The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Something going on ?? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59361)

Macfan4life 11-03-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1270576)
I would love a tribute concert for Bob Welch, but I don’t think Christine would participate, which would be really unfortunate since she was such an important part of that lineup. Hearing Neil sing Hypnotized and Sentimental Lady would be great!

When I saw FM for their last tour, I was blown away. It really was a fantastic show. Christine really surprised me with her stage presence and rapport with Mike and Stevie. It made for a different kind of FM experience, that’s for sure. Black Magic Woman was pretty impressive for me, maybe seeing Stevie sing it live was different than watching it on YouTube? I mean, I recognized that Gypsy sounded awful, but BMW was great. Maybe because I was subconsciously comparing the Gypsy version from that tour with earlier versions, when she had a great voice. Whereas with BMW, there was nothing to compare it with because it was new hearing Stevie sing it.

I think you were hypnotized by the black magic woman

jbrownsjr 11-03-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1270576)
I would love a tribute concert for Bob Welch, but I don’t think Christine would participate, which would be really unfortunate since she was such an important part of that lineup. Hearing Neil sing Hypnotized and Sentimental Lady would be great!

When I saw FM for their last tour, I was blown away. It really was a fantastic show. Christine really surprised me with her stage presence and rapport with Mike and Stevie. It made for a different kind of FM experience, that’s for sure. Black Magic Woman was pretty impressive for me, maybe seeing Stevie sing it live was different than watching it on YouTube? I mean, I recognized that Gypsy sounded awful, but BMW was great. Maybe because I was subconsciously comparing the Gypsy version from that tour with earlier versions, when she had a great voice. Whereas with BMW, there was nothing to compare it with because it was new hearing Stevie sing it.

I saw BMW live and on YOUTUBE and thought both were atrocious. Gypsy was really really bad, too.

I too would love a Welch tribute. I think Christine would participate. She's become quite the yes lady since recent events

jbrownsjr 11-03-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1270578)
I think you were hypnotized by the black magic woman

I think you were Sugared by a Black Magic Daddy.

Macfan4life 11-03-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270580)
I think you were Sugared by a Black Magic Daddy.

If I get a little hungry, he can give me all I can eat

jbrownsjr 11-03-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1270581)
If I get a little hungry, he can give me all I can eat

I do like my whiskey served neat... God! Christine is hilarious and genius sometimes. :lol:

vivfox 11-09-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270579)
I too would love a Welch tribute. I think Christine would participate. She's become quite the yes lady since recent events

I guess you forgot how Christine barred Mick from inviting Bob Welch to the FM induction into the R&R Hall of Fame.

HomerMcvie 11-10-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1270674)
I guess you forgot how Christine barred Mick from inviting Bob Welch to the FM induction into the R&R Hall of Fame.

Which was the beginning of me pulling her application I'd submitted for her, nominating her for "The Greatest Woman That Ever Lived".

Then not standing up for Lindsey, when the goat got him fired...She's either spineless, or heartless. Or just doesn't GAF.

Macfan4life 11-10-2021 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1270683)
Which was the beginning of me pulling her application I'd submitted for her, nominating her for "The Greatest Woman That Ever Lived".

Then not standing up for Lindsey, when the goat got him fired...She's either spineless, or heartless. Or just doesn't GAF.

She has and will always yield to Oh Mack Daddy. Even when he was going bankrupt she paid his bills for a month.

jbrownsjr 11-10-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1270683)

Blame it on my... blame it on my.... blame it on my wild goat...

HomerMcvie 11-10-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270686)
Blame it on my... blame it on my.... blame it on my wild goat...

An oldie but a goatee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms

WHO can listen to that and not smile?