Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Wait...

Is this a FM show...without Gypsy...? Whoa.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Is this a FM show...without Gypsy...? Whoa.
After Ellen I had a feeling it wouldn't make the cut.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's not that different. Please. Hardly ANYTHING from tusk. A direct FU to Lindsey.
...it's exactly 1/3 songs they NEVER play plus three covers. The most variety we got in the past was one dredged up Tusk song from Stevie or Lindsey or the electric version of Go Insane. For Fleetwood Mac, given their history as a touring oldies band, you have to admit that's staggering.

Also the band may be petty but I doubt they didn't include many songs from Tusk as a manifestation of their feelings towards Lindsey Buckingham. Christine never played any of hers consistently anyway and Stevie pulls out hers at random. This is the real world here. I'm obviously not familiar with the band personally, but I doubt they are the monstrous caricatures that statement makes them out to be, even if we don't agree with their decision.

Plus they didn't cover Mirage at all.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:56 PM
sands of time
This message has been deleted by sands of time. Reason: Error
Old 10-03-2018, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
SN demanded they play old stuff and Mick did what she wanted because he has no loyalty to others in the band. Remember for 10 years when Lindsey was NOT in FM. They sure did a ton of pre 75 material.... NOT. lol

The addition of these songs is only because 1) SN demanded it and 2) They have to justify another GH cash grab tour vs actually doing new music.
Yes I know it's all Stevie's fault. Tell Me sounds amazing!
Old 10-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite all the Lindsey backlash and the shaky Ellen performance, the band sounded great tonight. Stevie and Christine were in good form. Neil and Mike fit in very well. And Mick and John were a solid backbone as usual.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fQ-6qNRsQ2A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-04-2018, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what happened to Stevie on the Ellen Show, but she was incredible tonight. Her voice was fantastic.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I don't know what happened to Stevie on the Ellen Show, but she was incredible tonight. Her voice was fantastic.
They way she stood there and looked at Tom on the screen at the end... I almost cried.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
LOL
They did arguably the best song on Tusk tonight ... "Storms". I am so beyond thrilled that they brought back that masterpiece of a song.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here come the reviews. Kudos to these folks for keeping us up to date on Twitter.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...opening-night/

Fleetwood Mac kicked off their first tour since the recent departure of Lindsey Buckingham tonight in Tulsa, Oklahoma with a 24-song set that showcased both the band's storied history and its two newest members.
If you were expecting longtime bassist John McVie to serve as the evening's host, well... no. Instead and quite more logically, Stevie Nicks took the master of ceremonies role on most occasions, warmly greeting the crowd after the opening "The Chain" and establishing herself as first among equals with particularly strong performances of songs including "Black Magic Woman" (a 1968 Peter Green-fronted single later made famous by Santana), "Rhiannon" and "Gold Dust Woman."
Former Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell made his very welcome presence felt early and often with frequent extended solos. At this extremely early stage his somewhat rough, loose style understandably hasn't fully grafted with the band's more polished sound, but the newly-configured band's take on the Green-era gem "Oh Well" points a clear path towards such a meeting of the minds.
The band dug deeper into their non-Buckingham history than they have in recent years with set list additions such as 1970's "Tell Me All the Things You Do" and 1973's "Hypnotized," which Mick Fleetwood dedicated to former bandmate Bob Welch.
They also made plenty of room for the band's other new member, Crowded House and Split Enz veteran Neil Finn, who took lead vocals for Mac classics such as "Second Hand News" as well as his own "I Got You" and a duet with Nicks on "Don't Dream It's Over." The band's elders took extra time to praise the latter song, with Fleetwood declaring it "opened many doors in my heart," and Nicks admitting that she'd always thought, "Boy, I'd really love to sing that song someday."

The encore began with Nicks taking the lead on a tribute to her dear friend Tom Petty via a cover of "Free Fallin'," moved onto "Don't Stop" and concluded with a poignant Nicks and Chrstine McVie duet on 1995's "All Over Again": "Well it's it's time to move on to the rain / And finally break the chain / In spite of the heartaches / And troubles in love / I'd do it all over again."

Fleetwood Mac Set List, Oct. 3, 2018 - Tulsa, Oklahoma

1. "The Chain"
2. "Little Lies"
3. "Dreams"
4. "Second Hand News" (Neil Finn on vocals)
5. "Say You Love Me"
6. "Black Magic Woman" (1968 single, Stevie Nicks on vocals)
7. "Everywhere"
8. "I Got You" (Split Enz cover, Finn on vocals)
9. "Rhiannon"
10. "Tell Me All the Things You Do" (from Kiln House, 1970)
11. "Storms"
12. "World Turning" (featuring drum / percussion duel)
13. "Hypnotized" (from Mystery to Me, 1973, Finn on vocals)
14. "Oh Well" (Mike Campbell on vocals)
15. "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House cover, Finn and Nicks duet)
16. "Landslide"
17. "Isn't It Midnight" (from Tango in the Night, 1987)
18. "Monday Morning"
19. "You Make Loving Fun"
20. "Gold Dust Woman"
21. "Go Your Own Way"
encore
22. "Free Fallin'" (Tom Petty cover, Nicks on vocals)
23. "Don't Stop"
24. "All Over Again" (From Time, 1995 - Nicks and Christine McVie on vocals)
Old 10-04-2018, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, that set list sounds kinda ...great!?!
I want to hear "Isn't it Midnight" and especially "Hypnotized" right now. A Bob Welch song?
Suprisingly good choices.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Actually, that set list sounds kinda ...great!?!
I want to hear "Isn't it Midnight" and especially "Hypnotized" right now. A Bob Welch song?
Suprisingly good choices.
Isn't It Midnight blew my mind. Of all the songs, I hope that one stays in the setlist by the time I get to see them.

It was nice to hear that they dedicated Hypnotized to Welch.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-04-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They did freaking GO YOUR OWN WAY???? Disgusting cash grab tour and they should all be ashamed of themselves. GROSS
Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Despite all the Lindsey backlash and the shaky Ellen performance, the band sounded great tonight. Stevie and Christine were in good form. Neil and Mike fit in very well. And Mick and John were a solid backbone as usual.
Either you ARE mick or he's paying you. I can't figure out which.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Could somebody please confirm who sang lead vocals on Tell Me All the Things You Do, Monday Morning and Go Your Own Way?
I'm assuming Neil Finn, but confirmation would be appreciated.
thanks

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood