The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rename the White Album with a title track (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59375)

jbrownsjr 10-20-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1270276)
How about Stephanie. Since Lindsey never cared for titles and Stevie suggested his song be named Stephanie. Its only fair that the lead singer of the band get to name the album.

How about he names it Stepanie, and she changes the album title to Rhinannon? How about that!

Macfan4life 10-20-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270281)
How about he names it Stepanie, and she changes the album title to Rhinannon? How about that!

Only on 2 conditions:
she writes in cursive writing on the cover "this is a story about a Welsh witch"
and she wears fangs on the back cover bathroom photo

jbrownsjr 10-20-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1270282)
Only on 2 conditions:
she writes in cursive writing on the cover "this is a story about a Welsh witch"
and she wears fangs on the back cover bathroom photo

Three. Also, she gives a speech on all four sides of the lyrics fold out sheet, as to why she and Karen changed Lindsey's choice.

SteveMacD 10-21-2021 12:49 AM

"Over My Head" because of everything they went through in 1974. Suddenly, they were managing themselves after their manager put a fake band on tour, but somehow became a top 40 band living in Los Angeles with "Heroes..."

So, the title "Over My Head" with the "but it sure feels nice" tagline seems especially apropos.

Macfan4life 10-21-2021 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270297)
"Over My Head" because of everything they went through in 1974. Suddenly, they were managing themselves after their manager put a fake band on tour, but somehow became a top 40 band living in Los Angeles with "Heroes..."

So, the title "Over My Head" with the "but it sure feels nice" tagline seems especially apropos.

Welcome back brother.

Macfan4life 10-21-2021 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270283)
Three. Also, she gives a speech on all four sides of the lyrics fold out sheet, as to why she and Karen changed Lindsey's choice.

btw, the reason I mentioned the fangs was because someone said here or another board that the photo of Stevie on the White album looks like a young Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy always had fangs on his early 80s album covers.
Just putting it in context.

jbrownsjr 10-21-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270297)

Welcome Back! Go Bengals!

jbrownsjr 10-21-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1270303)
btw, the reason I mentioned the fangs was because someone said here or another board that the photo of Stevie on the White album looks like a young Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy always had fangs on his early 80s album covers.
Just putting it in context.

I am familiar with Ozzy and Goat's look, as well as the fang story. :lol:

Villavic 10-21-2021 09:20 AM

I chose World Turning too. That album was kind of a turning point. Of course they didn't know that at the moment they chose the title, but it would be a cool name anyway.

On Ice 10-22-2021 01:43 PM

World Turning is the only one that really fits as an album title. I still like that the album was self titled though and wouldn't change a thing, other than maybe one more Nicks song on side two- Sorcerer would be an instant fav. would've been killer done by the band complete with the banjo.

jbrownsjr 10-22-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1270337)
World Turning is the only one that really fits as an album title. I still like that the album was self titled though and wouldn't change a thing, other than maybe one more Nicks song on side two- Sorcerer would be an instant fav. would've been killer done by the band complete with the banjo.

Gonna sound strange coming from me, but I always felt that "The White album" and tour needed one more Nicks' song.

aleuzzi 10-22-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270342)
Gonna sound strange coming from me, but I always felt that "The White album" and tour needed one more Nicks' song.

It felt that way to me, too—because I approached the album from a point of history. I’d heard Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage before I heard the white album in full. I was accustomed to more Stevie presence. We’d have to interview ChilD (he still around?) and others who came to the album after enjoying the Bob Welch years…

I did always wonder why she didn’t figure more prominently in the mix on “I’m So Afraid” and “Crystal.” And to this day I wish the band had decided on “Frozen Love,” no matter how stunning Christine’s organ work is on Crystal.

aleuzzi 10-22-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1270337)

Sorcerer would have totally rocked.

SteveMacD 10-22-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270342)

They briefly did Frozen Love in 1975.

What was cool is they also did Jumpin’ At Shadows with Christine on vocals.

ETA: Stevie’s vocals could be hit or miss on the 1975 tour. Maybe she wanted fewer leads.

Macfan4life 10-23-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1270349)
They briefly did Frozen Love in 1975.

What was cool is they also did Jumpin’ At Shadows with Christine on vocals.

ETA: Stevie’s vocals could be hit or miss on the 1975 tour. Maybe she wanted fewer leads.

I just dont understand why during the big tours without Christine, they did not do Frozen Love or I Dont Want To Know or other Buck/Nicks tracks. It was the perfect time to do them since they were fronting the band.