waiting to have a reason to finally be happy he is out of the band, why that is I don’t really understand.

2. The amplification of all things related to Lindsey’s behavior and events 40 years ago while at the same time ignoring John McVies abusive alcoholism as well as the collective drug and party culture that affected every member of the band. Ken C’s recent remarks about Lindsey having the audacity to work on tusk tracks at home, but failing to mention how Stevie worked on Sara with Tom M. In an all together separate session. The shear amount of double standards and attempts to revise history is pretty shocking by fans and band members.

3. Magically, overnight there were legions of fans who were predominantly fans because of the ‘75 lineup, magically had an affection for every incarnation of the band and then used this as an excuse to feed into Micks “we’ve always had a revolving line up so this is business as usual” defense.

4. There was a time when fans could objectively look at the past knowing what we do know and come to the conclusion that NONE of them were saints on any level. Yet, with the events of 2018/2019 Some fans and folks like Ken C. have decided to paint this picture that everyone else was a saint to work with and it was always Lindsey being the difficult one.

5. Folks love to pour on the love for the Tango In The Night album, but turn a complete blind eye to the fact that big bad Lindsey had to work with Christine McVie to single handedly piece that entire album together with mick the drunk hanging out in a trailer in Lindsey’s driveway and Stevie being almost entirely absent due to her own addiction struggles. But let’s talk about Lindsey backing out of the tour because that’s low hanging fruit and ignore the premise that there wouldn’t of been any tour at all without the darn album. Again, the cherry picking is pretty staggering in this new era to portray Lindsey.

Couldn’t agree more. I have had people attack me for my support of Lindsey saying that his supporters are cult like members. I don’t get how anyone with even an ounce of intelligence cannot see the blatant hypocrisy with both why he was fired by the band ( tour delay of which Nicks is guilty of herself in 2012) as well as the he was difficult or we had come to an impasse when we all know that there have many times other members pulled **** they should have gotten the boot.

I think what it comes down to is that some of the SN fans are so obsessed with her and nothing not even quotes from the horses mouth will change their thinking on how she is perfection and Lindsey is nothing and guilty of everything. It is pointless to argue with them because their minds are made up. One of my friends said I hope they never serve on a jury.

button-lip 01-29-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1256060)
Couldn’t agree more. I have had people attack me for my support of Lindsey saying that his supporters are cult like members. I don’t get how anyone with even an ounce of intelligence cannot see the blatant hypocrisy with both why he was fired by the band ( tour delay of which Nicks is guilty of herself in 2012) as well as the he was difficult or we had come to an impasse when we all know that there have many times other members pulled **** they should have gotten the boot.

I think what it comes down to is that some of the SN fans are so obsessed with her and nothing not even quotes from the horses mouth will change their thinking on how she is perfection and Lindsey is nothing and guilty of everything. It is pointless to argue with them because their minds are made up. One of my friends said I hope they never serve on a jury.

:laugh::laugh: Funny that they think we are part of a cult when no matter what Stevie does or says, she will always be flawless to them. They know Lindsey did absolutely nothing to deserve her cold behavior and yet she’s still (still!) their perfect Sister of the Moon :nod::nod:

I know SN fans who tried to escape and cursed her existence for like 10 minutes, but at the end.... that’s what I call a cult! :laugh:

Villavic 01-29-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1256061)
I know SN fans who tried to escape and cursed her existence for like 10 minutes, but at the end.... that’s what I call a cult! :laugh:

Now I know what Stevie Nicks and Michael Jackson have in common. :laugh:

HomerMcvie 01-30-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256065)

Michael didn't like aging guitarists. He liked budding ones. Really really budding ones. :p

bombaysaffires 01-30-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

:laugh::laugh: Funny that they think we are part of a cult when no matter what Stevie does or says, she will always be flawless to them. They know Lindsey did absolutely nothing to deserve her cold behavior and yet she’s still (still!) their perfect Sister of the Moon :nod::nod:

In the interest of not doing what the SN cult does, let's be honest and say neither of the two is a saint. We all know that over the past 50 years the two of them have done sh&tty things to each other...so yeah he surely has done stuff to piss her off JUST AS she's done plenty of things to piss him off. THAT is what so f'ed up about all this.... the worst of that stuff was years ago when they both really engaged in things that set the other one off. After all these years they developed a system for dealing with it all which was basically never talking to each other, not staying in same hotels, having an entourage around Stevie that kept everyone away from her, sending Karen over to deal with Lindsey banging on the dressing room wall because her music was too loud, etc. Then go onstage, pretend (she being the biggest promoter of this) and then leave in separate SUVs to separate hotels and never interact.

All of which circles back and undermines the Chiff logic about what went on for her to insist on his firing. Because she was only having to deal with him for like 4 hours a day at best. And what new behavior could be worse than any of either of their past behavior?? He ranted about why Rhiannon was played at MusicCares?? Like, really???

Buster 01-30-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

They know Lindsey did absolutely nothing to deserve her cold behavior

I don't like how Lindsey was treated and would never support this new "Fleetwood Mac" but this is BS. Lindsey has done plenty to deserve her cold behavior.

I've seen the MusicCares video and he mocked her while she was speaking, going as far to make the jerking off motion. It's clear as day. Enough to be booted from the band? No, but childish and disrespectful.

Before I'm labeled as a Stevie cultist, I think she has done plenty herself and she is no innocent victim. I'm one of the people in the grey area.

I do laugh when people call Stevie fans cultists when so many Lindsey fans here continue to spend countless hours posting the same pro-Lindsey, anti-Stevie arguments in every thread, coming into Stevie threads and hijacking them to talk about Lindsey. Trying to buddy up to Lindsey's wife on Twitter. It's creepy. And it completely destroyed what was once a great discussion board.

bombaysaffires 01-30-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1256080)
I don't like how Lindsey was treated and would never support this new "Fleetwood Mac" but this is BS. Lindsey has done plenty to deserve her cold behavior.

I've seen the MusicCares video and he mocked her while she was speaking, going as far to make the jerking off motion. It's clear as day. Enough to be booted from the band? No, but childish and disrespectful.

Before I'm labeled as a Stevie cultist, I think she has done plenty herself and she is no innocent victim. I'm one of the people in the grey area.

I do laugh when people call Stevie fans cultists when so many Lindsey fans here continue to spend countless hours posting the same pro-Lindsey, anti-Stevie arguments in every thread, coming into Stevie threads and hijacking them to talk about Lindsey. Trying to buddy up to Lindsey's wife on Twitter. It's creepy. And it completely destroyed what was once a great discussion board.

well, now, let's not cherry pick our facts.

Did you watch the video? If so, you would have seen that Mick AND Christine made faces, smirked, rolled their eyes and then STARTED WALTZING while Stevie spoke. It was after they began dancing that LB jokingly gestured to John that the two of them could dance as well.

Funny how no one calls out MICK or CHRIS's behavior in this, just Lindsey's. That's the exact sort of bias that comes from the SN tribe (of which I was a member for DECADES).

If Lindsey's behavior during her speech merits actually firing from the band, Mick and Christine should be right out on the sidewalk with him. They aren't. So why is that????

mitzo 01-30-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1256084)

Did you watch the video? If so, you would have seen that Mick AND Christine made faces, smirked, rolled their eyes and then STARTED WALTZING while Stevie spoke. It was after they began dancing that LB jokingly gestured to John that the two of them could dance as well.

Funny how no one calls out MICK or CHRIS's behavior in this, just Lindsey's. That's the exact sort of bias that comes from the SN tribe (of which I was a member for DECADES).

If Lindsey's behavior during her speech merits actually firing from the band, Mick and Christine should be right out on the sidewalk with him. They aren't. So why is that????

It obviously was not just the Musicares incident. It was probably the last straw after decades of stuff. Most of which may look like nothing, but Stevie, with her obvious issues (borderline personality or whatever), will probably always overreact to just about anything.

button-lip 01-30-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1256073)
In the interest of not doing what the SN cult does, let's be honest and say neither of the two is a saint. We all know that over the past 50 years the two of them have done sh&tty things to each other...so yeah he surely has done stuff to piss her off JUST AS she's done plenty of things to piss him off. THAT is what so f'ed up about all this.... the worst of that stuff was years ago when they both really engaged in things that set the other one off. After all these years they developed a system for dealing with it all which was basically never talking to each other, not staying in same hotels, having an entourage around Stevie that kept everyone away from her, sending Karen over to deal with Lindsey banging on the dressing room wall because her music was too loud, etc. Then go onstage, pretend (she being the biggest promoter of this) and then leave in separate SUVs to separate hotels and never interact.

All of which circles back and undermines the Chiff logic about what went on for her to insist on his firing. Because she was only having to deal with him for like 4 hours a day at best. And what new behavior could be worse than any of either of their past behavior?? He ranted about why Rhiannon was played at MusicCares?? Like, really???

Agree with all of this. Lindsey wasn't and will never be a saint. But what about talking like adults (like Lindsey wanted to since Azoff told him Stevie didn't want to be on the same stage with him ever again)?

I guess that's a bit too civilized for someone like Stevie....

Quote:

Stevie has done plenty to receive the same kind of behavior from Lindsey, and yet, he still "loves them all".
I've seen the Musicares video too and Lindsey starts goofing around AFTER Mick and Christine make funny faces. So it's not as clear as day. Like, seriously? This has been discussed like a thousand times.

And please, there are plenty of Stevie's fans who refer to Lindsey's fans as "cultists". Plenty. Maybe your area is so grey that you can't see it clearly…. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1256084)

Why is that? Because for Stevie (and her cult) there has always been about Lindsey, and only Lindsey….

sue 01-30-2020 07:02 PM

Oh for goodness sake, once and for all....
SHE got rid of him, she got him fired, end of ...kaput ...all her doing.

She has born a grudge or whatever for years, years, years.
And has waited and waited, till the scales tilted in her favour..

She finally got rid of him, when really he was of no use,( to her) as Fleetwood Mac was not going to make any new music, from her LA tower, she had decreed it.
Once Buckvie was released that was the final nail in his coffin, ...Christine returning was a major catalyst to Lindsey’s demise....

There’s really not much more to say , you can argue any possible reasons behind her actions..... but the fact is she done the deed.
The gal’s guilty.....
(even I can see that as a true Mac fan, neither Lindsey or Stevie fan, I love them both)

HomerMcvie 01-31-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1256090)
Oh for goodness sake, once and for all....
SHE got rid of him, she got him fired, end of ...kaput ...all her doing.

She has born a grudge or whatever for years, years, years.
And has waited and waited, till the scales tilted in her favour..

She finally got rid of him, when really he was of no use,( to her) as Fleetwood Mac was not going to make any new music, from her LA tower, she had decreed it.
Once Buckvie was released that was the final nail in his coffin, ...Christine returning was a major catalyst to Lindsey’s demise....

There’s really not much more to say , you can argue any possible reasons behind her actions..... but the fact is she done the deed.
The gal’s guilty.....
(even I can see that as a true Mac fan, neither Lindsey or Stevie fan, I love them both)

YEP! Her cult just can't accept that $he could do something so mean and downright evil. Ungrateful pos, she is.

Murrow 01-31-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1256065)

Apart from the face jobs you mean?

Murrow 01-31-2020 04:06 PM

Whatever the case SN should have just quit the kitchen if she didn't like the heat. But Mick never had the heart to say that to her.

cbBen 02-02-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrow (Post 1256125)
Whatever the case SN should have just quit the kitchen if she didn't like the heat. But Mick never had the heart to say that to her.

This is what I pointed out when someone brought up Neil Young and CSNY. When he had a problem with Crosby over drug use, and felt he couldn't work with him anymore, Neil was far and away the biggest star in the group. He could easily have lobbied the others to kick out Crosby (who was becoming increasingly difficult and decreasingly creative).

Instead, Neil quit and let the others carry on without him for ten years until Crosby got clean. In so doing Neil may have left a lot of money on the table (the next two CSN albums were smash hits), but he didn't plot behind anyone's back to get someone fired. He left himself.

HomerMcvie 02-02-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1256153)

Instead, Neil quit and let the others carry on without him for ten years until Crosby got clean. In so doing Neil may have left a lot of money on the table (the next two CSN albums were smash hits), but he didn't plot behind anyone's back to get someone fired. He left himself.

$tevie would NEVER do that. Because it's ALL about her.

$he's not the boss. Yeah, right. F*cking egomaniac is what $he is.

elle 02-02-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1256153)
This is what I pointed out when someone brought up Neil Young and CSNY. When he had a problem with Crosby over drug use, and felt he couldn't work with him anymore, Neil was far and away the biggest star in the group. He could easily have lobbied the others to kick out Crosby (who was becoming increasingly difficult and decreasingly creative).

exactly.

although i initially listened to the voices saying she wanted to do that and Mick made her stay to make sure his pockets are filled as much as possible, after seeing all the happenings from the last 2 years, i don't blame it so singularly on Mick anymore. she's not the victim, she's a perpetrator. like someone said, her obsession with "haunting Lindsey forever" (after dumping him?!) was initially expressed back in 1976 with Silver Springs, and sadly for her it never went away.

cbBen 02-03-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

With all due respect, I think from the Twitter interaction we've had it's evident that she and I have become buddies. I'd tell you how many Tweets of mine she's liked, but I'm afraid it would just come off as bragging.