Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks - Behind The Music

Seems like a thousand years since I saw this old VH1 special. Maybe it will take you back as well:

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:
Old 06-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to think of 1998 Stevie as “late era” Stevie. But more time has passed SINCE 1998 than before!! Her Solo career was 17 years old at that point. 1998 was 20 years ago!! So Enchanted was “mid career”. Looking at videos from 1996-2000 I would say she was back to being a youthful vibrant lates 70s-early 80s self. She seemed so pretty, young and alive those years. Around 2004 she started to enter “Bitter old woman” stage of her life. In Your Dreams was a brief reprieve from her decline and for a time there I thought maybe she would get back on track where she left off in 2003. The new “late era” Stevie is more like a sad circus clown version of her younger self. She’s “play acting” that she’s 30ish still and singing her songs she wrote about love and despair in her love life, but has not updated her song catalog to current times. What’s it like to be in love NOW? What’s love like at the Senior Citizen Center!? what Denture paste do you adore!? Come on gal! Give us something new?
Old 06-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

One thing about her Behind the Music segment was the juicy part used in the promos was cut from the actual show. I remember seeing the previews of the show and Paul Fishkin saying there were near overdoses on the road. WOW. However, that part was never included. I would love to have heard all those details Paul was talking about.
Yes its crazy to think its been 20 years since Enchanted and Behind the Music.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie is older, for sure- as are those of us that were around at that time. I don't see her as bitter, but she is certainly more forthright in what she is thinking in the moment. Compare 'Behind The Music' to this interview:

Stevie doesn't come across as airy-fairy anymore (nor would I expect her to), and comes across as in control of her business. 'Behind The Music' was more of a fluff piece compared to this interview among "friends." This was an audience that seem very familiar with Stevie and laugh at her pointed jokes, just as I have seen in Lindsey shows and interviews. Twenty years seemed to go by pretty quickly didn't it?
Old 06-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She also says in her storytellers from this same year that she isn’t comfortable with “talking on stage” for very long but will be tonight only to tell the stories of her songs. Just think that In 18 years the longest of those story teller stories would actually be considered incredibly short by present day stevie standards!

He Will Burn You Down