The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Buckingham McVie album! Out June 9th, 2017!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56766)

kenzo 01-13-2017 12:10 PM

This is AWESOME! It must have been somewhat "freeing" to finally move on since Stevie didn't want to participate for whatever reason.

I'm happy anytime we get to hear new music from any of the crew.

ViscountViktor 01-13-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennonfan (Post 1199318)
it looks like they won't use the FM moniker, but it really is an FM album:)
May looks to be the release date, and check this mixing board photo:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...113-story.html

Love that pic too!

That article confirms it more solidly. Can't wait for this now.

AlexD 01-13-2017 12:14 PM

Will there be a Stevie Nicks diss track?

HomerMcvie 01-13-2017 12:21 PM

I hope the old goat is happy. Without the FM name, it probably won't sell half of what it would with the name.

They should just kick that INGRATE to the curb!!!

lennonfan 01-13-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexD (Post 1199321)
Will there be a Stevie Nicks diss track?

with the title of this they're basically saying 'You can go your own waaaaayy' lol.
I think a fun title would be:
Buckingham McVie - Nix Nicks

jbrownsjr 01-13-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1199322)
I hope the old goat is happy. Without the FM name, it probably won't sell half of what it would with the name.

omg!!!! This is amazing... forget about that pretentious diva goat and focus on what you're about to receive, Nancy Jean!!!

shackin'up 01-13-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu28 (Post 1199303)
Good! Now maybe they will quit bugging the piss out of Stevie and everyone here can be happy! New music is new music, right? All is good!

If you are a Fleetwood Mac Fan, something in you should be dissappointed. It is the end of the recordingband.

jbrownsjr 01-13-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1199325)
If you are a Fleetwood Mac Fan, something in you should be dissappointed. It is the end of the recordingband.

My disappointment is directed exactly where it should be. At the person that brought up record sales being an excuse not to record.

You do have a point, but even Shakespeare said, "What's in a name"..

I'm going to focus on the positive and celebrate the rebuilding of burned bridges. :)

FuzzyPlum 01-13-2017 12:42 PM

The most interesting thing for me is that Christine added lyrics to instrumentals Lindsey did with Mick and John. I didn't know that. I was worried half of the material would be Buckingham and the other half Buckingham-McVie which would have resulted in a lop-sided album. If, however, she's given lyrics to his music and he's added music to her lyrics then it really is a proper, full-on collaboration.
Hmmm, I wonder if they'll be naked on the album cover :distress:

olive 01-13-2017 12:43 PM

this is Great! new music , and hopefully reasonably priced concert tickets , and probably a solo record from Stevie !

Stormwind 01-13-2017 12:50 PM

Out of the cradle again, time for new music without the pretentious witch. Go Lindsey, Go Christine!

jbrownsjr 01-13-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1199327)
The most interesting thing for me is that Christine added lyrics to instrumentals Lindsey did with Mick and John. I didn't know that. I was worried half of the material would be Buckingham and the other half Buckingham-McVie which would have resulted in a lop-sided album. If, however, she's given lyrics to his music and he's added music to her lyrics then it really is a proper, full-on collaboration.
Hmmm, I wonder if they'll be naked on the album cover :distress:

The shippers will be so mad.. because they will be praising these lyrics that will most certainly be misconstrued to be about Stevie and it will be Christine writing them!!!

jbrownsjr 01-13-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1199328)
this is Great! new music , and hopefully reasonably priced concert tickets , and probably a solo record from Stevie !

She's not interested in making records, they don't sell.

jkmaletic 01-13-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1199322)

Got the news you want and you still have to insult.

jkmaletic 01-13-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1199338)
She's not interested in making records, they don't sell.

She's not interested in making records with someone that she doesn't get along with professionally.
Can't we all just be happy now? They seem to be.