The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pay no attention to the band behind the Penguin!

Getting bombarded with advertisements on Facebook and Instagram. The fact that there is NO band picture and NO band line up is so sleazy IMO.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also what's going on with the site? Mick's henchman?
Old 05-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. I’ve never heard anything like it before, DJ’s are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FM’s people are deep in damage control mode.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. I’ve never heard anything like it before, DJ’s are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FM’s people are deep in damage control mode.
I find this to be rather hilarious. I’ve also received more emails from ticketmaster in the last 24 hours. The spin doctors surely have whiplash at this point
Old 05-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Assuming that the current pre-sales are catering mostly to the die-hards who already know what's going on, I have a feeling general audience sales will stall once the word gets spread.

Or I could be completely wrong, and the more casual fans won't care about behind the scenes drama, as long as they hear the songs and see the twirls...
Old 05-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.
They may be bitches. But, they are not dumb bitches!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Registered

I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.
They have spies everywhere. They knew we already knew and we were only waiting for the inevitable to happen. A$$holes!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.
I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.
I think so too, they're the exact same used for the 1975 tour bumper stickers:

Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey were still in the band you can be SURE they wouldn't just have a freaking penguin as the band advertisement.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.
If you saw BTM at Richfield, let me ask you this. Did Billy Burnette sing Rhiannon that night instead of Stevie? I remember reading the review of this concert in Scene magazine and they said he sang it. I have been trying to find someone for years who could say if this was true or not.