Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. But, I think it's more of a real love than a romantic love. I love one of my ex boyfriends. (even tho he's still an big jackass). But not with romantic love. More like caring love. Like a family member.
Having said that, I think after what has happened, it just well could be a point of no return.
And the sad part is, $he won't realize it until it's too late.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. But, I think it's more of a real love than a romantic love. I love one of my ex boyfriends. (even tho he's still an big jackass). But not with romantic love. More like caring love. Like a family member.
It's sad to think that she even lost that connection with Lindsey, that thing they shared since they were kids. Even Lindsey's relatives, people who knew her all her life, despise her now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Having said that, I think after what has happened, it just well could be a point of no return.
And the sad part is, $he won't realize it until it's too late.
I hate to say this, but I think Lindsey want to mend things. He doesn't want to end on a bad note with them. They don't deserve it but that's how he is. And they're gonna take advantage of it whenever suits them best.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-19-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I hate to say this, but I think Lindsey want to mend things. He doesn't want to end on a bad note with them. They don't deserve it but that's how he is. And they're gonna take advantage of it whenever suits them best.
I agree, I think it bothers him to not be 'at peace' in life....I think by nature he prefers to avoid drama and chaos, he is most comfortable in calm, routine and uncomplicated environments. I wouldn't be surprised despite being the one WRONGED that he breaks the ice first.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I agree, I think it bothers him to not be 'at peace' in life....I think by nature he prefers to avoid drama and chaos, he is most comfortable in calm, routine and uncomplicated environments. I wouldn't be surprised despite being the one WRONGED that he breaks the ice first.
He wants to live his family life and do his music. He was always a fish out of the water. And those 4 don't deserve him. But it's gonna happen.

And before haters say it, of course money will be an issue too, but not the most important one.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
people!

wasn't that dick joke already long dead in someone's basement after being held captive and tortured for many moons?

and i hear people wonder why i don't come here anymore.

beating the dead horse, engaging in highly personal attacks, calling other board members nasty, losers, dumping on whole countries wherever board member you disagree is from, the list goes on. while not adding or discussing any new info, just going in old circles over and over. what could be so disengaging and unattractive on this board, i wonder?? especially when there are actually fantastic new news ongoing at the other boards!
Wasn't about a disagreement with a "board member", just a rebuttal to what the poster commented on about the USA, preceded by the oh so convenient comment, "I know this is political" BUT I'm gonna ****ing say it anyway! I just put things in what I thought was a good perspective.

Last edited by jwd; 08-24-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Old 08-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to miss this group of people and the chemistry they had together. This IS the FM that I connected with first and have a special affinity with. NOTHING will, or could ever change that.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post

I'm going to miss this group of people and the chemistry they had together. This IS the FM that I connected with first and have a special affinity with. NOTHING will, or could ever change that.
That era of that lineup, before they had all the money and had to just play as the five with no extra musicians, was easily my favorite. But, that hasn’t existed for decades.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHY?!
Old 09-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's to the next chapter of FM

Old 09-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"It's not the despair," John Cleese once said, "I can take the despair..it's the hope I can't stand."

So on this day, when we get the first real look at the fourteenth (or thereabouts) version of my favourite band, what are my feelings?

There is interest, certainly in the new line-up, combined with a worry that too many years may have taken its toll on one or two members that the live experience will not quite pass full muster. There is optimism that some recordings may emanate- there is enough talent, and maybe some new chemistry which could produce this. But a full album? I'm not holding my breath.

There is despair that a mixture of bloody-mindedness, finance, art, animosity, impatience and lack of perspective have led them to this day.

There is relief, at a personal level, that I was fortunate to witness the most celebrated manifestation of this band play live. And they were bloody good.

There was hope. I will miss the hope that somehow those five people would produce a worthy and fitting album to close their association. But it was not to be. Yes, despair I can take, but the hope, it's the hope I can't stand.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 09-05-2018 at 03:26 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was listening to I Will Run To You earlier today (which is vastly superior to Stop Draggin' My Heart Around by the way) and it sunk in just how much of an injustice Lindsey being fired has been. Less than a month from now will be the one year anniversary of Tom Petty's death. He didn't have a chance to do a farewell tour with his band. He was here one day and gone the next.

Fleetwood Mac had that opportunity with their most (in)famous and commercially successful lineup. As fans, we could have been given a proper send off and in return showed the band how much we appreciated them and the impact Fleetwood Mac's music has had on our lives. We won't get it because of the pettiness (pun intended) of a particular member and we almost certainly never will.