The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also regarding the loss of momentum and inability to extend the dance tour causing resentment...

Who knows how the other 4 felt, but I'd venture to say that it actually opened the golden window for Stevie to restart her solo career. She was back out on the road behind the Enchanted Box Set, did the millennium shows, and went back to finish TISL which really started before the Dance.

This was before the era of Fleetwood Mac tour resentment/martyrdom coming from Stevie, I don't remember any quotes from Stevie that hinted at any resentment towards Christine.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Personally, I was way more offended by the Sheryl Crow fiasco. To me, that's worse than Christine not being there. Luckily, it appears Lindsey was able to put the kibosh on that, in addition to the apparent attempt to replace John during his cancer scare...but I digress.
THAT had to be one of the worst ideas Stevie (and Mick most likely) ever presented. AWFUL!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Personally, I was way more offended by the Sheryl Crow fiasco. To me, that's worse than Christine not being there. Luckily, it appears Lindsey was able to put the kibosh on that, in addition to the apparent attempt to replace John during his cancer scare...but I digress.
Is it reported that Mick wanted to replace John for the Fall 2013 Tour? I can't recall a report of Lindsey or Stevie looking to replace John.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
THAT had to be one of the worst ideas Stevie (and Mick most likely) ever presented. AWFUL!
Whatever Stevie wants, Dick supports. Gotta suck up to the meal ticket!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is it reported that Mick wanted to replace John for the Fall 2013 Tour? I can't recall a report of Lindsey or Stevie looking to replace John.
Because Mick is SCUM. Absolute f*cking SCUM.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I really don’t mind Sheryl but a Version of FM infused with her would be about as cringeworthy as... imagine a set with Soak Up the Sun and Sheryl singing Say You Love Me...about as bad as what eventually happened...

Last edited by jmn3; 05-07-2020 at 05:51 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really don’t mind Sheryl but a Version of FM infused with her would be about as cringeworthy. Imagine a set with Soak Up the Sun and Sheryl singing Say You Love Me. About as bad as what eventually happened...
I'd rather have Bekka back. That girl can SING. Best singer FM ever had.

But of course that would show off the other's(all of them) geriatric vocal cords.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was mentioned in the lawsuit papers. I don’t recall if it was ever mentioned who spearheaded that idea, but apparently Lindsey was against the idea.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really don’t mind Sheryl but a Version of FM infused with her would be about as cringeworthy as... imagine a set with Soak Up the Sun and Sheryl singing Say You Love Me...about as bad as what eventually happened...
Oh I enjoy Sheryl as her own artist, but I also agree that it would be just as cringeworthy as what eventually happened anyways.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m sure there is one more FM tour that will happen after the financial hit Mick is probably taking with his restaurant during this pandemic. He will need a bail out.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m sure there is one more FM tour that will happen after the financial hit Mick is probably taking with his restaurant during this pandemic. He will need a bail out.
He is surely the biggest LOSER in R&R history.

I'm sure he's lost 50 fortunes.

What a f*cking DUMBASS.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She was under contract to make that album. She signed on in 1993, before Billy left, before Bekka and Dave joined, and before Billy returned. She tried to pull out, but the label forced the issue. No way they were going to release a Fleetwood Mac without all three of the Rumours vocalists.

She offered but they refused since she wouldn’t tour.
So we lost a big chance to hear her voice -a bit better- in SYW...

Quote:
I'd rather have Bekka back. That girl can SING. Best singer FM ever had.

But of course that would show off the other's(all of them) geriatric vocal cords.
Chris has a great voice too! Her style is simply wonderful, but Bekka really rocked!
Old 05-09-2020, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

Chris has a great voice too! Her style is simply wonderful, but Bekka really rocked!
Chris was great! But like the other two, there's not much left these days.

Bekka on Blow By Blow? My god, she's AMAZING!

I went and saw her a couple of times in Nashville, maybe 3 years ago, at B.B. Kings, doing a full 3-4 hour night with a full band. F*cking awesome! I met her and talked to her for a few minutes the first time. She was very nice, and very easy to talk to. I requested Dreaming the Dream from Time, and she said they didn't know it, and was surprised that I knew of it.

I meant to bring Time back the next time for her to sign, but it was at my other house out of state, and I forgot to bring it.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a producer friend in Nashville, who says her ego is massive, though. And so is her Mother's(Bonnie Bramlett, in case you didn't know). He said if you put them together in the same room, it's impossible to fit anything else in the room!

But she was as sweet as could be, to me. She kept walking out to the sidewalk by herself, to smoke while the band was playing a song without her.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think more has been made of this than is warranted. It seemed more to do with having an alternative if they couldn’t get out of commitments, since John isn’t a vocalist. I’m sure they have insurance, but still not a bad idea to have a backup plan. However, it would have only been temporary.

THE Stephen Hopkins