The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Actually, it seems to be a factor. She recently has complained that records don't sell and that why wouldn't they want to go out on the road and "make a ton of money". Seems like she's stuck in the past and still expects her records to sell millions of copies like they did back in the day.
I think Lindsey is a bigger factor than money because she's also stuck in the past not only when it comes to record sales.

But I agree that money is important to her. More than creativity. Same with her fans. Which is understandable. You can't love someone if you don't agree with them.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-20-2017, 01:24 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.
Point taken. Because, had they been marketing themselves the same way (all this time) as she has, they might just sell better. I agree.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Then why are you going to one of their shows if sales are so sad?
Exactly!

I've heard the Stevie forum is chock full of number crunchers. Glad I don't go there!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
MakerofBirds's Avatar
MakerofBirds MakerofBirds is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bright World
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Then why are you going to one of their shows if sales are so sad?
Because I love their music? Should there be any other reason? I'd like to know since I've been handing them my money for 40 years now.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:03 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Because I love their music? Should there be any other reason? I'd like to know since I've been handing them my money for 40 years now.
When you say "them", you're also talking about Stevie, right?

If you love their music, then sad sales shouldn't be a problem to you. Just go and enjoy their show. It won't be as packed as Stevie's shows but what matters (at least to me) is the quality of the show.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 PM
MakerofBirds's Avatar
MakerofBirds MakerofBirds is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bright World
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly!

I've heard the Stevie forum is chock full of number crunchers. Glad I don't go there!
Numbers ARE scary and there definitely were some sales numbers over on the Stevie forum during her latest tour. Maybe a pie chart would be better for you? Pie isn't scary.

Mmmm ... pie.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:13 PM
MakerofBirds's Avatar
MakerofBirds MakerofBirds is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bright World
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
When you say "them", you're also talking about Stevie, right?

If you love their music, then sad sales shouldn't be a problem to you. Just go and enjoy their show. It won't be as packed as Stevie's shows but what matters (at least to me) is the quality of the show.
Yes, I'm talking about all of them, including Stevie. I want Lindsey and Christine to do well. If they lose money or make very little on the tour, they may not do something like this again. I'd love for them to do something like this again. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the show no matter how many tickets have sold.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Yes, I'm talking about all of them, including Stevie. I want Lindsey and Christine to do well. If they lose money or make very little on the tour, they may not do something like this again. I'd love for them to do something like this again. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the show no matter how many tickets have sold.
Good! We don't know what they're planning to do, regardless of venues sales. They could end up doing another album with another smaller tour. They have all been in this business for a long time. I don't think they should learn anything from anybody.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:37 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Numbers ARE scary and there definitely were some sales numbers over on the Stevie forum during her latest tour. Maybe a pie chart would be better for you? Pie isn't scary.

Mmmm ... pie.
I only care about the numbers for their ego's sake.

For myself, I'd be fine being the only person in the audience.

Idk why Stevie fans are always obsessed with numbers...
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:41 PM
MakerofBirds's Avatar
MakerofBirds MakerofBirds is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bright World
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Good! We don't know what they're planning to do, regardless of venues sales. They could end up doing another album with another smaller tour. They have all been in this business for a long time. I don't think they should learn anything from anybody.
I would definitely be into that!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM
MakerofBirds's Avatar
MakerofBirds MakerofBirds is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bright World
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
Imagine Fleetwood Mac broke up in 1997 after 'The Dance'.

'Say You Will' and 'EP' never happened.

Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine still release all of the solo albums they have released over the years, but each saves back a few songs for a proper final album.

Twenty years later, in 2017, the band reunites to celebrate 50 years of the band, 40 years since 'Rumours', 30 years since 'Tango In The Night', and 20 years since 'The Dance'.

They co-write, each sings on every song; 3-part harmonies, lead, backup, solo parts. All of the piano parts you hear are Christine.

I still believe it's possible for our Fireflies to come together one last time to honor their music, their fans, and their legacy as one of the greatest bands of all time; a true, final concept album like 'Long Road Out Of Eden' from the Eagles.

Feel free to re-edit as you please, or copy my playlist for your device and enjoy.


'On With The Show', 2017

To actually contribute to the original topic here ...

I'd want Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and Make Me A Mask to be included because I think they're too easily overlooked on The Chain box set. They should have put all the new material on one disc instead of mixing it all up. And isn't it out of print now? Let's please leave Paper Doll off because I think it's dreadful. Maybe a studio version of Sweet Girl instead? I can't remember if Rick and Billy played on Love Shines or Heart of Stone or not. If so, a re-recording might be interesting.

Last edited by MakerofBirds : 06-20-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-20-2017, 03:52 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
To actually contribute to the original topic here ...

I'd want Love Shines, Heart of Stone, and Make Me A Mask to be included because I think they're too easily overlooked on The Chain box set. They should have put all the new material on one disc instead of mixing it all up. And isn't it out of print now? Let's please leave Paper Doll off because I think it's dreadful. Maybe a studio version of Sweet Girl instead? I can't remember if Rick and Billy played on Love Shines or Heart of Stone or not. If so, a re-recording might be interesting.
I loved Sweet Girl. That melody is beautiful in the chorus.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:47 PM
MikeInNV MikeInNV is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Idk why Stevie fans are always obsessed with numbers...
Well to be fair there are no less than three separate threads discussing BuckVie's performance on the album chart.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-20-2017, 09:56 PM
BlueLight BlueLight is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Empire State
Posts: 561
Default

Wow, this thread certainly went of the rails pretty quickly. A perfect example of why I've been avoiding the Rumours board recently

But FWIW, here's my current tracklisting for a proper 2017 Fleetwood Mac album:

Sad Angel
My Heart
Carnival Begin
On With the Show
Twisted
Lay Down for Free
Too Far Gone
Watch Chain
Red Sun
Miss Fantasy
Without You
Love is Here to Stay
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I only care about the numbers for their ego's sake.

For myself, I'd be fine being the only person in the audience.

Idk why Stevie fans are always obsessed with numbers...
because she is. And yes, I count myself as a Stevie fan, but that's because I'm a fan of ALL of them and buy records and concert tickets to see any and all of them in all their combinations.

In the recent LA Times article Lindsey makes a joke about "all 12 of them" in reference to his audience. I thought it was cool that Chris asked him if he gets people at his solo shows calling out for FM songs and he said no that his audience "all 12 of them" ha, ha... "get what I'm doing and why". "The right ears" [as he always put it] hearing his music was what mattered. I've loved Stevie and her work forever but she would never take that position. It just is what it is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET LINDSEY MICK CHRIS & JOHN IN STUDIO
$179.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET LINDSEY MICK CHRIS & JOHN IN STUDIO pictureMick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Mick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036
$99.99
Mick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved