The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-16-2016, 11:30 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

It's possible to answer the question without insulting anyone, either on this board or in the band.

Apparently, some people here are po'ed at Stevie because they think she's being selfish for not working on a new FM album.

The rest of the band COULD release a FM album with just Lindsey, Christine, John, and Mick; however, I believe that the band and record label are concerned that without Stevie, the album would sell about the same as a solo Lindsey Buckingham album. Maybe it would sell better than that, but I think that's a concern for them. Certainly the band doesn't want this album to tank like Time did, they want an album with the name Fleetwood Mac to sell AT LEAST as well as Say You Will. At least.

I would love an album with all 5 members, but I would still buy it without Stevie. I was disappointed when Lindsey left the band, but I ended up loving Behind the Mask. But I certainly didn't resent him for not making another album with the band. He had his reasons, so who was I to judge?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-16-2016, 11:38 AM
olive olive is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 2,615
Default

why is it a different in opinion is automatically HATE ? /Hater ? ( the word hater is the one thing to surpass edge walk ,that i actually hate
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-16-2016, 11:59 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
the word hater is the one thing to surpass edge walk ,that i actually hate
But now that makes you a hater, what will you do?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-16-2016, 01:03 PM
olive olive is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
But now that makes you a hater, what will you do?
pass the blame to someone else
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-16-2016, 02:39 PM
shackin'up's Avatar
shackin'up shackin'up is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bemmel/lowlands
Posts: 6,912
Default

I don't hate Stevie. At all. I've just had it with her because of the fact she does not join in on the album after Christine returned. I simply don't understand.

The fact that they have not brought out the album under FM name is probably because they contracted the name to Mick John Stevie and Lindsey in the last decade. Not just for the money: selling records does not smoke their chimney anymore. And the tour is already contracted, that is the moneymaker.

The fact that Stevie does not join in is holding them hostage in being a real Fleetwood Mac with new work.

Don't Forget: they recorded everything with Stevie's voice in mind. It is simply very disappointing that she leaves them hanging. That does not make me hate Stevie, that makes me hate her behaviour. Blerghh.
__________________
..........................................................................................





Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-16-2016, 03:18 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
why is it a different in opinion is automatically HATE ? /Hater ? ( the word hater is the one thing to surpass edge walk ,that i actually hate
It's the rudeness used to describe band members that I'm referring to as hate or negativity, not a difference of opinion. There are examples on this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-16-2016, 03:26 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
The fact that they have not brought out the album under FM name is probably because they contracted the name to Mick John Stevie and Lindsey in the last decade. Not just for the money: selling records does not smoke their chimney anymore. And the tour is already contracted, that is the moneymaker.

The fact that Stevie does not join in is holding them hostage in being a real Fleetwood Mac with new work.
I don't think there's any contractual issue involved at all. There wasn't when Lindsey left after Tango or when Stevie left after Behind the Mask. Plus, even if there was a contract in the last decade, as you say, then Stevie would HAVE to record with them. Steve's not keeping them from releasing an album as Fleetwood Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-16-2016, 04:01 PM
~*BellaDonna*~'s Avatar
~*BellaDonna*~ ~*BellaDonna*~ is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 914
Default

As with other Ledgies, I too, am quite frustrated with her shenanigans and we have the right to express our opinions. But, some seem to go above and beyond what is necessary, especially the childish name calling that so many think is funny. -NEWS FLASH- it really isn't that funny, it's immature internet behaviour coming from adults, which is just sad.
__________________
Worrying about today only takes away tomorrow's peace.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-16-2016, 05:27 PM
Andrew Smith Andrew Smith is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 110
Default

Christine said in an interview recently with BBC Radio 2 that a Fleetwood Mac tour for 2017 was definite and everything was signed on the dotted line (as she worded it).

Am I to presume that this tour will feature Stevie, even though she currently seems to be off doing her own thing and there are rumours (sorry for the pun) that she is currently reluctant to work with Fleetwood Mac?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-2016, 05:33 PM
shackin'up's Avatar
shackin'up shackin'up is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bemmel/lowlands
Posts: 6,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't think there's any contractual issue involved at all. There wasn't when Lindsey left after Tango or when Stevie left after Behind the Mask. Plus, even if there was a contract in the last decade, as you say, then Stevie would HAVE to record with them. Steve's not keeping them from releasing an album as Fleetwood Mac.
You can contract the name without contracting releases. They could have done that after Lindsey returned, and morphed his Gift Of Screws in Say You Will.
__________________
..........................................................................................





Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-16-2016, 05:46 PM
olive olive is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's the rudeness used to describe band members that I'm referring to as hate or negativity, not a difference of opinion. There are examples on this thread.
i don't interpret it that way i see it as an opinion from someone i have no idea who they are and if if feels like pot stirring i laugh and move on and don't feed into it
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-16-2016, 05:59 PM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
Christine said in an interview recently with BBC Radio 2 that a Fleetwood Mac tour for 2017 was definite and everything was signed on the dotted line (as she worded it).

Am I to presume that this tour will feature Stevie, even though she currently seems to be off doing her own thing and there are rumours (sorry for the pun) that she is currently reluctant to work with Fleetwood Mac?
Stevie has even said she will do the tour. She has declined to work in the studio with the band, however.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't think there's any contractual issue involved at all. There wasn't when Lindsey left after Tango or when Stevie left after Behind the Mask. Plus, even if there was a contract in the last decade, as you say, then Stevie would HAVE to record with them. Steve's not keeping them from releasing an album as Fleetwood Mac.
Plus, Christine says releasing an album without Stevie is a possibility. She said they hope to be done with the songs they have by the end of the year while also keeping the door open for Stevie should she have a change of heart.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-16-2016, 07:47 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Which already booked solo Lindsey tour are you referring to? Is this 2003 or 2013 or an altogether different year that he did this?
1987. At least Lindsey left them with an album to tour with. And he didn't leave to promote his solo album, which didn't even come out until 1992, five years after he bailed.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-16-2016, 08:11 PM
fleetwoodguy79's Avatar
fleetwoodguy79 fleetwoodguy79 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
Christine said in an interview recently with BBC Radio 2 that a Fleetwood Mac tour for 2017 was definite and everything was signed on the dotted line (as she worded it).

Am I to presume that this tour will feature Stevie, even though she currently seems to be off doing her own thing and there are rumours (sorry for the pun) that she is currently reluctant to work with Fleetwood Mac?
Release it without Stevie, tour it, and have her leave the stage when the new songs are played!

That won't damage her ego; not in the slightest.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Autographed FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours CD Jacket Graded PSA/DNA
$179.99
MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Autographed FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours CD Jacket Graded PSA/DNA pictureMick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved