The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Over My Head" appreciation thread... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24995)

Villavic 01-18-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
The rockin' version on Live kicks ass!:]

YES!!!
Isn't that intro the greatest!!???

aleuzzi 01-18-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
The rockin' version on Live kicks ass!:]

I agree. Though I love the lp version (which sounds amazing on a good stereo) the live version is so damn spirited with a good deal more kick.

aleuzzi 01-18-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD
To my ears, there's not a great bit of difference between Bob's playing on the song "Heroes Are Hard To Find" and Lindsey's on "Over My Head," save that Bob is playing an electric, and Lindsey is playing a Dobro on the main guitar part.

This is interesting! You're right, by gum. Hadn't thought of this before. You know, Bob's guitar playing is so underrated. He was/is a lot more versatile and innovative than he's given credit for. I always knew he could do jazzy, atmospheric stuff, but I listen with admiration to his assertive, well-executed guitar solos and fills on the 74 Sausalito show. He's playiing a wiide range of stuff on there and always with a mastery the critics usually reserve for Kirwan or Buckingham.

DavidMn 01-18-2006 06:34 PM

Brandon, you carry the Christine torch very well my friend. Great song!:)

Brwn_eyes0511 01-18-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi
I agree. Though I love the lp version (which sounds amazing on a good stereo) the live version is so damn spirited with a good deal more kick.

I actually LOVE the LP version...even more than I do the single version, which is quite different.

macfan 57 01-18-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyqm
What's the news on this, Brown Eyes? I hadn't heard about this before.

There is a Dance era interview where Christine is quoted as saying that she would have loved to have done "Just Crazy Love" on the Dance tour, but couldn't since they were only doing songs that were originally done by the Rumours line-up.

I think that's what Brown Eyes was referring to.:)

macfan 57 01-18-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I actually LOVE the LP version...even more than I do the single version, which is quite different.

Me too. Although I still like the single version, I prefer the White Album version.

Jyqm 01-18-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
There is a Dance era interview where Christine is quoted as saying that she would have loved to have done "Just Crazy Love" on the Dance tour, but couldn't since they were only doing songs that were originally done by the Rumours line-up.

Gahh, the stupid bastards.

I mean, "Just Crazy Love" is far from my favorite Chris song, but it's the principle of thing.

These people infuriate me. Why am I a fan of this band?

DavidMn 01-18-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Me too. Although I still like the single version, I prefer the White Album version.

I actually like the single version more. More up-tempo.:thumbsup:

chiliD 01-18-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

I think that's what Brown Eyes was referring to.:)

Which apparently is the reason they didn't do "Oh Well", too. (the bastards)

DavidMn 01-18-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD

Amen to that. I've never seen that song performed live.:distress:

SortaSavageLike 01-18-2006 07:43 PM

It's nice.

The single version is nicer. :p

Jyqm 01-18-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD

Also must have been the reason they decided to include "Stand Back." Man, I just love the original Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac recording of that song.

stevierocks87 01-18-2006 07:47 PM

I agree the Live album version is great, as well as the one from the Going Home doc. with Stevie trying her best to out-sing Chris during the chorus. One of Christine's best :) ~

:wavey: adam :wavey:

Brwn_eyes0511 01-18-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyqm
Also must have been the reason they decided to include "Stand Back." Man, I just love the original Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac recording of that song.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And why is it that they wouldn't "give" Chris that one song?

Lindsey got to do his damned "Go Insane" and Stevie got to do "Stand Back" (Cause no fan ever got to hear that live...:rolleyes: )...Yet poor Chris doesn't get anything. :(