Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Ledgie

Default Rehearsal footage

Anybody else notice that in clip of them rehearsing The Chain,Mick was playing his small/acoustic drum kit- hope that this is not a sign that they will be doing an unplugged or lite version of this great song!
Poor Christine! She looked SO uncomfortable in this interview. Look at John looking at Mike and Neil and Stevie when they are speaking: I would LOVE to know what he's thinking to himself. Any suggestions???
Old 04-25-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Anybody else notice that in clip of them rehearsing The Chain,Mick was playing his small/acoustic drum kit- hope that this is not a sign that they will be doing an unplugged or lite version of this great song!
Poor Christine! She looked SO uncomfortable in this interview. Look at John looking at Mike and Neil and Stevie when they are speaking: I would LOVE to know what he's thinking to himself. Any suggestions???
How did we get here?
Old 04-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Calgon take me away
Old 04-25-2018, 05:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
The 24K Gold Tour she delayed for two years because of the OWTS tour?

I think reactions to the segment (which was even shorter than I expected it to be) will vary depending upon one's level of anger at the Lindsey situation. Content-wise it was exactly as I expected it to be (nothing revealed).

My initial reaction: man these guys are OLD. (Love them all, but father time catches up with everyone...) From that aspect I can see why they weren't going to wait for Lindsey. Particularly when word of a big Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018 has been out there for more than a year.

My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.

I have to admit that while not what I had been expecting from FM, the clip of Neil's live Don't Dream It's Over got my attention. I hope they include that in the set. (Saying that as someone who has no knowledge of him or familiarity with his songs beyond the couple that were hits in the US years ago.)

And I still love Mike Campbell. Though I won't be sorry if they drop ticket prices a bit because of the lack of Lindsey.
Agree about the Stevie thing. She has either shortened or not toured at all several times for FM. So, putting this on her is just weak. I recall when they toured without Stevie of Lindsey. And I recall complaints that Buckingham always took forever to do an album. Wanting redo after redo after redo of songs. So, go your own way, Lindsey. Ya'll aren't getting younger.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.
The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.
You're right. I think the deal with Mike Campbell was sealed, but they needed a vocalist. They brought in Billy Burnett to play with the Campbell lineup. Of course, it fell flat, just like it did in 87-90. They realized something was missing with Billy Burnett, so Mick called his friend Neil Finn.

I think we were very close to having a Burnett/Campbell lineup added.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Re-watched and you're right. I did say in my initial post that I wasn't really paying attention.

My bigger take away was that a split-second clip of Don't Dream it's Over has me all on board with the vocalist they did choose.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Recording?!?!?! Whahaaahahaahahaaaaaa!

Yeah, right.
Let's please, PLEASE perish that thought. Just in case they are serious.

Now, a Lindsey recording though, I'll line up for!

Old 04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Recording?!?!?! Whahaaahahaahahaaaaaa!

Yeah, right.
Let's please, PLEASE perish that thought. Just in case they are serious.

Now, a Lindsey recording though, I'll line up for!
What do you think would sell better- a Lindsey album or a FM album?
Old 04-27-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright, let's go there. Are we talking without Lindsey B. sales, like "Behind the Mask"?
Because, seriously. And that was in an era when albums still sold.

But, don't take me for a measuring stick, I always have valued Lindsey's craft and artistry highly, and Tusk is the only Mac album I still listen to to this day. I do listen to all his solo work still though!

So to me it is a matter of quality over quantity before all else. And, longevity.