The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

kenzo 12-22-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 928992)
I was in TGI Fridays today with my mum, and they played Black Magic Woman. Very cool, and weird, to hear a pre-Buckingham-Nicks Fleetwood Mac song whilst out and about.

It was actually Fleetwood Mac and not the Santana cover? That is rare.

TerraRhiannon 12-22-2010 10:06 PM

Today I heard on the radio ...they said
"Playing all of Steve Miller's Greatest Hits, and Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits....they cranked out the album Rumours in the 70's, giving us one of the best selling albums of all time. EVERY SONG WAS A MASTERPIECE."
& yes they did say it as loud as I typed it. :laugh:
It made me smile, there's something special about hearing your favorite songs on the radio, you can put them on any old time on your iPod or music Library, but hearing them on the radio is different, more unexpected of course. :thumbsup:

Sahara 12-23-2010 10:40 AM

I found a book on the history of the electric guitar in a bookshop last week. I flicked to the Turner page and found a full page Unleashed photo of Lindsey playing his Model 1! :)

bluefox4000 12-23-2010 11:20 AM

I had a dream last night that randomly featured Silver Heels. Yea I don't know either:shrug:

Mick

cristochango 12-23-2010 02:48 PM

Never Going Back Again on the radio today :)

LiamMcConville 12-23-2010 04:34 PM

"dreams" within the first half hour of "Eat, Pray, Love". :shrug:

Artemis 12-27-2010 10:12 PM

Do the BBC own Fleetwood Mac, or does Christine McVie have dirt on an executive? Watching the most annoying people of 2010, and so far, I've heard Little Lies, and oddly enough, Save Me in the background. Quite surprising to hear Save Me. :laugh:

ButterCookie 12-28-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 929841)
Do the BBC own Fleetwood Mac, or does Christine McVie have dirt on an executive? Watching the most annoying people of 2010, and so far, I've heard Little Lies, and oddly enough, Save Me in the background. Quite surprising to hear Save Me. :laugh:

Mick sold them all coke and threatened to snitch if they didn't keep making him money :eek:

tilthefirefades 12-28-2010 06:47 PM

I was in Bath & Body Works today stocking up on my Exotic Coconut and Country Apple when I hear this drum beat playing. It was packed so I didn't know for sure, then I heard Bob Welch's smooth vocals, they actually played Hypnotized!!!

Amlyn 12-28-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 929976)
I was in Bath & Body Works today stocking up on my Exotic Coconut and Country Apple when I hear this drum beat playing. It was packed so I didn't know for sure, then I heard Bob Welch's smooth vocals, they actually played Hypnotized!!!

Ahhh..I too hit up the Bath & Body Works sale today! Exotic Coconut for me as well. When i walked back out into the mall Hold Me was piping in over the speakers. Just wasn't expecting that, but I surely enjoyed it and it got me down to the Body Shop where i bought more stuff.

tilthefirefades 12-28-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amlyn (Post 930000)
Ahhh..I too hit up the Bath & Body Works sale today! Exotic Coconut for me as well. When i walked back out into the mall Hold Me was piping in over the speakers. Just wasn't expecting that, but I surely enjoyed it and it got me down to the Body Shop where i bought more stuff.

That sale was magnificent!! You can't beat $3 body wash, because imo, B&BW is the best out there.

Amlyn 12-28-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 930008)
That sale was magnificent!! You can't beat $3 body wash, because imo, B&BW is the best out there.

I know! I live for this sale this time of year every year. I stock up! I love the Bigelow stuff so I hope they drag that out soon.

Although I have to admit, Body Shop had the poofy sponge things for $1! That's unheard of, especially in that store. I used to work there..they never have anything under $5. But back to the BBW sale, I can't wait for the next round of sales. Bring on the 75% off!

tilthefirefades 12-28-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amlyn (Post 930011)
I know! I live for this sale this time of year every year. I stock up! I love the Bigelow stuff so I hope they drag that out soon.

Although I have to admit, Body Shop had the poofy sponge things for $1! That's unheard of, especially in that store. I used to work there..they never have anything under $5. But back to the BBW sale, I can't wait for the next round of sales. Bring on the 75% off!

Never been to Body Shop! Did you see the new tropical scents? Yet another coconut coming out in January :D

Amlyn 12-28-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 930012)
Never been to Body Shop! Did you see the new tropical scents? Yet another coconut coming out in January :D

Yeah i saw something with tropical names, Fiji or something. Makes me wish i was on a beach somewhere instead of living in 2 feet of snow!

cristochango 12-30-2010 08:10 PM

I know that this is Christine McVie,

But I heard Got a Hold on Me last night in Applebee's with some friends :D