The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2016, 07:56 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 516
Default Now Stevie has announced her tour, it all makes sense ...or not?

Does everyone believe the dribs and drabs of Fleetwood Mac news since the tour now make sense, with the announcement of Stevie's solo tour with The Pretenders?

So she wants to make an album.
She just wanted to tour 24 KG first and to further promote the commercial disappointment (but quite good) album In Your Dreams.
Then Fleetwood Mac?

I skimmed the article and I will read it word for word sometime today hopefully, maybe tonight after work.

Is the above correct?
We get a new album once Stevie's solo commitments are done?

Or is that still in doubt, with a tour likely but an album unlikely by this band?

Thanks.

Cheers

James
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:04 PM
AlexD AlexD is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 244
Default

There has been no indication of her working or wanting to work with FM for an album I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:28 PM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
There has been no indication of her working or wanting to work with FM for an album I guess.
Exactly. Not only that, Stevie states she won't be returning to Fleetwood Mac for two years. Even then, it will only be for touring.
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:32 PM
AlexD AlexD is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Exactly. Not only that, Stevie states she won't be returning to Fleetwood Mac for two years. Even then, it will only be for touring.
I don't think she said two years did she?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:37 PM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I don't think she said two years did she?
The third paragraph in the NY Times article she states she has two years off until FM wants her back.
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:39 PM
AlexD AlexD is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The third paragraph in the NY Times article she states she has two years off until FM wants her back.
God I hope Lindsey does a solo tour
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:44 PM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
God I hope Lindsey does a solo tour
Truth. We now know he has the time!
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:45 PM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Exactly. Not only that, Stevie states she won't be returning to Fleetwood Mac for two years. Even then, it will only be for touring.
Yeah but I think she was referring to 2016 and most of 2017 as the 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
God I hope Lindsey does a solo tour
Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Truth. We now know he has the time!
yes!

gotta love this quote for all the peeps who were so adamantly holding on to her talk about new FM album -

I just woke up one morning and said, I have two years off before Fleetwood Mac comes knocking on my door. Why would I want to sit around and do nothing?
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
God I hope Lindsey does a solo tour
And, Mick, John, Christine, and Rick should do a Fleetwood-McVie Blues Band tour.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-06-2016, 09:01 PM
AlexD AlexD is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes!

gotta love this quote for all the peeps who were so adamantly holding on to her talk about new FM album -

I just woke up one morning and said, I have two years off before Fleetwood Mac comes knocking on my door. Why would I want to sit around and do nothing?
I can't say why Lindsey wouldn't say the same thing
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2016, 10:27 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Does everyone believe the dribs and drabs of Fleetwood Mac news since the tour now make sense, with the announcement of Stevie's solo tour with The Pretenders?

So she wants to make an album.
She just wanted to tour 24 KG first and to further promote the commercial disappointment (but quite good) album In Your Dreams.
Then Fleetwood Mac?

I skimmed the article and I will read it word for word sometime today hopefully, maybe tonight after work.

Is the above correct?
We get a new album once Stevie's solo commitments are done?

Or is that still in doubt, with a tour likely but an album unlikely by this band?

Thanks.

Cheers

James
She's just a damn liar. I have time off why would I want to sit around????? WFT you just said you needed time off! Used to love her....can't STAND her.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-2016, 10:46 PM
editme2 editme2 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She's just a damn liar. I have time off why would I want to sit around????? WFT you just said you needed time off! Used to love her....can't STAND her.
I love Stevie, but this is true.... I don't ever want to hear Stevie say she's tired and needs a break again. She can't sit still. She gets bored. She needs the energy of an audience. God love her for her work ethic. It's just disingenuous, and unfair to her Fleetwood Mac-mates, to say that she can't commit to making an album because she needs a break. Just be honest, Stevie: you want to focus on your solo work. Good for you. Just don't lie about your intentions.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

I'm glad to see her out but my gripe is how come she delayed it to freaking cold winter instead of doing a tour this summer.Also not happy because its a combo tour.I hope that the Pretenders setlist is short and sweet.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-07-2016, 01:11 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 545
Default

I actually think we should cut Stevie a bit of slack, here.
2013 Fleetwood Mac world tour...starts April ended October 2013
January 2014 it is announced Christine is to return to the fold..
huge "on with the show" tour commences September 2014 and tours until November 2015.
Stevie releases 24Karat Gold in September 2014...but due to "On with the show", she never gets to promote her new Album.
Stevie finally gets to promote 24Karat in 2016....What is what she wanted to do after its release.....she put this on hold until now.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureSam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person
$12.95
Sam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved