The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Album cover & track list for Christine's new CD (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14006)

macfan 57 04-30-2004 04:30 PM

See now, it really is Christine on that cover, not some imposter. :laugh: That cover up close looks great, too, by the way. Well, if a Buckingham/Nicks fanatic likes the album, I imagine I'll LOVE it.

jbrownsjr 04-30-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Now see, THAT'S Christine McVie!!! :D
And she looks so cute there.

Oh, and might I add that I'm beyond jealous that you've already heard the album, Sharon!

You better check your glasses Johnny! What do you think Dissention, should we let him off the hook! :]

glitter_fades 04-30-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Now see, THAT'S Christine McVie!!! :D
And she looks so cute there.

In that close-up I have to admit, I see her in there, around the eyes, but the rest looks like a wayward refugee from The Swan. I hope I'm wrong and it's only an airbrush and not the scalpel to blame. I always thought Chris was just as good looking as Stevie despite a few years in age, but I never liked her makeup. Her eyes have always been done wrong and I've never liked the hair down in the eyes either. Now she's gone back to the sheep dog thing. Her makeup and hair for the Dance were done well. She looked youthful but still within her age range. I'd even like to see her without much make up, more natural, but for females on record covers I guess that's impossible. The new cover is of a woman they are trying to make look 30 who everyone knows is well beyond that age range. It doesn't work for me.

MACFAN 04-30-2004 09:20 PM

Please please Dont get me wrong I love Christine but when I showed a friend of mine this cover he asked if she went on "the Swan".......

Faith 04-30-2004 11:07 PM

Sharon, how did you manage to snag a copy? That's awsome. :)

EnchantedSLN 04-30-2004 11:24 PM

That looks much more recognizeable as Chris! Thanks so much for the larger scan, Sharon. I can't wait to hear this.

Cristian 04-30-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
I really like this new album from Christine.
:)

What a way to make my first post in the Christine Forum! :D I was expecting the first review of this, but not this soon! I'm very glad you liked it, and I can't wait for having it myself. :)

See people, that was Christine. :p

Song of the moment - If Anyone Falls

face of glass 05-01-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

lol! Yeah, I know it's not fair that I managed to blag a copy. I even surprised myself there.

If you've heard it then I assume that some other UK fans have heard it already too. ;)

Not that I had any worries about the quality control on the album but now it seems like I will love this even more than expected. :blob2:

GypsySorcerer 05-01-2004 10:04 AM

YES, that looks like Chris! I think she looks nice in the photo. So what if it's airbrushed and/or she's had some work done? There is so much pressure on women in the entertainment industry to look good....40 is considered old.

I'm really happy for her. Long live Christine! :nod:

jwd 05-01-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

trackaghost:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol! Yeah, I know it's not fair that I managed to blag a copy. I even surprised myself there.

It's true I'm a Buckingham Nicks gal, but I really like this new album from Christine.

Like Rumours, it's a total break-up album, so fittingly Ken Caillat is one of the producers, along with Chris herself and her nephew Dan Perfect.

There's plenty of the Chris of old on the album, and rather surprisingly there's not a huge amount of keyboards on there, rather layers of guitar (not that it's guitar heavy or anything, it's definitely a pop album).

The album is a mixture of funkier numbers such as the groovy Bad Journey or the vitriolic Liar, and breezy laid back pop numbers such as You Are (which almost sounds like classic Mac) and the heartbreaking Calumny.

Just think, if I reckon it's good then you Chris fans out there, will love it!
Of course I miss Lindsey's guitar, the irreplaceable Mac rhythm section and the harmonies (although there are plenty on the album) but Chris' voice is stronger than ever and there are certainly songs to love on the album.

Glad you're enjoying the new music from Chris, even though it is a little earlier than the rest of us. :)

I was wondering if you could please give me(us) a little information on other musicians playing on the record. Any Steve Winwoods or Eric Claptons by chance, or is this more of an obscure lineup of players?

Thanks in advance.

face of glass 05-01-2004 12:17 PM

Forgot to add these earlier but here they are. Sharon has a more detailed description of the album in this thread at the FleetwoodMac-UK.com board:

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/cgi-b...num=1083250780

And Neil's site has the press release for the album too:

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/album.../meantime.html

jwd 05-01-2004 12:37 PM

Gaius(face of glass), thanks SO MUCH for posting those links. Very insightful. Sharon(trackaghost), I loved your song by song description/opinion of the album.

"3. Northern Star:
Chris slows things down with this sweet laid back tune. "I've been taken down and I rose right back again, And I want to say just how much I love you for the child you are, you're my northern star." The keyboards are in there in place of a guitar solo! yay!" :nod:

"4. Bad Journey:
Another funky number in the style of Anything Is Possible. Sounds like it might be Dan Perfect singing the chorus, quite simply the words "bad journey". This one seems like it really is about the break up of her marriage. "I saw the cracks appear, on your loving face." :(

GOD, I MISS HER, and am SO looking forward to this record.

:wavey:

GardenStateGirlie 05-02-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

It's true I'm a Buckingham Nicks gal, but I really like this new album from Christine.

Like Rumours, it's a total break-up album, so fittingly Ken Caillat is one of the producers, along with Chris herself and her nephew Dan Perfect.

There's plenty of the Chris of old on the album, and rather surprisingly there's not a huge amount of keyboards on there, rather layers of guitar (not that it's guitar heavy or anything, it's definitely a pop album).

The album is a mixture of funkier numbers such as the groovy Bad Journey or the vitriolic Liar, and breezy laid back pop numbers such as You Are (which almost sounds like classic Mac) and the heartbreaking Calumny.

Just think, if I reckon it's good then you Chris fans out there, will love it!
Of course I miss Lindsey's guitar, the irreplaceable Mac rhythm section and the harmonies (although there are plenty on the album) but Chris' voice is stronger than ever and there are certainly songs to love on the album.
:)

I really CANNOT wait to hear this...i'm glad Chris is back and it's awesome to hear she's stronger than ever on her vocals :nod:

iamstevienicks 05-03-2004 04:44 AM

Its getting so exciting cant freakin wait for this!!!

Cammie 05-05-2004 02:49 PM

Christine's New Album!!!

:blob1:Congratulations to Christine!!! :) Lovely Album Cover!!!:blob1:
You look very Pretty!The titles sound Great! Glad Your Back! Sky;)