The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Destiny Rules documentary (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59791)

jbrownsjr 01-05-2023 05:40 PM

Soap opera, yes!! But getting back to the documentary (soap). We can see the plot moving forward. I'm not saying it was planned at all to get rid of LB. back in 1998-2002. But, you sure can see the genesis in this documentary.

The good news for Christine and Lindsey: They could still play and create without her. And they were very wealthy. The bad news was, it hurt the final chapter in my opinion.

UnwindedDreams 01-05-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1280721)
Not a big deal, but just to be clear, because I was the one who posted that full interview with Christine here after she passed away, the interview in question was about Stevie. In the original, published Rolling Stone article, the writer only included questions and answers to and from Christine that were about Stevie, because that was what the article was about. After ChristineÂ’s death, the writer posted the entire interview with Christine, which included questions and answers not specifically about Stevie. It is a great read, and IÂ’m thankful he posted the full interview because Christine shared some really interesting answers.

I just wanted to make sure there wasnÂ’t confusion, since I was the one who posted it here.

For sure, you're right. When I first read the article in 2015, it seemed like they got a few comments from Chris on Stevie. Then it was an actual interview with other subjects touched on. Of course, they wouldn't include Chris saying she thinks Lindsey had a marvelous career in that 2015 piece LOL!

bwboy 01-05-2023 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1280758)
Team Fleetwood Mac yet complacent with what took place in 2017/2018? That's always a head scratcher for me.

I don’t know how old you are, so I don’t know if you were a FM fan back in 1987 when Lindsey left, but the similarities for me are striking. Pre-internet, we had to wait for scraps of information about the tour, who was going to replace him, what would the setlist be, etc. not being able to read concert reviews until they came to your city. Nothing like today. Anyway, I remember thinking “if only Lindsey could stick it out for the tour… just a few months.” But he didn’t. Did I hate him for breaking the chain? Nope. He was an adult and he had every right to leave. I still bought his solo albums.

To me, this is so similar to what happened then. You don’t have to try to convince me I’m wrong, and likewise I won’t try to convince you you’re wrong. I think that’s what’s been happening here, at least on my part, unintentionally. But when I see what totally looks like a double standard thing happening, for example calling Stevie out on something that Lindsey also did, I feel the urge to play devil’s advocate and say “oh really.” I probably shouldn’t do it but if haters gonna hate, at least be consistent LOL!

UnwindedDreams 01-05-2023 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1280763)
Furthermore, I also got to see Lindsey solo, so I still got to hear “Big Love,” “Tusk,” and ISA, as well as a few deep cuts that I never thought I’d get to see, especially “I Must Go.”

And some premium lip synching!:laugh:

jbrownsjr 01-05-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1280769)
And some premium lip synching!:laugh:

And premium guitar tracks!

DownOnRodeo 01-05-2023 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1280760)
Does anyone remember these humble 90's quotes from Stevie i.e.
“Your graciousness is what carries you. It isn't how old you are, how beautiful you are, or how short your skirt is. What it is, is what comes out of your heart. If you are gracious, you have won the game.”

It's all so extra hilarious now.

The second half of that quote speaks the bigger truth about her.

BigAl84 01-05-2023 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1280768)
I don’t know how old you are, so I don’t know if you were a FM fan back in 1987 when Lindsey left, but the similarities for me are striking. Pre-internet, we had to wait for scraps of information about the tour, who was going to replace him, what would the setlist be, etc. not being able to read concert reviews until they came to your city. Nothing like today. Anyway, I remember thinking “if only Lindsey could stick it out for the tour… just a few months.” But he didn’t. Did I hate him for breaking the chain? Nope. He was an adult and he had every right to leave. I still bought his solo albums.

To me, this is so similar to what happened then. You don’t have to try to convince me I’m wrong, and likewise I won’t try to convince you you’re wrong. I think that’s what’s been happening here, at least on my part, unintentionally. But when I see what totally looks like a double standard thing happening, for example calling Stevie out on something that Lindsey also did, I feel the urge to play devil’s advocate and say “oh really.” I probably shouldn’t do it but if haters gonna hate, at least be consistent LOL!

How on earth is the ‘87 scenario similar to ‘18. He left by his own decision in ‘87. In 2018 Stevie worked with Irving Azoff to push him out of the band. There’s no double standard here. Lindsey didn’t have Stevie kicked out of the band in 1987 nor did Stevie try to do the same in ‘87. He left on his own. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

In terms of “breaking the chain”, Lindsey to my knowledge never made public comments about “never sharing the stage with Stevie ever again” between 87-97. Stevie made it very clear in 2018 that she was burning her bridges and never wanted to perform with Lindsey again. On the flip side, when Lindsey was asked by CBS if he would ever consider working with Fleetwood Mac his response was “of course” He also never refused to work on a Fleetwood Mac album during the periods in which he was a member. Stevie has actively blocked a new album since 2010. Fast forward to 2019 when Mike Campbell sent her tracks, he claims he received radio silence.

It’s not at all about convincing - there’s actually a lot of documentation around what actually happened and didn’t happen. There’s not a lot of speculation or grey areas here. It’s very clearly outlined who threw the final darts in 2018.

BigAl84 01-05-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1280775)
The second half of that quote speaks the bigger truth about her.

Please do elaborate!

elle 01-05-2023 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1280776)
It’s not at all about convincing - there’s actually a lot of documentation around what actually happened and didn’t happen. There’s not a lot of speculation or grey areas here. It’s very clearly outlined who threw the final darts in 2018.

right.

also, not sure why some people think that others are trying to convince them. or why others try to convince people who know way more than them. and then some seem to think that people hate one or the other person just because they state some facts or put things in the perspective. no reason to call anyone haters, whiners or whatever condescending terms.

some people know the facts, others actually have some backstage information, and simply share the information instead of the made up or misleading stuff. that's all.

SteveMacD 01-05-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1280776)
How on earth is the ‘87 scenario similar to ‘18. He left by his own decision in ‘87. In 2018 Stevie worked with Irving Azoff to push him out of the band.

The exact similarity is that one party felt they needed to get away from the other.

BigAl84 01-05-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1280779)
The exact similarity is that one party felt they needed to get away from the other.

And the execution of that leave is entirely different. Leaving vs. using your management to force somebody out of the band. Two completely different moves that had different implications to the rest of the band.

BigAl84 01-05-2023 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1280778)
right.

also, not sure why some people think that others are trying to convince them. or why others try to convince people who know way more than them. and then some seem to think that people hate one or the other person just because they state some facts or put things in the perspective. no reason to call anyone haters, whiners or whatever condescending terms.

some people know the facts, others actually have some backstage information, and simply share the information instead of the made up or misleading stuff. that's all.

Completely agree. Fans who have been paying attention to what’s been going on leading up to 2018 and beyond get labeled as “hating” The reality is we’ve paid attention to a decade long period of BS. Not to mention we watched other members of the band go silent while Mick Fleetwood led the most dishonest PR campaign of his career, only to kiss Lindsey’s a$$ two years later.

UnwindedDreams 01-05-2023 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1280741)
This isn't a dig at Stevie, but Tina should of been inducted first. It's mind boggling that she wasn't. Tina was part of the Ike and Tina Review, but also had her own solo career.

Okay, this might be a partial dig...I think this is proof of how Stevie's solo career has perhaps (dare I say!!) been over inflated in the past 10-15 years or so. The inflated cult status got her into the HOF before Tina. The prolific songwriter that has been dormant (of writing new material) since 1999....

Tina opened the door for Stevie's solo career. Many people in the Black Community do not feel that Stevie is the Queen of Rock.
Calling Stevie the Queen of Rock is white washing music history.

BigAl84 01-05-2023 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1280782)
Tina opened the door for Stevie's solo career. Many people in the Black Community do not feel that Stevie is the Queen of Rock.
Calling Stevie the Queen of Rock is white washing music history.

Right! It’s also absurd that Rosetta Tharpe wasn’t inducted until 2018.

SteveMacD 01-05-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1280780)
And the execution of that leave is entirely different. Leaving vs. using your management to force somebody out of the band. Two completely different moves that had different implications to the rest of the band.

Yes. Lindsey left the band 56 days before opening night. Stevie said she couldn’t work with Lindsey anymore and Mick and Irving scrambled to keep her in the band after asking promoters which one they’d rather have in the group.

Incidentally, Irving was Lindsey’s manager, not Stevie’s.