User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I wonder when they say “majority rules” if that’s to partially a way to absolve Christine any responsibility of being part of the decision.
I think they would say that no matter what. They say majority rules because they allegedly imply it was put out for a vote...however, I would be willing to bet that it's Mick and Stevie who decided on WHAT option was to be floated to the rest of the band.

Majority rules on the vote, but not on the decisions as to WHAT exactly to vote on. That's the shot called influenced by Stevie and Mick.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think they would say that no matter what. They say majority rules because they allegedly imply it was put out for a vote...however, I would be willing to bet that it's Mick and Stevie who decided on WHAT option was to be floated to the rest of the band.

Majority rules on the vote, but not on the decisions as to WHAT exactly to vote on. That's the shot called influenced by Stevie and Mick.
supposedly, when Mick said in the @CBS interview that majority rules and "divorcing" Lindsey was a group decision, Chris said - no, it was not - i was in London and knew nothing about it.

that got cut.

something like that did make it into RS interview.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yeah its pretty sad. The band had so much potential 4 years ago when Christine came back. Suddenly everyone was shocked at what could be. An album with the Rumours 5 and tours to come. NONE of it happened.
To end their legacy this way is beyond sad. If it turns out Billy Burnette was the person who tried out for the band but was rejected (maybe for health reasons or chemistry) is even sadder. The tour does not begin until October. There was plenty of time for Lindsey to summer solo tour. None of this makes sense to surrender your legacy for this. They would never do this to Stevie or Christine or John. Christine looked so sad on the CBS segment.
The band is trying to portray this is a new band that will record. Mark my word and you heard it hear first. The band will rehearse some new song and perform it on tour to try to prove to everyone this is REALLY a new band.
I agree completely that Christine seemed to be quite "distant" throughout the entire segment.

I actually feel for her in this whole process. Think about it: she comes back to the music industry specifically to play with the 4 members of Fleetwood Mac she called her "musical family." In fact, she stated on a number of occasions that she could not imagine playing with any other musicians when she returned to music. She was then able to actually make new music (and tour behind it) with her musical "kindred spirit" all through last year. And now...she has to do this tour with a "new family" (step-siblings, if you will)...not what she signed up for when she returned. In fact, and this is just speculation, but I can't help but think she probably feels taken advantage of here. There's no way that if she were still gone from the band that Fleetwood Mac would fire Lindsey and continue with Mick, Stevie, John, and some new guy. With Christine back, Stevie gets to now tour with Fleetwood Mac without Buckingham since two primary songwriters/singers are still present.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
supposedly, when Mick said in the @CBS interview that majority rules and "divorcing" Lindsey was a group decision, Chris said - no, it was not - i was in London and knew nothing about it.

that got cut.

It was mentioned somewhere--I think in the article--she heard it when she was in London, I guess after MusicCares? For that reason, is she their way back into Lindsey's good graces when they need to get there? I mean, you know they will. MC is fully aware of the FM/SN drama--but is Neil? Doubtful
Methinks a lot will of the truth come to daylight if/when a lawsuit comes to fruition.
There are so many things I want answers to:
1. What was said in the band "pow-wow" pre this interview. Truthfully, Mick looks like the only one that actually wanted to be there.
2. When Christine did hear (if what SHE'S saying is true) did she push back
3. Who told Stevie there are signs all over LA about her...LOL. Honestly would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one. As an aside--WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE people to bring those signs to the concerts. Who knows, maybe Mick or Stevie will sign them. LOL
4. Heard Brett bowed out of this-if so--Kudos to him and that kinda speaks volumes.
5. Mick's drum tech is married to/dating Lindsey's niece.....#awkward.
6. When will Stevie's mentionitis kick in. How long will it take her to dedicate "Landslide" to Lindsey?
7. How soon into the run does the set list change?
8. Who actually thought this was a good idea and did they expect the a$$ kicking they've gotten since it was announced.

I am curious to see how further press goes for this. I mean, CBS was a disaster on all fronts. Do they wait for Pre-sale/tix to go on sale to schedule more press? I mean they have 5 months to button up their script.
And finally-when will we hear from Lindsey? He deserves to have his side out there too--of course, when he's ready. Would love to see it on Oct 2,2018..LOL
Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

that got cut.

Where did you hear this info? that it got cut?