Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New York, New York: December 1, 2016 Stevie Nicks

The night before the show, November 30th, the big Christmas Tree lighting in Rockefeller Center is scheduled between 7PM-9PM EST. Catch it on NBC. Scheduled guests include: "Neil Diamond, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Kelly, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, Dolly Parton, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Jordan Smith, and the Radio City Rockettes.

Surprise guest appearances of celebrities can also be expected. The event will be hosted by Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, and Hoda Kotb." NBC also offers live streaming of the event.

It's a great time to be in NYC! Having Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde there at this time of year? Amazing!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 AM
llb

Bet Sarah is going to see Stevie. I actually still need two tix to MSG.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of those performances are pre-taped. The tree lighting is not.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to see her on tomorrow nights Rockefeller Center show.She could sing Silent Night.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Ledgie

For anyone going to the show who wants even more... Fleetmac Wood party in Brooklyn this Friday nite! These are the DJs who curate a 4 hour Mac dance party, nothing but remixes and edits of original FM and solo tracks. I went back in May and had a great time.

Event info: https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?885757
Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope everyone going to the NY show has a great time. I decided one show was enough for this tour and sold my ticket.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
For anyone going to the show who wants even more... Fleetmac Wood party in Brooklyn this Friday nite! These are the DJs who curate a 4 hour Mac dance party, nothing but remixes and edits of original FM and solo tracks. I went back in May and had a great time.

Event info: https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?885757
I am DYING to goto one of these events, but alas, I am always on the wrong coast for wahtever is happening
Thank you for the info though!
*Ricoh*
Old 12-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and que the pics of Stevie and Chrissie Stop Draggin' hand clappin' pics........
Old 12-02-2016, 03:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

A couple quick notes:

STEVIE SOLD OUT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!
(that's not just my perception- it was posted on the marquee of MSG)

Stevie has never looked better! (she's been working out and it shows- she kept mentioning having to check her Fitbit) She looked beautiful!

Chrissie Hynde, again, mentioned calling Stevie "Liz Taylor." It's clear Hynde really respects Stevie. She joked she would marry her! (and Hynde is pretty picky!)

Stevie's band was on fire, and it was clear that there was a lotta love in the room.

Lori Nicks was in the audience, and there was a pic of Lori flashed on the screen. (There was also a funny pic of Sharon pushing a piano across the stage).

The kids that performed Stevie's songs in the movie were there!

Landslide was in! MAJOR sing-along in NYC!

I'm trying to remember- other than with Fleetwood Mac, I don't think Stevie has performed in Manhattan since before 9/11, right? The show at Radio City was cancelled that year. A lot of New Yorkers have been waiting a long time for her return! Stevie made up for a lot of lost time there, and then some!

It's late. 3:21AM EST!
Old 12-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default nicks

did she add silent night yet?

/
Old 12-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
A couple quick notes:

STEVIE SOLD OUT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!
(that's not just my perception- it was posted on the marquee of MSG)

Stevie has never looked better! (she's been working out and it shows- she kept mentioning having to check her Fitbit) She looked beautiful!

Chrissie Hynde, again, mentioned calling Stevie "Liz Taylor." It's clear Hynde really respects Stevie. She joked she would marry her! (and Hynde is pretty picky!)

Stevie's band was on fire, and it was clear that there was a lotta love in the room.

Lori Nicks was in the audience, and there was a pic of Lori flashed on the screen. (There was also a funny pic of Sharon pushing a piano across the stage).

The kids that performed Stevie's songs in the movie were there!

Landslide was in! MAJOR sing-along in NYC!

I'm trying to remember- other than with Fleetwood Mac, I don't think Stevie has performed in Manhattan since before 9/11, right? The show at Radio City was cancelled that year. A lot of New Yorkers have been waiting a long time for her return! Stevie made up for a lot of lost time there, and then some!

It's late. 3:21AM EST!
Stevie last performed in NYC in 2012, at Beacon Theatre. It was a great show, but totally pales in comparison to last night. Wow. Truly incredibly. She was in great voice, and was just so clearly happy on stage. The (sold out) house was rocking. She did her best to shorten her stories because of a "strict venue curfew," but largely failed at the effort.

Landslide appears to be in the set now (she kicked it off by saying, "Waddy, hit it"), and I have to say, it's a great way to end the set. And amazing to hear a sold out MSG singing along.

Her tribut to the School of Rock kids was so sweet - and they were SO freaking excited. And the images of Sharon pushing the piano down the road and of Lori during the band intros were hilarious.

My one quibble: her performance of Moonlight is a bit less nuanced than it was at the beginning of the tour - it has a few less flourishes at the beginning of the song, and isn't as soft at the edges as it used to be. But still gorgeous.

Gotta say, as much as I love FM, I wouldn't be angry if she extended her solo time well into 2017.

Heading to Chicago today to see her tomorrow night - can't wait!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So the show was sold out. The capacity for concerts at MSG is 20,000. She sold 20,000 tickets? Really? That's incredible. Did they shut some parts of the seating off? That's unbelievable.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
So the show was sold out. The capacity for concerts at MSG is 20,000. She sold 20,000 tickets? Really? That's incredible. Did they shut some parts of the seating off? That's unbelievable.
From what I could tell, even the upper, upper levels were packed. It was truly amazing. Took us almost a half-hour to get in, far longer than I've ever experienced.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Ledgie

Heart

I have been to five Fleetwood Mac concerts and five Stevie Nicks concerts since the late 80's, and last night was the best performance of them all. We all agreed you could feel the love in the room. Stevie is performing her legacy work, and I can't imagine how she won't rest after this tour, then join in and finish the last Fleetwood Mac album. She is in the best form I have ever seen her in. When she told the story of Buckingham Nicks and, specifically, 'Crying in the Night' (which they performed beautifully, 43 years after they first sang it together), I held up my 1973 print of the Buckingham Nicks album (yes, I brought it...), and Stevie pointed me out of the crowd (we were 6th row center), and said, "...and there's the record right there, looking at me..." ...and, yes, in that moment of connection, I was starstruck. Completely. Stevie had spoken throughout the show that they were on a time schedule so she could sing and also talk about the music (it was like Storytellers), but she was not rushed. She was strong and confident and grateful from beginning to end. They played 'Enchanted', which I wasn't expecting / we loved 'Gold and Braid' to open / the story of 'New Orleans' was magnificent, and now I see why it's in the set / added 'Landslide' to close, and, yes, we all sang with her / Marilyn Martin joined Sharon Celani on backup, both amazing / the Prince story and tribute was moving, the White-winged Dove / the Wild Heart and Bella Donna performed was sublime / and 'Moonlight' was reworked masterfully. The Pretenders were absolutely brilliant, and kicked ass for a tight 16 song set, and then had excellent chemistry with Stevie singing 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around.' No 'Silent Night', STEVEHEDRICK, though that would have been awesome. All the players and the staff at Madison Square Garden were outstanding as always. If you don't have the newly released remasters of 'Bella Donna' and 'The Wild Heart' as well as the new Pretenders album, "Alone', get them immediately. We called on Stevie for magic last night, and she delivered; telling her stories and encouraging us with words of wisdom. Stevie thanked us throughout for listening to her songs and letting her sing to us to bring us in, however we interpret that. She told us, "...you just can't tragedy out, you have to have hope," and, "Don't take in all the negativity out there, just listen to the music!" Thank you, Stevie. We're listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33vsPiqqGA

Stevie points me out holding my Buckingham Nicks album at 6:19.

Last edited by SeanJT; 12-02-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJT View Post
I have been to five Fleetwood Mac concerts and five Stevie Nicks concerts since the late 80's, and last night was the best performance of them all. We all agreed you could feel the love in the room. Stevie is performing her legacy work, and I can't imagine how she won't rest after this tour, then join in and finish the last Fleetwood Mac album. She is in the best form I have ever seen her in. When she told the story of Buckingham Nicks and, specifically, 'Crying in the Night' (which they performed beautifully, 43 years after they first sang it together), I held up my 1973 print of the Buckingham Nicks album (yes, I brought it...), and Stevie pointed me out of the crowd (we were 6th row center), and said, "In fact, there it is!" ...and, yes, in that moment of connection, I was starstruck. Completely. Stevie had spoken throughout the show that they were on a time schedule so she could sing and also talk about the music (it was like Storytellers), but she was not rushed. She was strong and confident and grateful from beginning to end. They played 'Enchanted', which I wasn't expecting / we loved 'Gold and Braid' to open / the story of 'New Orleans' was magnificent, and now I see why it's in the set / added 'Landslide' to close, and, yes, we all sang with her / and 'Moonlight' was reworked masterfully. The Pretenders were absolutely brilliant, and kicked ass for a tight 16 song set, and then had excellent chemistry with Stevie singing 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around.' No 'Silent Night', STEVEHEDRICK, though that would have been awesome. All the players and the staff at Madison Square Garden were outstanding as always. If you don't have the newly released remasters of 'Bella Donna' and 'The Wild Heart' as well as the new Pretenders album, "Alone', get them immediately. We called on Stevie for magic last night, and she delivered; telling her stories and encouraging us with words of wisdom. Stevie thanked us throughout for listening to her songs and letting her sing to us to bring us in, however we interpret that. She told us, "...you just can't tragedy out, you have to have hope," and, "Don't take in all the negativity out there, just listen to the music!" Thank you, Stevie. We're listening.
ZOMG how cool! I had wondered if it was a Ledgie!