The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2017, 05:33 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,025
Default Red Sun

Ok.....after a couple of months this is my favorite track of the the BuckMcvie album. My wife and I sing it and say....."What a great Fleetwood Mac song" too bad Stevie isn't on it.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 08-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Ok.....after a couple of months this is my favorite track of the the BuckMcvie album. My wife and I sing it and say....."What a great Fleetwood Mac song" too bad Stevie isn't on it.
I agree. I can almost hear Stevie singing the chorus with Christine and Lindsey. Its such a typical Mac song.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2017, 06:12 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

to me Red Sun is like a much superior version of Say You Will, down to the little guitar solo in the middle.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-14-2017, 08:27 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
to me Red Sun is like a much superior version of Say You Will, down to the little guitar solo in the middle.
I'll agree with this. I can't stand the tune SYW..
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2017, 12:35 PM
pattyfan pattyfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree. I can almost hear Stevie singing the chorus with Christine and Lindsey. Its such a typical Mac song.
My thoughts EXACTLY. I actually think I do hear Stevie on the choruses, that's how Macish it sounds to me. It was the first song that grabbed me on this CD and it's definitely my favorite.

Kevin
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2017, 01:51 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

The chorus is really tight. I love the blend of their voices.

Buckingham/McVie tunes have always interested me because of this. So tight.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-19-2017, 04:18 PM
lilyfee's Avatar
lilyfee lilyfee is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY. I actually think I do hear Stevie on the choruses, that's how Macish it sounds to me. It was the first song that grabbed me on this CD and it's definitely my favorite.

Kevin
Same here! That's the only disappointment, that Stevie is not actually on it. Like Everywhere.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The chorus is really tight. I love the blend of their voices.

Buckingham/McVie tunes have always interested me because of this. So tight.
So true! And yet, as one reviewer noted, it's an interesting contrast between LB's tightness and CM's voice, which is spacious.....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-20-2017, 12:12 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,212
Default

I love this song...and always have.
However, I'm finding I'm starting to get irritated by the la, la, la's at the end. When the album first came out I remember another Ledgie (cant remember who) commenting on this and remember not being all that bothered by it. However, several months later I'm loving the song but then hating it just as it gets to the end.

The la, la, la's really remind me of the middle and end of that blasted 'When You Say'.

Christine (PERFECT) McVie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA1pmeJMuuU


Fleetwood Mac (Danny K)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb_905e4Gsk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-20-2017, 07:45 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I love this song...and always have.
However, I'm finding I'm starting to get irritated by the la, la, la's at the end. When the album first came out I remember another Ledgie (cant remember who) commenting on this and remember not being all that bothered by it. However, several months later I'm loving the song but then hating it just as it gets to the end.
me! i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-20-2017, 07:46 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I love this song...and always have.
However, I'm finding I'm starting to get irritated by the la, la, la's at the end. When the album first came out I remember another Ledgie (cant remember who) commenting on this and remember not being all that bothered by it. However, several months later I'm loving the song but then hating it just as it gets to the end.
me! i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song. it cheapens it, makes it generic.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:07 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
me! i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song.
yes, it does. it's kinda cheesy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-21-2017, 07:30 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

I do not like the la la la la's. So distracting.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY. I actually think I do hear Stevie on the choruses, that's how Macish it sounds to me. It was the first song that grabbed me on this CD and it's definitely my favorite.

Kevin
Agreed! If I didn't know better, I would think I hear her. Perhaps LB did one of his processed vocal tricks to get a track in there that sounded as much like her as possible in order to round out the full Mac resemblance.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-21-2017, 08:57 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
me! i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song.
I love it. Those la la las remind me of a Kirwan song.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac- Record Album Signed by all 5 Band Members
$399.99
Fleetwood Mac- Record Album Signed by all 5 Band Members pictureFleetwood Mac hand signed autographed 8X10 photograph
$179.95
Fleetwood Mac hand signed autographed 8X10 photograph picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved