Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-30-2018, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Stevie has no wrinkles because she "stopped going in the sun at 30". YEAH OK THEN.
I'll bet the old girl has had her sh*t tightened at least a half dozen times.

She's probably got a few pair of gloves at home, made from her leftover neck skin.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where did she put that up?
Leelee put a video in her IG story, so it's not there anymore. It only lasts 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Kristen is 19 years younger then Lindsey so she’s 49 I believe?
Kristen is 21 years younger than Lindsey. She's 48.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

tons of good pics on social media from both rehearsals and backstage the day of, besides all the red carpet pics. here's one Jared Leto tweeted today, and i've also seen it floating around on social media yesterday -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2018, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

crazy red carpet faces and poses -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM

https://thelindseybuckinghamresource.tumblr.com/post/170191081341/when-you-win-the-musicares-person-of-the-year
Old 01-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any pics of Christine alone in front of the red wall? Or did she and John do what they always do and decline to be interviewed or noticed beyond group photos?
Old 01-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Chris and Mick dancing at the 11:36 minute mark is priceless. As is John refusing Lindsey's hand and setting Lindsey off on an adorable solo swivel.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where did she put that up?
http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.c...tagram-account

Old 01-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

from red carpet interview:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/01/29/...emale-grammys/

Keith Urban spoke EXCLUSIVELY with HollywoodLife about his wife & two daughters serving as his muses for his latest, top-charting single, ‘Female.’

In the midst of the #TimesUp and #MeToo movements, Keith Urban‘s inspiring and important song “Female” could serve as an anthem of the crusade. The lead single of his upcoming ninth studio album Graffiti U is essentially a declaration of respect, admiration and praise of women all over the world. The country music phenomenon spoke to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY about his inspiration behind the song, while on the red carpet at the Grammy’s MusiCares Person Of The Year Tribute, honoring Fleetwood Mac. “It’s a song that speaks to different people in different ways,” Keith, 50, shared. “I know for me, my connection was just as much about being a husband, as it was about being a father of two girls, as well, so it really spoke to me.” Aww! Keith is notably the husband of award-winning actress Nicole Kidman, and the two have been each other’s biggest fans on the awards show circuits the last few months. Their mutual love and respect for each other is absolutely undeniable, and, through Keith’s “Female” lyrics, that’s even more obvious. The Aussies have been married since 2006, and are parents to Faith Margaret, 7, and Sunday Rose, 9.

At the MusiCares event, Keith jammed out to “Second Hand News,” a hit by Fleetwood Mac, one of Keith’s greatest inspirations. The song gave Keith the opportunity to show off his incredible guitar skills, which he says were influenced by Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham. In a statement to the Recording Academy, Keith said, “Lindsey is one of the most underrated guitarists, in my opinion, of all-time,” adding, “I say that because he doesn’t play like anybody. [With] Lindsey, I can’t hear any of his influences. He’s just such an original player.” I think we could say the same about Keith, who has inspired so many young country artists, himself.

Lorde, Imagine Dragons, HAIM, Miley Cyrus and more paid tribute to music legends Fleetwood Mac at Radio City Music Hall for the pre-Grammy MusiCares gala, which raised over $7 million in support of MusiCares’ programs and services, which include medical, financial and addiction recovery assistance for people in the music industry.

HollywoodLifers, do you love Keith Urban’s song “Female?” Let us know!

Old 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/r...es-1202677607/

Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic Singers Declare Their Undying Devotion to Fleetwood Mac

The band will be feted at the Musicares Person of the Year concert, which kicks off Grammy weekend.

By Ariana Brockington

The group Fleetwood Mac will be honored as MusiCares’ Person of the Year on Friday night in what has become a tentpole event on Grammy week. And it’s no wonder: an all-star tribute concert is planned which includes performances by Keith Urban, Lorde, Haim, Harry Styles, John Legend, Imagine Dragons and OneRepublic, among others.

“It was an honor that we are even on the radar of Fleetwood Mac,” OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder tells Variety. “I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, as presumably one out of every two people did. This is just as cool as it gets really.”

“You definitely want to do them right,” adds Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds, who first became inspired by the legendary band — whose members include Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie — early on in his career. In fact, the song “Emma” off of Imagine Dragon’s EP “Hell and Silence,” was produced by Richard Dashut, who also collaborated with Fleetwood Mac on several albums, including “Rumours” and “Tusk.”

Says Reynolds: “He shared so many beautiful stories when we were in the studio working on that song about Fleetwood Mac, working on ‘Rumours’ and how it was so important to be organic and in-sync with each other as musicians when in the studio.”

RELATED
Stevie Nicks Pays Homage to Tom Petty at MusiCares: ‘I Know You’re Standing Next to Me’ (Watch)
Bill Clinton and Harry Styles Praise Fleetwood Mac, Lorde and Miley Cyrus Slay at Grammy MusiCares Concert
Tedder lists “The Chain” and “Go Your Own Way” as some of his favorite Fleetwood Mac songs and that the broader Mac canon served as the “soundtrack” to his childhood. “‘Little Lies’ was so late in the game behind all their other records, and when I was a little kid that song was a smash,” says Tedder. “I remember driving around in my school bus and singing the crap out of that song.”

Fleetwood Mac’s sound and recording style has also influenced the way Reynolds approaches his songwriting. “Whenever I listen to [their music], I feel like they’re sitting next to you and you know them,” Reynolds says. “As a songwriter, it is always my goal to write in a very personal way and to express our music in a way that feels like you know the person after hearing that song.”

Tedder has not only produced and written hits for his own band, but for other artists as well, including Beyoncé, Adele and Taylor Swift, and his contributions to Adele’s “21” and “25” and Taylor Swift’s “1989” earned him Grammy awards. Like Reynolds, Tedder also says Fleetwood Mac’s music has impacted his writing and production style.

“Fleetwood Mac inspires you to not sound like anybody else ever because they never did,” Tedder adds.

As for the support for MusiCares, Tedder cracks that being a successful recording artist demands a “severe degree of narcissism to a certain point,” and musicians need to take the time to give back. “Most of us make way too much money for writing and messing around and playing songs,” he says. “The very least we could do is raise awareness and give money back ourselves and to spend our time to raise money for things that matter that aren’t just completely selfish.”

Reynolds concurs. “I think we are a very selfish community, quite honestly, because it’s so self-focused,” he says. “So it’s really good always for musicians and artists to look outward and to give back.”

Aside from MusiCares, Reynolds and his fellow band members are heavily involved in philanthropic projects. Imagine Dragons founded the Tyler Robinson Foundation after a close friend passed away from cancer. Reynolds saysthe band has raised over $1 million dollars in the last two years for families of children diagnosed with cancer.

He also founded the Loveloud Foundation, whose goal is “to create dialogue and spark and ignite a conversation about what we can do in religious communities to change this shaming specifically with our LGBT youth.” An annual music festival is held in Utah to spread awareness about the foundation.

The MusiCares Person of the Year tribute concert takes place at Radio City Music Hall on Jan. 26.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Dedicated to all those Stevie haters round here:
"The highlight of the entire night was Nicks' ten-minute "Gold Dust Woman." In a sparkly gold shawl the singer was a captivating, bewitching presence, staring down the barrel of the camera that showed the band on two screens that flanked the stage. She flipped her hair, twirled and cast a spell on the entire room. She became the dragon, the storm and the wind she always promised to be while reminding us that there are very few who can match her presence and voice..." (Rolling Stone)
Old 02-01-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanobbi View Post
"The highlight of the entire night was Nicks' ten-minute "Gold Dust Woman." In a sparkly gold shawl the singer was a captivating, bewitching presence, staring down the barrel of the camera that showed the band on two screens that flanked the stage. She flipped her hair, twirled and cast a spell on the entire room. She became the dragon, the storm and the wind she always promised to be while reminding us that there are very few who can match her presence and voice..." (Rolling Stone)
I'm not a Stevie hater.. more of a non-Stevie worshipper.

I saw GDW at the Forum 2014 and it was one of my favorite moments. I still get chills thinking about it. She was spectacular.

And I was more excited for Sisters of the Moon and that was a huge let down and very flat. So, you never know what to expect.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^i used to love GDW live, it was among my favorites. Now I can’t stand it with that long boring drawn out ending she has been doing for the last 4 or 5 years. I was actually surprised she did it at this show but it wasn’t as long I think as it usually is live. I was happy for her that she got that good review for it instead of complaints.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanobbi View Post
You know, there are some people who think pig brains are a delicacy. But thanks for playing.