The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-11-2022, 06:13 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,471
Default

This is a good Rhiannon from New Orleans and sounds like Stevie in 2003!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQJsXWsZepQ
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-11-2022, 10:51 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 8,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
So should posts in this thread about this live concert or videos of this concert only be praise for the performances?
Eh, I guess I didnít disagree.

I think she sounds rough and I probably wonít be seeing her, but if people are still willing to pay to see her, who am I to argue?

I could have lived without Stevieís singing for well over 30 years.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-12-2022, 10:04 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
This is a good Rhiannon from New Orleans and sounds like Stevie in 2003!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQJsXWsZepQ


Not good. I prefer to not contaminate my memories of why she used to be so amazing with this sadness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-12-2022, 04:13 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Eh, I guess I didnít disagree.

I think she sounds rough and I probably wonít be seeing her, but if people are still willing to pay to see her, who am I to argue?

I could have lived without Stevieís singing for well over 30 years.
People pay to see Jon Bon Jovi and is voice is rough now. We all need our entertainment!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-12-2022, 06:46 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
People pay to see Jon Bon Jovi and is voice is rough now. We all need our entertainment!
I've got a concert DVD of him that's probably 15 years old, and he was singing the high parts an octave down, BACK THEN!
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-12-2022, 10:57 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 8,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've got a concert DVD of him that's probably 15 years old, and he was singing the high parts an octave down, BACK THEN!
He sang something a year or two ago, either for a charity or maybe the inauguration that was ghastly.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-13-2022, 03:53 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,199
Default

I think Stevie sounded pretty good. Unlike many she does not use pre-recorded vocal tracks. Her voice is not like it used to be but its fine.

Now you want to hear bad singing? When I saw this last year, I thought it was a parody. Has anyone heard Vince Neil sing lately? He is so fat busting through his shirt and the words he sings sound like a completely different set of words. You have to see this to believe it. Just imagine if Vince was a woman who put on this weight and sounded so bad what people would say? This is ridiculous and everyone needs to see this And no doubt the back up vocals are pre-recorded. In all fairness, Vince has a tremendous amount of energy for being in his third trimester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ8OWcFmCk
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-13-2022 at 03:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-16-2022, 02:20 PM
Steviegirl Steviegirl is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think Stevie sounded pretty good. Unlike many she does not use pre-recorded vocal tracks. Her voice is not like it used to be but its fine.

Now you want to hear bad singing? When I saw this last year, I thought it was a parody. Has anyone heard Vince Neil sing lately? He is so fat busting through his shirt and the words he sings sound like a completely different set of words. You have to see this to believe it. Just imagine if Vince was a woman who put on this weight and sounded so bad what people would say? This is ridiculous and everyone needs to see this And no doubt the back up vocals are pre-recorded. In all fairness, Vince has a tremendous amount of energy for being in his third trimester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ8OWcFmCk
THIS is the funniest thing ever!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Stevie- Nicks Singer Unisex T Shirt Vintage Gift For Men Women Funny Tee S-3XL picture

Stevie- Nicks Singer Unisex T Shirt Vintage Gift For Men Women Funny Tee S-3XL

$18.99



Fleetwood Mac Shirt For Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac Rumours Stevie-Nicks Shirt picture

Fleetwood Mac Shirt For Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac Rumours Stevie-Nicks Shirt

$18.95



Framed Stevie Nicks Autograph Promo Print picture

Framed Stevie Nicks Autograph Promo Print

$42.99



Stevie Nicks Tour 2023 Fleetwood Mac Band Tour Unisex T-shirt Shor Sleeve S-4XL picture

Stevie Nicks Tour 2023 Fleetwood Mac Band Tour Unisex T-shirt Shor Sleeve S-4XL

$23.49



Stevie Nicks Smoking Young T-shirt Unisex Holiday Gift Tee picture

Stevie Nicks Smoking Young T-shirt Unisex Holiday Gift Tee

$18.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved