The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 628
Default

An EP has half a** written all over it. I'd rather The Mac doing nothing at all than putting out a lazy attempt at an EP.

A full fledged album with a solid producer like Mitchell Froom or Rick Rubin could be the artistic statement/swan song that this dinosaur rock act has been needing. If The Mac want to truly cement their place in music history, they need to come out with a critically acclaimed album in the twilight of their career. Think:

Johnny Cash-American IV/The Man Comes Around
Bob Dylan-Time Out Of Mind
Paul Simon-Graceland
Bruce Springsteen-Magic or Wrecking Ball

There are numerous artists who've recorded groundbreaking, artistic, multi-layered and critically acclaimed albums LATE in their career. These 5 musicians are certainly talented enough to do just that. But, they must put their egos aside and get off their asses to follow through. At this stage in their career, if they want to be known as more than a jukebox band playing their "hits", it's time to get serious. If not, on with the show, so to speak.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that more than a few members of The Mac just don't like each other very much.

The men in Fleetwood Mac now have (in some cases) young children to raise, put through college, and leave properties and trust funds to. Chris and Stevie are alone without husbands and children, so the Fleetwood Mac gig is a way of keeping them active and busy. At this point, jukebox touring and making some money seems to be "enough" for these folks.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:12 AM
AnthonyMI AnthonyMI is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Chicago
Posts: 644
Default

I do not think it possible. No. I'll tell you why. Stevie, much as I love her output recent years and old albums is creativly and inspirationally bankrupt. And when she does manage to come up with a basis for a promising song she is SO stuck in her ways she can't refine or edit a song to make it Gloss and Gleam. It's her way or the highway. The extent of Cooperation and compromise she's capable of is touring. That's it.

At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997. He's consistently been a husband and father since 1998. Meanwhile Stevie is clutching desperately to following him down till the sound of her voice haunts him. It was cute for a while but reeks of desperation and Miss Havishan from Great Expectations.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:53 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997...
Help me out. What is the affair of 1997 you speak of? Have I been missing something really juicy all this time?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:33 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Help me out. What is the affair of 1997 you speak of? Have I been missing something really juicy all this time?
"He fell for her again,
She watched it happen
Every day, day by day
But more important
Night by night..
She watched it all
come into play
He held her hand
She listened to
what he had to say..."

"Maybe now he could prove to her
That he could be good for her
That they should be together...."


Whether they actually had a physical affair or whether it was just emotional no one knows but plenty of people have opinions about.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
"He fell for her again,
She watched it happen
Every day, day by day
But more important
Night by night..
She watched it all
come into play
He held her hand
She listened to
what he had to say..."

"Maybe now he could prove to her
That he could be good for her
That they should be together...."


Whether they actually had a physical affair or whether it was just emotional no one knows but plenty of people have opinions about.....
Then he ran right into the arms of Christine! (10 years later)
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-23-2017, 05:40 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Then he ran right into the arms of Christine! (10 years later)


Oh you big softie...
Xxx
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-23-2017, 05:57 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh you big softie...
Xxx
I love that you get me. Most of the folks don't get my goofiness.
They just want to fight like the England and Ireland!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:24 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that you get me. Most of the folks don't get my goofiness.
They just want to fight like the England and Ireland!
Me too. It kills me that people think I'm mean.

Just because I'm not afraid to give an unpopular opinion.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-24-2017, 08:50 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I do not think it possible. No. I'll tell you why. Stevie, much as I love her output recent years and old albums is creativly and inspirationally bankrupt. And when she does manage to come up with a basis for a promising song she is SO stuck in her ways she can't refine or edit a song to make it Gloss and Gleam. It's her way or the highway. The extent of Cooperation and compromise she's capable of is touring. That's it.

At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997. He's consistently been a husband and father since 1998. Meanwhile Stevie is clutching desperately to following him down till the sound of her voice haunts him. It was cute for a while but reeks of desperation and Miss Havishan from Great Expectations.
This is an extremely insightful evaluation of the current state of affairs. As much as I love Stevie Nicks, I tend to agree with this theory.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 AM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Just because I'm not afraid to give an unpopular opinion.

Did someone call my name?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-25-2017, 05:44 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I do not think it possible. No. I'll tell you why. Stevie, much as I love her output recent years and old albums is creativly and inspirationally bankrupt. And when she does manage to come up with a basis for a promising song she is SO stuck in her ways she can't refine or edit a song to make it Gloss and Gleam. It's her way or the highway. The extent of Cooperation and compromise she's capable of is touring. That's it.

At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997. He's consistently been a husband and father since 1998. Meanwhile Stevie is clutching desperately to following him down till the sound of her voice haunts him. It was cute for a while but reeks of desperation and Miss Havishan from Great Expectations.
Harsh, but true...
Why doesn't she hand over JUST four of her vaulted songs.
Let him do whatever to them.
She pops in for a week, sings.
Job done....Lindsey does four, Christine does four......Hooray a new Album.
And she only has to see him and work with him for a week!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-25-2017, 06:04 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Harsh, but true...
Why doesn't she hand over JUST four of her vaulted songs.
Let him do whatever to them.
She pops in for a week, sings.
Job done....Lindsey does four, Christine does four......Hooray a new Album.
And she only has to see him and work with him for a week!!!!!!!
I really think Stevie was disappointed with how her songs on Say You Will turned out, so your idea that she just hand over 4 of her songs and let Lindsay do whatever to them is kind of the antithesis of how she works. Stevie, rightly or wrongly, is protective of her songs, so it's unlikely she would do what you suggest with any producer. And if she blames Lindsay for how her songs turned out on Say You Will, even if it's irrational, then she's not going to do that again. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:13 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really think Stevie was disappointed with how her songs on Say You Will turned out, so your idea that she just hand over 4 of her songs and let Lindsay do whatever to them is kind of the antithesis of how she works. Stevie, rightly or wrongly, is protective of her songs, so it's unlikely she would do what you suggest with any producer. And if she blames Lindsay for how her songs turned out on Say You Will, even if it's irrational, then she's not going to do that again. Just my opinion.
Oh well, just a thought.
I want the final Album with MAC5 so much.

(I actually like SYW and think it's a fine Album.)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:59 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

I'm with you, sue! I'd buy a new album by them in a heartbeat. I just don't think it'll happen, that's all. And even though other people have said it's because Stevie can't write anymore, I really think it's because she simply doesn't want to record with Lindsay anymore. After all, as you said, she could just hand over 2 or 3 old demos to Lindsay, or record background vocals on their songs. Very telling, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:15 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsay
Since you're apparently here for the duration, would you mind spelling his name correctly? LindsEy!

I will owe you a cocktail in return...

Thank you.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

E. Thomasson Tiffany Style Art Nouveau Daphne Lamp Vintage Stevie Nicks Owns One
$975.0
E. Thomasson Tiffany Style Art Nouveau Daphne Lamp Vintage Stevie Nicks Owns One pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Poster Album Promo Say You Will 2-Sided Stevie Nicks Mick
$49.99
Fleetwood Mac Poster Album Promo Say You Will 2-Sided Stevie Nicks Mick pictureStevie Nicks Poster Of Fleetwood Mac Time Space
$49.99
Stevie Nicks Poster Of Fleetwood Mac Time Space pictureStevie Nicks Poster Bob Masse Artist Fleetwood Mac
$49.99
Stevie Nicks Poster Bob Masse Artist Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved