The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With Mike Campbell in the band, Stop Draggin is guaranteed to be in. He co wrote it with Tom. It'll make a nice opportunity for a Tom tribute/story. It was her first, huge solo hit. Mike sounds like Tom when he sings.

He himself suggested they would do that song in the Sirius interview.

Stevie was adamant in the interview that they would do Don't Dream It's Over. Chris seemed to agree.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-28-2018 at 02:41 PM..
Old 04-29-2018, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
There's no problem with it being an encore song. Its just not a song to end the main show on. The last song of the main set needs to be a big one to get the crowd shouting for more. Once the encore starts the clock resets and they can then play something less well known and follow it up with another big one, i.e. Don't Stop.

I agree with Station Man as an opener. The opening song doesn't need to be particularly well known as the audience isn't going to take a leak or get a drink during the first song. Also, as you say its a good one for all the singers to lend their vocals to.
I’m with madfan4life. World Turing, Gold Dust Woman, Oh Well are all given as much if not more airplay then Go shout Own Way on at least my hometown classic rock station. Plus it’s a group participation song.

Although with a lot of bands I’ve noticed it’s not so much the best known song that ends the main set but just one of their most kick ass performances of the night to leave the crowd excited. Sometimes rmthats anciver song even in a band like Hearts case.

So I was thinking an epic Green Manaalishi to close the main set. It’s an absolutely epic guitar song and I’m sorry but MC will do a FAR better job then Lindsey ever could on this song. And if stevie even makes the slightest attempt at the wails, this song has set closer written all over it.

In fact I think the last 4 songs of the main set should be:

Little Lies
Gold Dust Woman
Isn’t It Midnight
Green Manalishi

Encore:

Don’t Dream It’s Over (definitley needs to be out of the main set)
Stop Dragging My Heart Around

World Turning
Don’t Stop

Stevie finally came out of her encore set in stone pattern since 1994 (cover song followed by ballad) for the very first time on the 24 karat gold tour. Maybe Fleetwood Mac will change their approach to what songs can go where.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is based more on likelihood than preference and I doubt it would be this exact order but I imagine it'll be something like

The Chain
Everywhere
Dreams
Oh Well (Mike)
Rattlesnake Shake (Mike)
Station Man (Neil & Chris)
Sentimental Lady
Hypnotised
Black Magic Woman (Mike)
Say You Love Me
Rhiannon
Landslide (better have a guitar solo from Mike instead of cheating and having a keyboard break as in times past)
You Make Loving Fun
Sisters of the Moon
Brown Eyes
Stop Dragging My Heart Around (Stevie & Neil)
Gypsy
Little Lies
Isn't It Midnight
Freedom
Don't Dream It's Over
Go Your Own Way (Neil)

ENCORES

World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird

Last edited by Murrow; 04-29-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I've been wrong before, but I'm willing to bet a lot money that there's no way in hell that a lackluster tune from a sub par album like "Freedom" will make it into the set list. With many amazing songs that have never been played before to choose from, if "Freedom" is in this set list, I will consider it the final nail in the coffin.

Billy was the other audition, but it was not to play tunes from "Behind The Mask" and "Time"--they considered him for the old blues/Pre-75 stuff, which at least has some artistic credibility.
"Freedom" in the set? Dear god, no.

And I'd also bet that they'll end up dropping most of the pre-BN stuff. They'll keep Oh Well and maybe one other song or two.