The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   5 least favorite Christine Mac songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59459)

jbrownsjr 01-17-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1272057)
It mostly about being burnt out on it. For many years I couldn't even listen to Rumours because it was so played out. Now, the rest of Rumours sounds good to me just not YMLF and DS for some reason.

Completely understand. I can't listen to Dreams, Landslide, Over My Head, or Rhiannon.

Macfan4life 01-18-2022 09:07 AM

I rarely do this but I would make 1 change to my list swapping out Mystified with I Do. I tend to want to leave Time songs alone since the band was in an odd state at that time. But nonetheless its an official Mac album.

This challenge truly is a Sophie's Choice.

bwboy 01-18-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1272058)
Completely understand. I can't listen to Dreams, Landslide, Over My Head, or Rhiannon.

Understood, though in all fairness to those songs, it’s not their fault. I can’t stand Don’t Stop, Dreams, Say You Love Me et al because I’ve overplayed them, but I can still recognize their artistic merit.

jbrownsjr 01-18-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1272071)
Understood, though in all fairness to those songs, it’s not their fault. I can’t stand Don’t Stop, Dreams, Say You Love Me et al because I’ve overplayed them, but I can still recognize their artistic merit.

I'll never get sick of SYLM. Something about it makes me so happy when I hear it. The other two... ehhhhh.

David 01-18-2022 03:48 PM

I never liked “Wish You Were Here.” Sorry! That one line — “I feel like a child tonight” — doesn’t leave me feeling very good. I throw up a little in my mouth.

This conveys it best: www.youtube.com/watch?v=omf_elJLMkU

But all the hate for “Temporary One”? The song is killer!

moon 01-18-2022 05:02 PM

I'm with David, Temporary One is not a bad song, I like its energy!
On the other hand, it's good to read there's more nice people a bit "tired"? (IDK if it's the ideal word) of the Rumours and some White Album songs. I'm not alone in this small world!! :blob2:

Macfan4life 01-18-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1272088)
On the other hand, it's good to read there's more nice people a bit "tired"? (IDK if it's the ideal word) of the Rumours and some White Album songs. I'm not alone in this small world!! :blob2:

I like temporary one too. Its not on my all time favorite list but Chris rose to the challenge. Her new song defined the moment of the Dance. The chorus was wonderful with all of them singing.

bombaysaffires 01-19-2022 01:14 AM

Warm Ways..... snooze fest, and the line "you made me a woman tonight" has always grossed me out.

Never Make Me Cry.... all about her really effed up relationship with the cheating twat Dennis. Hate her "treat me like sh&t but I'll still love you" doormat songs.

Mystified. Mystified indeed.

Only Over You. "They say I'm a silly girl".

Love In Store. Has always sounded unfinished, like they ran out of time or money for enough studio time.

bombaysaffires 01-19-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1272086)
I never liked “Wish You Were Here.” Sorry! That one line — “I feel like a child tonight” — doesn’t leave me feeling very good. I throw up a little in my mouth.

This conveys it best: www.youtube.com/watch?v=omf_elJLMkU

But all the hate for “Temporary One”? The song is killer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1272088)

Indeed.

Far better than Sweet Girl.

HomerMcvie 01-19-2022 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1272100)
Warm Ways..... snooze fest, and the line "you made me a woman tonight" has always grossed me out.

Never Make Me Cry.... all about her really effed up relationship with the cheating twat Dennis. Hate her "treat me like sh&t but I'll still love you" doormat songs.

Love In Store. Has always sounded unfinished, like they ran out of time or money for enough studio time.

Warm Ways is a snoozefest, and sounds so dated, compared to the rest of the album.

Never Make Me Cry - let's call a spade a spade... she liked losers. I realize everyone was f*cked up then, but she dated and married addicts.

Mystified and OOY- it took me YEARS to learn to love both of those songs. I now do, but they weren't great, out of the gate.

jbrownsjr 01-19-2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272104)
Warm Ways is a snoozefest, and sounds so dated, compared to the rest of the album.

Never Make Me Cry - let's call a spade a spade... she liked losers. I realize everyone was f*cked up then, but she dated and married addicts.

Mystified and OOY- it took me YEARS to learn to love both of those songs. I now do, but they weren't great, out of the gate.

Yea, I love Mystified way more than when it was released. Something about those arrangements make me tingle. And I also heard the demo and love it.

I think Tony has been playing it on keys?

aleuzzi 01-19-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1272117)
Yea, I love Mystified way more than when it was released. Something about those arrangements make me tingle. And I also heard the demo and love it.

I think Tony has been playing it on keys?

I have! It’s simple but unusual—maximum effectiveness with minimum complexity.

bwboy 01-19-2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1272100)

Have you heard her demo Wish You Were Never Only Over My Warm Ways?

You… made me a woman tonight
I feel like a child tonight
They say I’m a silly girl
As I lay here in the darkness
You look at me with those brown eyes
Will you take me all the way… all the way

Dang, Christine writes some dark *****!

jbrownsjr 01-19-2022 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1272130)
Have you heard her demo Wish You Were Never Only Over My Warm Ways?

You… made me a woman tonight
I feel like a child tonight
They say I’m a silly girl
As I lay here in the darkness
You look at me with those brown eyes
Will you take me all the way… all the way

Dang, Christine writes some dark *****!

She doesn't like sleeping alone... :lol:

SteveMacD 01-19-2022 06:20 PM

The Way I Feel
Only Over You
Hollywood
Sooner or Later (Would have been great if edited to three minutes)
Feel About You