The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood mac WILL record new album says stevie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55766)

Montclare 01-02-2016 02:05 PM

For a future tour for me, I'd want a couple of brand new songs mixed in with the greatest hits, but would especially like to see more deep cuts. I'd really love to see Angel, The Ledge, Brown Eyes, IDWTK, etc.

dawn_amanda 01-02-2016 03:08 PM

I would wait to hear these new songs before deciding how many or few we want to see live! They could be amazing! :thumbsup:

elle 01-02-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn_amanda (Post 1177074)
I would wait to hear these new songs before deciding how many or few we want to see live! They could be amazing! :thumbsup:

yup - Sad Angel was a highlight of 2013 tour and made it so much less stale! and many reviews commented how surprisingly everyone upfront knew all the words and sang the whole completely new - and at first even unreleased - song with the band.

that said, when did the thread about the possibility of the new album become yet another discussion about who wants to hear what songs on tour?? :rolleyes:

if they are supporting new album, FM usually play about 6 new songs.
if you don't want to hear new songs just same ole hits, don't go - you had last 20-40 years of tours and countless DVDs with all those same songs instead.

Macfan4life 01-02-2016 05:28 PM

Of course I would love to hear new material. But I rather hear the songs they rarely do live or never did live before on older albums. I know that wont happen. Most of us on this board are true fans that appreciate those songs. But sadly most people in the concert hall run to the bathroom during the best songs live. I would love to hear old Christine songs (pre-Stevie and Lindsey) live but I know that is not going to happen :(

MikeVielhaber 01-02-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1177076)
yup - Sad Angel was a highlight of 2013 tour and made it so much less stale! and many reviews commented how surprisingly everyone upfront knew all the words and sang the whole completely new - and at first even unreleased - song with the band.

that said, when did the thread about the possibility of the new album become yet another discussion about who wants to hear what songs on tour?? :rolleyes:

if you don't want to hear new songs just same ole hits, don't go - you had last 20-40 years of tours and countless DVDs with all those same songs instead.

Yes, I've skipped concerts from bands I enjoy for lack of change in the set list from previous tours. I like hearing new stuff, provided the new stuff is good, but I don't have concern that these guys will have enough good enough material to play live.

BLY 01-02-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1177076)

That's what was so great about the Say You Will Tour. All those new songs that were played.I'm glad that the " Greatest hits Tour" is out of the way......... it's time for a tour to promote a new album.

michelej1 01-02-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1177061)
I'm interested to see what Fleetwood Mac could come up with these days. I just would rather not ever see any of their new songs live. If I pay $400-$500 a ticket for floor seats, I want all 20+ songs on the set list to be songs that I love and can sing along to.

Unless the album comes out after the tour has started (which absurdly happened with Lindsey's tour), you'll have ample time to learn the new songs, love them and sing along to them.

Michele

BLY 01-03-2016 11:12 AM

Double Album

I was thinking about all the songs that Lindsey and Christine have already recorded and whatever Stevie will be contributing I'm really expecting a 21 track release. I hope its sequenced like Tusk. I love the way it was done. You have a nice balance to start the album of all three singers. Then it's Heavy with Lindsey and Stevie tunes and then after nine tracks Christine returns and then the album closes with the same kind of balance it opened with.

aleuzzi 01-03-2016 04:27 PM

If they go out on tour again without an album of new songs (or at least an EP) I will swear off them for good.

shackin'up 01-03-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1177109)
If they go out on tour again without an album of new songs (or at least an EP) I will swear off them for good.

No you won't. Too late. Same for me. We are going to suffer with them until it is over.

jbrownsjr 01-03-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1177112)
No you won't. Too late. Same for me. We are going to suffer with them until it is over.

And they will open with When I See You Again. And you'll have to sit throught it. :shocked:

Macfanforever 01-03-2016 07:33 PM

I say it again.I could care less if they record or not.I'm not going to condemn the band for their doings. Who said it was mandatory to put out a album.I look at it as a bonus. I would love another fresh new album like all of us want but get over it if they dont.

HomerMcvie 01-03-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1177112)

The soundtrack of our lives...

Even if it's stuck on repeat!

lilyfee 01-04-2016 02:39 AM

I would hope that the set list would at least change, with or without a new album!

secret love 01-04-2016 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1177120)
I would hope that the set list would at least change, with or without a new album!

It says on the band's website in the Events section "There is nothing to display yet, check back soon" which makes me think there is a looming announcement of more tour dates.

I hope to hear a lot more from the band about their plans for 2016. Sadly there hasn't been any notable Fleetwood Mac news since the interview with Stevie which was at least a fortnight ago.

I guess all five of them are relaxing and recuperating after their world tour. I wonder if Stevie has been writing new songs on her piano, maybe in that house she bought and spent just two days in last year.