The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 12-10-2015, 10:57 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Stevie's hand placement...:laugh
It's nearing the 2 O'clock hour.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-11-2015, 01:02 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Stevie's hand placement...
And Christine has the backside. lol
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-11-2015, 03:53 PM
bsavi4's Avatar
bsavi4 bsavi4 is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
TOTALLY agree.....I don't think we'll see the FM album until late 2016 or early 2017.....remember, 2017 is the band's 50th anniversary, so it only makes sense that they would release the album and do another tour. That gives Stevie a good portion of 2016 to do her solo thing and get it out of her system! There WILL be another FM album with all 5 members....maybe not as soon as some would like, but it WILL happen!
That's what I've come to expect. 2017 album and tour (band's 50th, Rumours's 40th, Tango's 30th, Dance's 20th anniversaries). I just hope all of this pressure for new material from fans doesn't cause the band to release another Say You Will type double album that sounds very disjoint and includes way too many poor songs that should have been scrapped. I'd prefer an 11 track album that flows nicely to an 18-20 track bloated double album that's crammed with filler for the sole purpose of getting as much new material out as possible. Even with Stevie just contributing a few vault songs, there should be enough quality material from the 3 to create a relatively even single album without any weak fillers.
__________________
"Now you are here today, but easily you might just go away." - Bob Welch
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-11-2015, 05:29 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
I just hope all of this pressure for new material from fans doesn't cause the band to release another Say You Will type double album that sounds very disjoint and includes way too many poor songs that should have been scrapped. I'd prefer an 11 track album that flows nicely to an 18-20 track bloated double album that's crammed with filler for the sole purpose of getting as much new material out as possible. Even with Stevie just contributing a few vault songs, there should be enough quality material from the 3 to create a relatively even single album without any weak fillers.
I respect your opinion but just wanted to say that to me SYW is a very good album and I am glad to have all those songs. I would always welcome another double album from FM.That's a whole slew new songs for us to enjoy the rest of our lives. Music that we deserve.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
That's what I've come to expect. 2017 album and tour (band's 50th, Rumours's 40th, Tango's 30th, Dance's 20th anniversaries). I just hope all of this pressure for new material from fans doesn't cause the band to release another Say You Will type double album that sounds very disjoint and includes way too many poor songs that should have been scrapped. I'd prefer an 11 track album that flows nicely to an 18-20 track bloated double album that's crammed with filler for the sole purpose of getting as much new material out as possible. Even with Stevie just contributing a few vault songs, there should be enough quality material from the 3 to create a relatively even single album without any weak fillers.
I don't think you have to worry about that....I think this album is VERY important to the members of the group, and I'm betting that they'll ALL bring their A game!!
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 12-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post


That's harsh.

People have to follow their own path in life. We each have our own route to happiness, and sometimes those paths cross, and sometimes they don't.

Think of the albums that might have been between 1987 and 1997, had Lindsey not walked out completely.

But again, we have to follow our own paths. No one else is going to put you first, but you.
Agreed....she's dedicated the last 40 years of her life to FM, pretty much running back to them whenever they called. I see nothing wrong with taking some time for herself...she's EARNED it!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I remember a new Eagles album being a big deal several years back, went on to be a big seller. As for Fleetwood Mac, I think if the right first single was chosen for AC and or Adult Top 40 stations, it could do well worldwide. Would be a good idea to release around the holidays. Sure, it won't sell Adele type numbers, but better than a Stevie solo album would sell. Out of all these fans around the world who paid to see these 5 in concert, I couldn't see the new album bombing.
I agree.....as hot as Fleetwood Mac is right now, if they stay in the public eye for the next year and build up anticipation for the album, I think it could be a MAJOR hit! (Finding a great label to back them will also be vital!).
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:54 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
That's what I've come to expect. 2017 album and tour (band's 50th, Rumours's 40th, Tango's 30th, Dance's 20th anniversaries). I just hope all of this pressure for new material from fans doesn't cause the band to release another Say You Will type double album that sounds very disjoint and includes way too many poor songs that should have been scrapped. I'd prefer an 11 track album that flows nicely to an 18-20 track bloated double album that's crammed with filler for the sole purpose of getting as much new material out as possible. Even with Stevie just contributing a few vault songs, there should be enough quality material from the 3 to create a relatively even single album without any weak fillers.
Makes sense... agree about SYW..
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-11-2015, 09:06 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Makes sense... agree about SYW..
syw is full of filler?!?!?!? i'm not talking to you ever again!!

just wondering, which songs people think are filler on syw?

i dislike and can't listen to most of Stevie's song on that album, but that's just my taste, i would never call those songs filler! something you don't like is not the same as filler.

well, maybe wtwict would be a filler for me on syw
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:15 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, maybe wtwct would be a filler for me on syw
I love that song.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:44 PM
PenguinHead's Avatar
PenguinHead PenguinHead is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I respect your opinion but just wanted to say that to me SYW is a very good album and I am glad to have all those songs. I would always welcome another double album from FM.That's a whole slew new songs for us to enjoy the rest of our lives. Music that we deserve.
I'm with you. Say You Will is a good album. Taking consideration to the dearth of the band's output in contrast to their longevity, I'm appreciative of anything they put out. Sure, Say You Will could be a tighter album if it was pared down. Some could say that about Tusk too. But they are what they are, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm hoping they record more songs than required (10 to 12) for a traditional album. There seems to to be a trend now of longer albums and/or bonus tracks.
__________________
Life passes before me like an unknown circumstance

Last edited by PenguinHead : 12-11-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-12-2015, 02:54 AM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Agreed....she's dedicated the last 40 years of her life to FM, pretty much running back to them whenever they called. I see nothing wrong with taking some time for herself...she's EARNED it!
Except when they want to enter the studio. Then she doesn't come running.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-12-2015, 02:55 AM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm with you. Say You Will is a good album. Taking consideration to the dearth of the band's output in contrast to their longevity, I'm appreciative of anything they put out. Sure, Say You Will could be a tighter album if it was pared down. Some could say that about Tusk too. But they are what they are, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm hoping they record more songs than required (10 to 12) for a traditional album. There seems to to be a trend now of longer albums and/or bonus tracks.
I think albums are shorter than they once were. At one time people tried to pack the CD to the brim and I think they've come away from that.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-12-2015, 05:37 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,185
Default

What's The World Coming To? is a terrific song. It was a good upbeat opener. When I first played it I thought 'hey this is pretty good, I'm quite relieved' (I was worried the album might have been a complete bummer). It's not the best song on the album but it certainly isn't the worst. I can't think how anyone would feel it to be 'filler'. Certainly the band didn't think so otherwise they wouldn't have opened with it. I'm not sure there are any songs that you could 100% describe as filler songs though you could probably strip out Red Rover, Come, Silver Girl and Goodbye Baby- that would have left a more concise, playable album. I'm sure there are plenty of people though, that will be in uproar that one or more of those songs are amongst their favourites.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-12-2015, 05:45 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
I'd prefer an 11 track album that flows nicely to an 18-20 track bloated double album that's crammed with filler for the sole purpose of getting as much new material out as possible.

If they have so much material and are likely to be recording more in the Spring I really hope they'd give us a 12 song album at the end of next year followed by a second one a short time later in 2017. That way they can shift some of the stuff thats been sitting on the shelf and still have 'new product' out in the big quinquagenary year.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE CHRIS NICKS MIDDLE FINGER
$49.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE CHRIS NICKS MIDDLE FINGER picture1978 Vintage Photo bass guitarist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac rock band posing
$30.0
1978 Vintage Photo bass guitarist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac rock band posing pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac pictureFLEETWOOD MAC ORIGINAL PHOTO Mac John Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks 1977 Band
$19.99
FLEETWOOD MAC ORIGINAL PHOTO Mac John Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks 1977 Band pictureJohn McVie of Fleetwood Mac Bikini Girls ORIGINAL 7x9 press photo #U6353
$9.99
John McVie of Fleetwood Mac Bikini Girls ORIGINAL 7x9 press photo #U6353 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved