The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The AMERICAN IDOL Thread. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17729)

Nixxxed 02-21-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Constantine sucks.
Mario looks like Fes from That 70's Show.

Whatevah.

Thank you! Ever since the tryouts, every time they showed Mario I thought to myself, "WHO does he look like?" The funny thing? That '70s Show reruns come on right before Idol here, and I still didn't figure it out... :rolleyes: (And he seriously needs to lose the hat. But his performance was most fun of the night.)

And ... Scott Savol? ... scares me.

And how many Stevie Wonders songs were there tonight? 3? sheesh.

dissention 02-21-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed

That's why I've lost interest in the show, the music is atrocious. I hate hearing men sing ballads, especially twentysomething punks. :laugh:

Nixxxed 02-21-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa1769
I've watched American Idol since day one, I too think it will be the best season.

I was doing this -----> :blob1: :blob1: when Bo sang Drift Away. That's one of my all time favorite tunes.

Yes, Bo was great! I can't wait to hear what he does with a more rockin song.

I *want* to like Constantine, but just not sure I do yet.

And did Anway have half of his goldish leather jacket tucked in, or was it cut that way? (And I wonder what Joan Rivers would have to say about it. ;) :D )

amber 02-21-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
That's why I've lost interest in the show, the music is atrocious. I hate hearing men sing ballads, especially twentysomething punks. :laugh:

I concur. I'm usually all *shudder* at the songs they choose. And then most of them oversing the song really bad. So far, this round has been pretty good.

EnchantedSLN 02-21-2005 11:31 PM

LOVED Bo & 'Drift Away'. Constantine is cute, but he can't sing. I was actually surprised he even got this far. Did anyone see the commercial for the "new special" Celebrities Without Makeup? It looks so trashy, but I'm totally watching :laugh:.

amber 02-21-2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN
LOVED Bo & 'Drift Away'. Constantine is cute, but he can't sing. I was actually surprised he even got this far. Did anyone see the commercial for the "new special" Celebrities Without Makeup? It looks so trashy, but I'm totally watching :laugh:.

I just saw that, I was appalled, yet strangely drawn. :laugh: But on the commercial they definitely showed the "older ladies" for the most part. I was thinking half of them might not look so horrific if they hadn't had all the plastic surger. :rolleyes: I thought Constantine sounded ok. This dredlock guy who is on right now - I hate that song, it's sooooooooo boring :mad:

WildInTheWind 02-21-2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Why? :lol:

He's not the best, but he will make it at least until next week. He is not top 12 material.

I don't know why...I just like him for some reason. Always have...

Lisa1769 02-22-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
I don't know why...I just like him for some reason. Always have...

Maybe it's his badboy persona.... I like badboys..... :laugh:

Lisa1769 02-22-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention

I love man that can belt out a ballad.

I loooved Scotts ballad the best tonight. Made me tingley and my nipples hard...... :woohoo:

dissention 02-22-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa1769
I love man that can belt out a ballad.

I loooved Scotts ballad the best tonight. Made me tingley and my nipples hard...... :woohoo:

:lol:

Many things make my nipples get hard, but hearing a man screech and moan over his lover or his "baby" does nothing to get them erect. :laugh:

Kelly 02-22-2005 06:30 AM

Constantine

I have a mad crush on Constantine. He picked a difficult song and Bo did sound better last night.
I was so not a fan of that Elvis impersonator!

ontheEdgeof17 02-22-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed

And ... Scott Savol? ... scares me.

Scott looks like a carnivore. Everytime I picture him I see arm flesh in his mouth, dripping with blood.

...and yes, cool it with the Stevie Wonder. I'm sick of it.

Sorceress 02-22-2005 09:29 AM

Well, I think I'm going to have to retool my top 6 guys list after last night. Overall, I agree that this is the best group of guys they've ever had. Even the bad ones were not SO bad. No one was embarrassing, anyway.

Based on last night, I think Judd can go, Travis can go, David can go, and even Anthony can go. (That's 3 of the 6 I originally like best, though mostly because I thought Travis and Judd had nice smiles and Anthony reminds me of a cuter Clay.) Nikko can go too. Both he and Mario need to lose their hats if I'm ever going to vote for them. I didn't enjoy Mario's performance at all...I couldn't believe the judges loved it so much.

As for the best of last night, I liked Anwar (for choosing something not Stevie Wonder), Bo (for his voice), Constantine (for his song selection, even though he was a little "pitchy" :laugh:), and Scott (because I love his voice even though he is hard to watch).

I can't wait to see tonight to find out how wrong I was about the girls. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm going to be watching the Stafs without their makeup too--those are the articles in the super market tabloids that always make me page through them frantically to see before it's my turn at the checkout!

skcin 02-22-2005 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Oh. I don't like that as much. I'm not sure I love the new format.

Don't worry, Amby. It's only like this for 3 weeks, then it's back to the usual. :wavey:

I agree - the ballads have to go. *YAWN*

And Nikko - Part Time Lover? Out of all the Stevie Wonder tunes out there, you pick Part Time Lover? Good God.

Anyway, I really like Scott, despite the serial killer look. Anwar did well - but wtf was up with that jacket? It was quite distracting. I thought Mario & Bo's performances were the best. I like Constantine, but I thought he sucked last night. I was disappointed in Fedorov too, he seemed out of tune at times.

I have to agree, though - definitely the best bunch so far! :nod:

Livia 02-22-2005 10:40 AM

I don't know all their names yet! The dread guy is my favorite, although his song choice last nite was lame. And despite the last guy looking like Fez, I like him too.

Constantine doesn't do anything for me yet - he has good stage presence, but I agreed w/ the judges' comments on his singing.