The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which lady of the Mac do you prefer? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43862)

ButterCookie 05-18-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 890810)
I assume that was a scoff of derision?

Question: Other than her songs on Time, how familiar are you with Bekka's work?

Highly familiar, actually. I don't waste good food over nothing.

I don't quite see what her other work has to do with 'Ladies of the Mac' though :shrug:

HejiraNYC 05-18-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 890815)
I don't quite see what her other work has to do with 'Ladies of the Mac' though :shrug:

Shhh... Stop making sense!

ButterCookie 05-18-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 890822)
Shhh... Stop making sense!

http://www.zombieguiders.com/forum/i...con_giggle.gif Sorry

APerfectLie 05-18-2010 10:49 AM

You cannot vote on this poll. WTMFH?

But Stevie, for sure.

nailatixela 05-18-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890688)
What about Bekka? :shocked:

jus sayin'

LOL...it's pretty sad that Grace Slick is an option in this poll, but not Bekka. And even Lindsey is a choice. Poor Bekka. At least Mick isn't an option.

chiliD 05-18-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890688)
What about Bekka? :shocked:

jus sayin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 890690)
Didn't really think of her. The Stevie-Chris debate is sorta like the Dave-Sammy debate with Van Halen, and Bekka is a bit like Gary Cherone in VH: the person that tends not to really be associated as a lead singer in the band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890695)
Bekka deserves her fair share of credit too. She has one hell of a voice, and her only fault was doing Stevie songs on the Time tour. This would be like doing a "men of the mac?" poll, and forgetting Billy Burnette and Rick Vito :eek::shocked::eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 890699)
Sorry, she just never came to mind for me. I was thinking primarily of Stevie and Chris duking it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 890715)
Thanks for sticking up for Bekka, Anthony. :thumbsup:

And yeah, Bekka gets my vote without question. She is hands down my favorite female vocalist. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 890740)
Sorry, I just actually spat my cereal :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 890810)
I assume that was a scoff of derision?

It just is ludicrious that Bekka wasn't included. That's the same as if I did a poll:

Who's your favorite Fleetwood Mac guitarist:

Peter Green
Lindsey Buckingham
Rick Vito

Uh...no Spencer? no Kirwan? no Welch? no Weston? no Burnette? no Mason?

It's my view that you either include ALL members who fit the criteria of the poll, or the poll is invalid. SO, to me, this is an invalid poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890695)
...her (Bekka) only fault was doing Stevie songs on the Time tour.

WTF kinda comment is THAT?? OF COURSE she'd be doing Stevie songs, as well as Christine songs...she's doing her first tour as the new female singer of Fleetwood Mac doing her predecessors songs in concert. Bob Welch, Lindsey Buckingham, Billy Burnette & Rick Vito all had to do Peter Green tunes....Lindsey had to do Bob Welch tunes....Billy had to do Lindsey tunes. Nobody puts them down for THAT...but HOLY CRAP, Bekka does what she's SUPPOSED to do and she gets vilified???? Why the double standard? Are you really THAT psychotically Nicks-centric? Seems to be in epidemic proportions around here. :mad:

RickRobert 05-18-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 890832)
It just is ludicrious that Bekka wasn't included. That's the same as if I did a poll:

Who's your favorite Fleetwood Mac guitarist:

Peter Green
Lindsey Buckingham
Rick Vito

Uh...no Spencer? no Kirwan? no Welch? no Weston? no Burnette? no Mason?

Thing is, they're good guitarists.

chiliD 05-18-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 890838)
Thing is, they're good guitarists.

Of course, but you obviously missed the point completely.

tilthefirefades 05-18-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

WTF kinda comment is THAT?? OF COURSE she'd be doing Stevie songs, as well as Christine songs...she's doing her first tour as the new female singer of Fleetwood Mac doing her predecessors songs in concert. Bob Welch, Lindsey Buckingham, Billy Burnette & Rick Vito all had to do Peter Green tunes....Lindsey had to do Bob Welch tunes....Billy had to do Lindsey tunes. Nobody puts them down for THAT...but HOLY CRAP, Bekka does what she's SUPPOSED to do and she gets vilified???? Why the double standard? Are you really THAT psychotically Nicks-centric? Seems to be in epidemic proportions around here. :mad:
Whoaaa. I took up for Bekka...? I am very Nicks-centric, yes. But Bekka and Stevie are two completely different people, that sing on opposite ends of the spectrum. I just think they should have done everything different with the Time era. It was a different band, and it should have been a different setlist.

louielouie2000 05-18-2010 02:20 PM

Apparently I'm the only one who voted for Grace Slick! :laugh: In my humblest of opinions, you really can't pit Stevie against Christine or vice versa, because they're so wholly different. I love each for very different reasons. I listen to each for very different reasons.

And for those making a spectacle about Bekka: get over yourselves. She was a very, very brief blip in Mac history. People make the biggest damn fuss over that woman, yet they don't cajole over Bob Weston, Bob Brunning, or Dave Walker like they do her. Why? Because she's got a rack? For what it's worth, I'm sure it wasn't Bekka's idea at all to do Stevie Nicks songs. I'm sure she would have rather made her own mark anyway. It's all part and parcel with the Mac package that new members have to play past members crappy songs. That still doesn't make it any more pleasant for the rest of us, though. Lindsey's version of Oh Well makes my skin crawl, and my ears are STILL bleeding a decade and a half later after hearing Bekka's Gold Dust Woman :laugh:. Displeasure also goes with Fleetwood Mac like coke and straws do with Stevie's tush. :wavey:

ButterCookie 05-18-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 890858)
Displeasure also goes with Fleetwood Mac like coke and straws do with Stevie's tush. :wavey:

Have I ever told you how much I love you? :lol:

RickRobert 05-18-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 890860)
Have I ever told you how much I love you? :lol:

Back off he's mine :mad::lol:

chiliD 05-18-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 890853)
Whoaaa. I took up for Bekka...? I am very Nicks-centric, yes. But Bekka and Stevie are two completely different people, that sing on opposite ends of the spectrum. I just think they should have done everything different with the Time era. It was a different band, and it should have been a different setlist.

The setlist varied little between personnel changes, why is 1994/95 all of a sudden "the new set of rules"??? Because they're Stevie Nicks written songs being done by "the NEW Fleetwood Mac"? Well f*** that...they should've retired "Rattlesnake Shake", "Oh Well" & "Black Magic Woman" when Peter left, too, but they didn't...the songs are FLEETWOOD MAC songs...done by FLEETWOOD MAC.

Oh and Louie, get over your own F***ing self.

bluefox4000 05-18-2010 03:47 PM

All this fuss over a crappy time in a great band. Wow Bekka is a sore spot

Mick

louielouie2000 05-18-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 890884)
Oh and Louie, get over your own F***ing self.

I could say the same, my friend! :thumbsup: I've known you through the Fleetwood Mac message boards for 10 years now, and know your ways well. You like to scream and yell at anyone who says anything less than gleaming things about non '75-'87 Mac, or when someone forgets to list some random, obscure member. Bekka definitely falls into the latter category: if you polled modern day Mac concert goers asking who she was, 99% or more would have no idea. She was a one-album member... a member of the worst selling chapter in Mac history, to boot. Seriously, what's the fuss about this one chick? I just don't get it.

I know your motive is to turn people on to the non Buckingham Nicks lineups and members. But seriously, do you think screaming at people and berating their opinions accomplishes that? Why can't someone just be a guilt free fan? Honestly, I know you just like yelling and pushing people's buttons. You hide behind your massive Mac knowledge for protection, but I never hear you speak about listening to a Bekka solo album and enjoying it, for instance. I however DO hear you say complimentary things about Stevie Nicks, from time to time. ;)