The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Live Album Reissue (April 9, 2021) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59160)

bombaysaffires 06-25-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1267940)
Nice! They are on Spotify now too, and I expect other platforms. I agree, that One More Night demo is PERFECTION. I've been ignoring that song for years (just wrote it off into the same tepid ballad category at Never Make Me Cry) but her vocals on this are beautiful. Just re-listened to the full band version with fresh ears and have a new appreciation for it.

That Fireflies demo is... something. Interesting to hear them working it out, I suppose. Never realized how important the guitar/vocal harmonies were on that song until they were taken away. Wish they had included the duet version with more Lindsey somewhere on this set (on that note, it would have been cool if that song had more parts for all three vocalists, with it being about the whole band and everything)

and THAT gets to everything Lindsey has ever done for any of her songs. Her demos where it's just her playing piano are soooooo FLAT musically. He puts in lifts with guitar and/or vocal and breaks to make it more interesting. Sara is a superb example on Tusk. And if I've said it once I'll say it a thousand times, reallllllly listen to Storms...he adds so many subtle lifts and build ups to add momentum and multiple guitar layers and MULTIPLE keyboard layers from Christine. You THINK you're just listening to Stevie over his acoustic guitar, with some backing vocals sprinkled through the choruses...nope. There's a whole little orchestra of sounds and swells going on in there to give it momentum. Genius.

jbrownsjr 06-26-2021 08:00 AM

One More Night is beautiful in it's raw state. I've always thought it was one of her best vocals ever. However, the raw vocal on this is just simply beautiful. I love her trying to figure out the piano parts while she's singing it. What a talent Christine McVie is!!

Fireflies, I love the band version. Thank God Stevie has people help her flesh out music. this has never really been a favorite song of mine. But the full band is wonderful compared to the boring demo.

Macfan4life 06-26-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1267949)
One More Night is beautiful in it's raw state. I've always thought it was one of her best vocals ever. However, the raw vocal on this is just simply beautiful. I love her trying to figure out the piano parts while she's singing it. What a talent Christine McVie is!!

Fireflies, I love the band version. Thank God Stevie has people help her flesh out music. this has never really been a favorite song of mine. But the full band is wonderful compared to the boring demo.

Yes, the vocal is incredible. I LOVE anytime we hear her play like this. Her piano playing just pulls me in. I am still bitter Smile at you never made Mirage. Yes its a great Stevie vocal and song. However, Chris's piano is insane on the song. Her playing on Mirage was incredible and I miss music like this.

I like Fireflies but musically its pretty basic and repetitive (yawn). I still would ax both these songs and Farmers Daughter to add The Chain and Sisters on the album. As good as the Live album is, 2 of their best live songs from this era did not make the album. WTF?

UnwindedDreams 06-26-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1267950)
I am still bitter Smile at you never made Mirage. Yes its a great Stevie vocal and song. However, Chris's piano is insane on the song. Her playing on Mirage was incredible and I miss music like this.

I like Fireflies but musically its pretty basic and repetitive (yawn). I still would ax both these songs and Farmers Daughter to add The Chain and Sisters on the album. As good as the Live album is, 2 of their best live songs from this era did not make the album. WTF?

Smile at You demo is Chris playing piano?! I thought that was Stevie.
Wow. It's a tour de force!

Is Chris playing on this Fireflies demo?

Macfan4life 06-26-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267951)
Smile at You demo is Chris playing piano?! I thought that was Stevie.
Wow. It's a tour de force!

Is Chris playing on this Fireflies demo?

There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.

I have no idea about the Fireflies demo

jwd 06-26-2021 08:37 PM

Well, I'm glad they released the three cd set at a much more affordable price.

UnwindedDreams 06-27-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1267953)
There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.

I was thinking of the one on 2016 Mirage Deluxe. I think that's called Angry Version in Stevie Nicks fandom.

Macfan4life 06-27-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1267961)
I was thinking of the one on 2016 Mirage Deluxe. I think that's called Angry Version in Stevie Nicks fandom.

After another listen, it does sound like her style of playing. It sounds good but can hear the amateur in it. She is credited on the song for playing piano?

Now we know the reason it never made the album :lol:

jbrownsjr 06-27-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1267953)

I have no idea about the Fireflies demo

I know which version you mean. And yes, there is no way in hell that's Stevie on piano. hahahaha... Plus, you can tell by the style it's very distinctively Christine McVie.

vivfox 07-03-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1267938)
One More Lonely Night. Christine's voice is so crystal clear. Stunning. The rightful STAR of FM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI
Good demo. MUCH better than the boring released version. I might even listen to this a second time.

Fireflies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdOzAm78gM

Boring demo. Flat and terrible vocal. I used to love Stevie's demos so much more than the recorded versions. I never want to hear this demo again. However the Fireflies demo with Lindsey singing on it is pretty good but I haven't listened to it in 2 years.

ricohv 07-03-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1268014)
Boring demo. Flat and terrible vocal. I used to love Stevie's demos so much more than the recorded versions. I never want to hear this demo again. However the Fireflies demo with Lindsey singing on it is pretty good but I haven't listened to it in 2 years.

I agree. That was lackluster, to say the least!

David 07-05-2021 01:38 PM

Are these new demos part of the three-CD release? I don’t see them on the track list.

Andyleo 07-05-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1268032)
Are these new demos part of the three-CD release? I don’t see them on the track list.

No, these are on the bonus 7" vinyl that only comes with the Deluxe box.

HomerMcvie 07-05-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyleo (Post 1268034)
No, these are on the bonus 7" vinyl that only comes with the Deluxe box.

Marketing by WEASELS. FM's trademark.