The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Songbird now on Amazon (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59540)

jbrownsjr 05-16-2022 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1274581)
As always, I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Bah....Baaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Most fans don't care about the music.

HomerMcvie 05-16-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1274595)
Most fans don't care about the music.

As long as the old goat can still spin, chasing that tin can of coke.

I'm still waiting for the bedazzled power wheel chair, with streamers trailing as she duct tapes the left turn button down.:laugh::wavey:

jbrownsjr 05-16-2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1274600)
As long as the old goat can still spin, chasing that tin can of coke.

I'm still waiting for the bedazzled power wheel chair, with streamers trailing as she duct tapes the left turn button down.:laugh::wavey:

Our band has been chucked to the wall like an already broken vase. I guess that vase broke long ago. That's when I needed it, when I need it most.

Phoenixgypsy 05-16-2022 09:52 AM

I may be a dreamer, but my hope is that there is enough interest/sales in this album that they decide to issue a proper "Essential" album and include "I Can't Help Falling In Love", "Got A Hold On Me", "Love Will Show Us How", etc..

Macfan4life 05-16-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1274602)
I may be a dreamer, but my hope is that there is enough interest/sales in this album that they decide to issue a proper "Essential" album and include "I Can't Help Falling In Love", "Got A Hold On Me", "Love Will Show Us How", etc..

I would love all that too. I would also add Too Much Is Not Enough. But beggars cant be choosers I guess. I would love a 1984 live concert audio too ;)

BTW

I JUST PRE ORDERED MY SONGBIRD CD TODAY.
lets make it go #1 pre-order

jbrownsjr 05-16-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1274602)

I know. I just keep screaming, "But why????"

Why wouldn't you do this right?

HomerMcvie 05-17-2022 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1274601)
Our band has been chucked to the wall like an already broken vase. I guess that vase broke long ago. That's when I needed it, when I need it most.

Let's face it, the band of our lives is finished. People are clinging to the sad remnants of what's left. I wish they'd just toss in the towel, because it's that bad.

jbrownsjr 05-17-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1274618)
Let's face it, the band of our lives is finished. People are clinging to the sad remnants of what's left. I wish they'd just toss in the towel, because it's that bad.

They should come away come away come away! :xoxo:

aleuzzi 05-17-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1274618)

You’re right, I’m afraid. But they’re not done extracting every last dime from their beloved public.

I do wish Christine would just do one more album with her at a piano and some judicious vocal dusting.

Better still, I’d welcome Otis Span’s ghost back to his piano...

HomerMcvie 05-18-2022 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1274635)
You’re right, I’m afraid. But they’re not done extracting every last dime from their beloved public.

I do wish Christine would just do one more album with her at a piano and some judicious vocal dusting.

Better still, I’d welcome Otis Span’s ghost back to his piano...

That would be wonderful, but she can't even play Songbird any more. Her hands are done? Sure seems that way. So sad watching a pitiful ending...

The old goat(Mick, too) will do it until they fire up the creamatory, but I thought the rest of them would know when to pull the plug. I guess stardom is addictive.

BigAl84 05-18-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1274636)
That would be wonderful, but she can't even play Songbird any more. Her hands are done? Sure seems that way. So sad watching a pitiful ending...

The old goat(Mick, too) will do it until they fire up the creamatory, but I thought the rest of them would know when to pull the plug. I guess stardom is addictive.

She's got a real trick up her sleeve for her last performance of rooms on fire!! oh lawwd I'm going to h*ll for that one.

bwboy 05-18-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1274636)

Is this a recent change of heart? Because you’ve posted not that long ago about your anger that if Stevie hadn’t fired Lindsey, FM could still be recording to this day, with or without Stevie. I’m not baiting you, btw. I actually feel the same way.

HomerMcvie 05-18-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1274645)
Is this a recent change of heart? Because you’ve posted not that long ago about your anger that if Stevie hadn’t fired Lindsey, FM could still be recording to this day, with or without Stevie. I’m not baiting you, btw. I actually feel the same way.

Without Lindsey, FM has no creative process left. They know that. But let's sell some tickets watching the old goat pathetically attempt to spin around like a drunken sailor.

Pathetic ending to the band of my life...

Macfan4life 06-07-2022 11:25 AM

Got an email from Amazon yesterday. CD now arriving June 29 or June 30.

Its hard to get excited for songs that I already have. But I cant wait to hear the new Songbird, the movie song, and hear the remix on my Bose system.

jbrownsjr 06-07-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1275010)
Got an email from Amazon yesterday. CD now arriving June 29 or June 30.

Its hard to get excited for songs that I already have. But I cant wait to hear the new Songbird, the movie song, and hear the remix on my Bose system.

Mine said 6/24!! We are desperate. haha