Starshine:

Moonlight:

Stand Back:

Gold Dust Woman:

Edge Of Seventeen:

Rhiannon:

Landslide:

Outro:

----------> Like before I'm going to add new videos to this post so keep checking it out

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-09-2017 at 04:21 AM..
Old 03-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold Tour, San Diego Viejas Arena
March 2, 2017

Well, it was quite a night! Here are my thoughts…

We got to the venue around an hour before the gates opened. But that was ok because it gave us time to pick up our VIP tickets at the Will Call window without feeling stressed. After we got our tickets, we were just chilling out next to one of the radio station tents set up there. I recognized the DJ, Clint August from 101.5KGB (San Diego’s classic rock station). He and I have gone to a couple sporting events in San Diego. I introduced him to Kim, my wife. Kim told Clint the story of my proposal to her at this same venue in July 2013, when we were on stage with Mick Fleetwood before the Fleetwood Mac show that evening. We talked a little longer about some other things, and then Clint went back to doing his job in the tent. He came back over to us a little later and asked if we wouldn’t mind telling our proposal story LIVE on the air! So, I agreed. Kim wanted me to do all the talking. So, I told the story right into the mic, and Clint ended up getting Kim to say something as well. It was pretty cool!
Soon after that, it was time to go into the venue! We saw a few of our friends and walked in with them. We had 3rd row center seats, so I was looking forward to the “glory walk”, as I call it, to our seats. (Hey – we paid some dough for those after all!) They were perfect – right in front of Stevie’s mic! The stage was a little high, so any closer would’ve been neck-craning. I also noticed they weren’t allowing anyone to the very front unless you were in the front row, which they gave wristbands for.
The Pretenders opened for Stevie Nicks tonight. Chrissie Hynde’s voice hasn’t changed a bit – she sounded awesome. I noticed that her band seemed to be made up of hired musicians – 2 young guitar players, an older, been-in-the-business awhile drummer, and Prince’s keyboardist! When she introduced the keyboardist, I was like, Oh yeah! – They called that guy “The Doctor”! I remembered he used to wear scrubs on stage for his Prince gigs, and even in the Purple Rain movie. They had a great set.
After the Pretenders set was over, I knew we had about a 20-40 minute break while the crew set up for Stevie. I wanted to make a point to say Hi to Mary DeVitto, who is a friend of Stevie’s and is working as part of her tour crew. I found her over to the left of the stage and introduced myself and Kim to her. I didn’t talk to her long, as I didn’t want to keep her, but she was the nicest person. She reminded me of my mom, in a way. A very sweet lady.
Soon enough, the lights went down again and the Missing Persons “Destination Unknown” came on. It was time for Stevie! Waddy and the band came out on stage first and then Stevie walked onto the stage. She opened with “Gold and Braid” and the crowd was immediately into it. After that song, Stevie said she has spent a lot of time in San Diego lately, as her niece lives here now with her new baby. She was here from Dec 19 thru the Christmas holidays. She was surprised how cold it was then. She said she thought it would be more like a “California- Hawaii”. The set list was amazing, and she seemed to really enjoy performing every song – old and new. She talked a lot about each song, which I loved. When she talked about never giving up on your dreams she mentioned that we can all do it, no matter our age. She mentioned you can even get rich and buy a “big-ass house”! Kim and I cracked up at that, and at several other quips of hers throughout the night. Special standout songs for me: Gypsy, If You Were My Love, and OMG – Moonlight! During Gypsy, we waved back at Stevie when she waves and sings the verse, “you say hey, baby” and Stevie smiled at us. It’s always so surreal when she sings right to you. It about brings me into another weird universe or something….anyway.
If You Were My Love – one of my favorites from the 24k album. I loved that song at first listen. Moonlight was like a religious experience with the new live arrangement. I teared up during it. It was truly amazing. That song is my very favorite from the In Your Dreams album. It has several special meanings and memories for me. Stevie mentioned after she performed it that it is her favorite song. I took some pretty darn good photos and a couple video clips. I’ve posted a few on my Instagram account - @jkmaletic.
After the show ended, Stevie thanked us for being such a great audience, as she often does. But she added more to it this time, saying, “If I could take a photo of you all and put it in my journal tonight, I would.” She was very sincere too – I saw it in her face. She said they feed off of what the audience gives them and then they give it right back. She said we were awesome and that she meant it. Dang near made me tear up again. I asked one of my friends, who has gone to several shows this tour about the “taking a photo” of us comment and she said she hadn’t heard her say that before. I hope a video surfaces of her closing comments. Another thing I noticed - there were 3 mics on the stage facing out toward the audience. A friend of mine said she hadn't seen mics at other shows. I know that's usually done for taping purposes - I hope so anyway!
Oh, Stevie also mentioned that she had a friend in San Diego named “Jamie” – was she talking about ME??!!
LOL.

Jamie
Old 03-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Intro:

Rhiannon:

Still rocking in that sexy black Rhiannon chiffon! Never thought I'd see it when Stevie is pushing 70! GO STEVIE!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Still rocking in that sexy black Rhiannon chiffon! Never thought I'd see it when Stevie is pushing 70! GO STEVIE!
Yes, she definitely wasn't kidding when she said that she'd be still singing Rhiannon 'till her seventies.

I've added new videos both for this and the Portland show.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-04-2017 at 07:01 AM..
Old 03-04-2017, 06:25 AM

Review Stevie Nicks and her stories at Viejas Arena

There’s a fine line that separates telling stories between songs and letting the music speak for itself. Last night at Viejas Arena, Stevie Nicks was on the wrong side of that line.

Sure, it’s fun to hear that “Every time that big black limo came to pick me up (to go out on tour), that would be the end of a relationship.” Or that one of her first Bella Donna-era shawls cost her a fortune, but at least, according to her frugal mother, she bought silk chiffon, which would last forever (as was proven when Nicks put it on mid-show).

But, when you go to a Stevie Nicks concert, it’s her captivating, raspy singing voice — the one that has been reeling in fans for nearly 50 years — you want to hear most of all. And that’s not what happened Thursday night.

The highlight of the night turned out to be the opening act. The Pretenders — with Chrissie Hynde, one of the two remaining survivors of the original Pretenders, at the helm — rocked the arena. The band took the stage at 7:15 p.m. and roared through 15 songs in its hour-and-15-minute set.

As for stories in between songs? There was just one.

Hynde told the audience that she and the band took a bus from their hotel to Hillcrest (which was met with a roar of applause). “I always like to get on the bus to see if there’s someone who can recognize me,” she said.

Hynde and the band members stopped in to pick up some vinyl at Record City (“Because vinyl is final!” she shouted), and she was particularly impressed by the healthy juice bars and vegetarian restaurant offerings in the area. “But it’s still not as great as my hometown — Akron, Ohio,” she said with a laugh.

While The Pretenders were the opening act, they aren’t just any opening act. The Pretenders, like Nicks, is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee band, and from opening song “Alone” to “I’ll Stand by You” to set-closer “Brass In Pocket,” they held true to the fact that they’re “gonna make you, make you, make you notice.”

As for Nicks’ musical performance, she stated from the beginning that it wasn’t going to be the traditional show she’s done a million times. Her 18-song set, which started at 8:45 p.m. and ended at 11 p.m., was mostly music from her solo albums, peppered with some Fleetwood Mac favorites, including the two encore songs of “Rhiannon” and “Landslide.” Many of those Nicks played came from what she called her “gothic trunk of lost songs.”

Probably the most powerful of the night was “Stand Back,” a song Nicks wrote to the melody of Prince’s “Little Red Corvette” and for which he played some of the musical track for on the 1983 “The Wild Heart” album version.

But, of course, it was an acoustic guitar and “Landslide” that pulled the whole show together. A song Nicks said she has tried over and over to walk away from the stage without playing remains a continual fan favorite, it continues to be a part of every show. Arms locking together and warm embraces could be seen among the diverse, multi-generational audience members — a sign that Nicks, even with all of her stories, can unite an audience and end on a high note.

Stevie Nicks setlist

1. Gold and Braid

2. If Anyone Falls

3. Stop Dragging My Heart Around (played with Chrissie Hynde)

4. Belle Fleur

5. Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac song)

6. Wild Heart

7. Bella Donna

8. Enchanted

9. New Orleans

10. Starshine

11. Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream)

12. Stand Back

13. Crying in the Night (Buckingham Nicks song)

14. If You Were My Love

15. Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac song)

16. Edge of Seventeen

Encore:

17. Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac song)

18. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac song)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...303-story.html
Old 03-04-2017, 06:35 AM

Ladies and gentlemen ... Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders!

Our very own DJs Dan Noon and Robin Roth had the pleasure of attending Thursday night's concert featuring Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders. Here's what they had to see and say about their night!

I was so excited about seeing this show. My first time at a Stevie Nicks concert and expectations were pretty high. Needless to say, I was not disappointed!

While she was onstage, Stevie told us that she has been spending quite a bit of time in San Diego lately aside from her show here. She was in our fine city during Christmas and New Years with family because her niece Jessie just had a baby. Congrats to them! - Robin

------------

It was a full house, and not a tear was left un-shed during a powerful performance from Stevie Nicks' Rockin' 24 Karat Gold Tour at Viejas Arena. - Dan

Stevie Nicks Setlist (**Encore):

Gold and Braid
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (w/ Chrissie Hynde)
Belle Fleur
Gypsy
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Enchanted
New Orleans
Starshine
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
Stand Back
Crying in the Night
If You Were My Love
Gold Dust Woman
Edge of Seventeen
Rhiannon**
Landslide**

Stevie played a wonderful 2-set encore w) Fleetwood Mac staples in "Rhiannon" and "Landslide," but it was her vault of predominantly unreleased solo material that set the stage for a unique evening on the Mesa. She's an incredible storyteller and regardless if she needed a teleprompter to tell her stories, she's a natural. She spoke of meetings with Tom Petty, Prince and Jimmy Iovine, among others, that were captivating. - Dan

Favorites of mine included "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" - Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders (who opened for Stevie) singing Tom Petty's part, "New Orleans" (a song attributed to those suffering from Hurricane Katrina and how we would stay strong in the end), "Starshine," and weirdly enough "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)". The last one is one of Stevie's personal favorites and it's related to a relationship she had in the past yet similar to Twilight. - Dan

[The Pretenders didn't allow photos but that didn't include their set list!]

This was my third time seeing The Pretenders. I thought the first two albums were well represented, but was surprised we didn't hear Precious or Tattooed Love Boys. All in all, I thought the set list was great! - Robin

------------

The Pretenders rocked the house with great ease. The trifecta of "Hymn for Her," "Back on the Chain Gang," and "I'll Stand By You," anchored by "Middle of the Road," and "Brass in Pocket," capped off an incredible night. Chrissie mentioned that she and the band loved visiting Bluestocking Books, as well as Record City in Hillcrest. She said "one can never have enough books and records, especially because VINYL is FINAL!"

If you were there, I'd love to hear how you liked it. Hit me up on Twitter (@highnoon619).

BONUS FROM DAN

I got to see Shirley Manson from Garbage walk by me a few times. That was a kick-ass moment. - Dan Noon

BONUS FROM ROBIN

Dan forgot to mention the fabulous white boots that Shirley Manson was wearing. She sat a few rows behind me and after the show, got whisked away backstage. Oh to be a fly on that wall. Three of my favorite female singers. Stevie Nicks, Chrissie Hynde and Shirley Manson.

I was reminiscing with my friend Julie Black about the show The Pretenders did at Golden Hall many years ago. Bow Wow opened the concert. Chrissie was so bad-ass. She got angry at a guy in the mosh pit and booted him right in the face. The crowd went wild. Those were the days my friends.

Lets compare show notes - @robin_roth on Instagram and Twitter. ♥ - Robin

------------

Shirley Manson posted a photo from the concert on Garbage's Instagram page.

She captioned the photo, "Last night, in San Diego, I finally met the legend that is Stevie Nicks. She said things, such sweet, lovely things to me that it brought tears to my eyes. I might never fully recover my equilibrium."

http://www.kfmbfm.com/story/34658085...the-pretenders
Old 03-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting these amazing videos.
Interesting to hear her keep talking about her loyalty to Fleetwood Mac. Maybe she has a guilt complex? It just seems to get heavier with every concert
Old 03-04-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting these amazing videos.
Interesting to hear her keep talking about her loyalty to Fleetwood Mac. Maybe she has a guilt complex? It just seems to get heavier with every concert
Probably she's just teasing something about the future, like the festivals they'll play this summer. They may add some dates after those.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where does this "Rockin' 24 Karat Gold Tour" moniker keep coming from?
Old 03-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
The Pretenders opened for Stevie Nicks tonight. Chrissie Hynde’s voice hasn’t changed a bit – she sounded awesome. I noticed that her band seemed to be made up of hired musicians – 2 young guitar players, an older, been-in-the-business awhile drummer,
Jamie
That's Martin Chambers founding member of The Pretenders!
Old 03-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That's Martin Chambers founding member of The Pretenders!
Oh, ok. Thanks. Learn something new every day.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yayy!! The second to last Landslide posted on this thread has more of the sweet comments she made at the end of the show. Thanks to whoever is posting hese. I shot only clips, as I was too close to want to have to deal with shooting video as i was dancing and stuff. Hoping for one to pop up for IYWML....

Jamir
Old 03-08-2017, 04:10 PM

When Stevie Nicks Stopped In San Diego, She Belted Out “Gold Dust Woman” Like Nobody’s Bussiness

The Queen Doing What She Does Best!

To tell you that Stevie Nicks stole the show at any place and/or time wouldn’t exactly be news. Whatever Stevie Nicks does is pretty much amazing by default, right? Over the span of decades, Stevie Nicks has proven that she is one of the most iconic and most influential rock singers of all time. With a style and charisma like no other, she is often imitated, but never duplicated. She is one of the best, pure and simple.

Over the past few months, she has been embarking on her full length tour going city to city melting the hearts of her fans with her timeless singing and songs. Whenever she takes to the stage she does it with beauty and grace. Here’s the proof.

What you’re about to watch is a video in which Stevie Nicks takes to the stage in San Diego, California to sing her iconic song Gold Dust Woman. To put it simply, as always, Stevie Nicks puts on an absolute clinic. See for yourself!

http://societyofrock.com/when-stevie...dys-bussiness/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-08-2017 at 04:28 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 07:10 AM

Return of the Gold Dust Woman
Stevie Nicks and Pretenders pack the house at Viejas

Stevie Nicks fans waited in anticipation for months after an extension of Nicks's 2016 tour was announced last fall. When her show arrived in San Diego at SDSU’s Viejas Arena on March 2, the performers were met with a packed house. After an opening set by Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders that was full of hits like “Brass in Pocket” and “Talk of the Town,” the Gold Dust Woman appeared in her Bella Donna cape for a marathon concert that was sprinkled with Fleetwood Mac staples (including fan favorites “Gold Dust Woman” and "Rhiannon”) but composed mostly of solo material. Nicks performed her favorites throughout the night, calling Hynde back to the stage to share vocals for "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around,” Nicks’s first song with Tom Petty from 1981.

Nicks's voice is remarkably similar to the pure, gravelly vocals that graced her debut solo record nearly 36 years ago. The stadium cheered as Nicks sang and narrated her songs, especially when the time came to end the more than two-hour-long set with a "Landslide" encore. We're getting older, too, but Nicks sings as if the 1970s were only yesterday.

Concert: Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders
Date: March 2
Venue: SDSU Viejas Arena
Seats: Section B, Aisle 24, Seat 9

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2...d-dust-woman/#
Old 03-15-2017, 07:02 AM

Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde Continue Soaring Together

Stevie Nicks’ 24 Karat Gold tour began its next leg in February and is continuing to distinguish itself as one of the most unique (and popular) arena tours in recent memory.

A lot of that has to do with the skillful storytelling ability of Nicks. As I wrote after seeing this show last December at the Forum in Los Angeles, the anecdotal tales that set up the many deep cuts in the show give Nicks an opportunity to share little-known stories that give the songs deep color and context. Comfortable and compelling as she takes the audience along on her journey, the arena environment at once becomes intimate. The stories are funny and poignant and inspirational. Blending obscure nuggets (including the marvelous “Crying in the Night” from the Buckingham Nicks album) with emotionally charged classics like “Stand Back” and “Gypsy,” this show presses many emotional buttons, and Nick’s personal, girlish charms as the evening’s main draw create many memorable moments.

But at the recent San Diego show I witnessed, just like in December, what sets the performance up is a breathtaking opening set by the Pretenders, of course featuring, Chrissie Hynde. Still scrappy, tough and post punk glamorous, Hynde is an important counterpoint to Nicks. Her muscular, no-nonsense attitude still resonates just like it did in 1980 when much of the world became aware of her. Sure she has softened a bit, but not that much. And many of the songs still pack the same sneer and snarl that they did more than 30 years ago, thanks to Hynde’s authenticity and street smart purity.

One of the evening’s most remarkable moments is when Chrissie joins Stevie to duet on the Nicks/Petty standard, “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around.” In that moment, the magic of this tour is crystallized. In and industry dominated by male front men and supporting superstars, how refreshing it is to see two women at center stage, as captivating and appealing as any of their male counterparts. In their own different ways, these two women have done as much for music as any others in history. Though stylistically different, both have remained true to themselves and their music. Both have trail blazed paths. Both of them represent the sort of integrity in the business that you rarely see anymore.

They are both more than just legends. They are pioneers.

At the end of the song, the audience erupts, perhaps not just for the song, but for the two careers that have ignited so many proverbial sparks over the years. You have to wonder if the two women won’t develop a short set to play on stage together, singing each other’s songs and telling stories.

Regardless of whether that happens or not though, this tour only gets better and stronger as it rolls along. It’s a rare opportunity to watch two women who both, after decades, are still functioning at the top of their game. Neither of them have fought age. Rather, they both seem to have embraced it; proud of who they are, what they do and where they have been.

How lucky we are to have them.

Remaining tour dates can be seen here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02b847ccaa9be