The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey interview;Stevie and Azoff finally speak (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59328)

HomerMcvie 09-10-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1269459)
Haha.

In all honesty I do not have any shrines...just had a conversation with friends the other day that I actually do not have any physical music anymore...got rid of everything when I moved to NYC 15 years ago. All digital now, same with tv and film. I never have been into memorabilia other than getting one t-shirt per concert.

But the closest thing to a shrine I have are my books...I guess I have an Agatha Christie shrine with all of her novels and story collections...while I made the digital transition for music, I am too attached to physical books so only do ebook when I have to.

:shrug:

I'm in the process of ~most likely~ moving, and I've reached the closet where all that memorabilia lives. I've got folders of every FM article I could ever clip. Posters. A Tusk tour book. I can never throw that sh*t away...

StevieandChris 09-10-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269461)
I'm in the process of ~most likely~ moving, and I've reached the closet where all that memorabilia lives. I've got folders of every FM article I could ever clip. Posters. A Tusk tour book. I can never throw that sh*t away...

It's SO difficult. Good luck with the move. In June I gave away ten books by another favorite author and felt good about it but then last week I bought ALL of them again. Oy.

bombaysaffires 09-10-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1269462)
It's SO difficult. Good luck with the move. In June I gave away ten books by another favorite author and felt good about it but then last week I bought ALL of them again. Oy.

Ugh. I have done this same thing.

HomerMcvie 09-10-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1269462)

Too many here would revel in the horrible luck I've experienced this past summer, so I won't share that(the reason I'm moving)...BUT, Facebook Marketplace is the bomb! I've sold $6800 worth of CRAP in the past month. I list a dozen things a day, and my phone blows up(which drives me crazy), but I'll sell half of the sh*t I put on there.

button-lip 09-10-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1269437)
Lindsey fans are equally in a cult. You are proving my point. Everything you say about Stevie fans like can be applied to yourself.

Where did I prove my point? Did I say something to support him in my last post? The man has many flaws and I don’t deny them.
But Stevie.... nah, he “must have done something” for her to ask his firing. :rolleyes:

Please, there’s an ocean between both fandoms. We don’t go around smelling Lindsey’s farts and asking to be touched by his magic wand...

jbrownsjr 09-10-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1269459)
Haha.

In all honesty I do not have any shrines...just had a conversation with friends the other day that I actually do not have any physical music anymore...got rid of everything when I moved to NYC 15 years ago. All digital now, same with tv and film. I never have been into memorabilia other than getting one t-shirt per concert.

But the closest thing to a shrine I have are my books...I guess I have an Agatha Christie shrine with all of her novels and story collections...while I made the digital transition for music, I am too attached to physical books so only do ebook when I have to.

:shrug:

I used to have Stevie and Farah Faucet on my wall. Then Christine from her 1984 album. There were clues that I was gay. Somehow nobody noticed until I came out. :laugh:

Macfan4life 09-10-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269434)
Yes. She did mean it was about money. The truth is, I think she probably said other things to Lindsey. I’m not sure that I trust his version of what she said. He can be flip. He may have stripped her words down to the essentials or his interpretation of them. Lindsey is, um, telling the truth but telling it in a way to get a reaction. I am with him, but I am also concerned about media backlash.

I wish I was younger for Lindsey, then I would defend him on social media. As a teenager I would type weekly letters to the soap opera magazines and mail them at the actual post office to praise Jack Wagner or denounce General Hospital because I did not like the way Jack was used. I think Lindsey could use more fan voices on Twitter or Facebook, but I am too tired and I don’t have the energy. Life gets in the way. I want to support him, but I want to lie in bed and watch Hulu more.

I guess I am dense or wanted to see Chris in the best light in hoping the house purchase kept her so occupied that she had no time to stand up for Lindsey. But now I understand the context. I guess Chris is as bad as Mick in "needing" $tevie.

Foolish me :(

It sort of reminds me of those lottery stories about office pools. One worker plays for years and one week forgets to give his money for the tickets. The group says of course they will split the winnings and they can pay after the drawing. The ticket wins and suddenly all that money makes greed take over and soon they all change their minds and say...... you did not pay this week so you are out. Forget about what we said last week.

BigAl84 09-10-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1269453)
And bless you, dear.

Mrs. Doubtfire is that you!?

HomerMcvie 09-10-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1269469)
I guess I am dense or wanted to see Chris in the best light in hoping the house purchase kept her so occupied that she had no time to stand up for Lindsey. But now I understand the context. I guess Chris is as bad as Mick in "needing" $tevie.

Foolish me :(

It sort of reminds me of those lottery stories about office pools. One worker plays for years and one week forgets to give his money for the tickets. The group says of course they will split the winnings and they can pay after the drawing. The ticket wins and suddenly all that money makes greed take over and soon they all change their minds and say...... you did not pay this week so you are out. Forget about what we said last week.

I gave up seeing Chris in ANY good light when I found out that she was the one who kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF.

When she threw Lindsey under the bus that cemented what I'd already decided.

michelej1 09-10-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269454)
Speaking of $tevie $hrines.....:laugh:

I do not have any shrines right now, although I just bought the special Cher edition of People magazine at the store 10 minutes ago, so …

But my shrines have been:

Sonny and Cher
The Jackson’s
Jack Wagner
Fleetwood Mac
X-Files

Clippings. Merchandise, Concerts, Psychotic behavior. I once cried for 4 hours on the phone to a Miami University (in Ohio) psychologist who was writing some thesis on soaps and she sought me out due to my posts on Prodigy. I was terribly upset about the way Frisco Jones was written off of General Hospital. :laugh:

The X-Files can still make me cry — but not hysterically for four hours.

UnwindedDreams 09-10-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269477)
I do not have any shrines right now, although I just bought the special Cher edition of People magazine at the store 10 minutes ago, so …

But my shrines have been:

Sonny and Cher

Cher's working on a biopic. I don't think she was happy with The Cher Show.
I look forward to her return to Vegas and I guess she won't do a 2nd ABBA record now that they're back.

BombaySapphire3 09-10-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1269479)
Cher's working on a biopic. I don't think she was happy with The Cher Show.
I look forward to her return to Vegas and I guess she won't do a 2nd ABBA record now that they're back.

That would be good news.I like Cher as a person but she needs to leave the peerless ABBA alone.

HomerMcvie 09-10-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269477)

The X-Files can still make me cry — but not hysterically for four hours.

So you were a Scully and Mulder shipper?

See, I LOVED The X-Files, but loathe their unrequited love. I've ALWAYS felt the same way about Lindsey and Old Goat's Her Name. I couldn't care less. I never was much on fairy tales.

When Lindsey would hold hands and kiss Stevie, I thought it was so completely disrespectful to his wife. I don't care how many millions he makes by doing it. IT'S WRONG.

michelej1 09-11-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269454)
Speaking of $tevie $hrines.....:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269483)
So you were a Scully and Mulder shipper?

See, I LOVED The X-Files, but loathe their unrequited love.

Unrequited?? Don’t even start with me. Yes I support the MSR with all my soul.

And I was also a Stevie and Lindsey shipper.

HomerMcvie 09-11-2021 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269486)
Unrequited?? Don’t even start with me. Yes I support the MSR with all my soul.

And I was also a Stevie and Lindsey shipper.

I lack the estrogen, apparently....le sigh...:laugh::wavey:

I really am practical to a fault. If it doesn't add up on paper, I walk...

"I never did belieee eeeve in miracles...."