The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 06-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Neb-Maat-Re's Avatar
Neb-Maat-Re Neb-Maat-Re is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Thanks for taking a look.
In retrospect I've been thinking that maybe this is a very misleading picture of Danny.
That's an interesting observation - how old would Danny's son have been at the time?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-23-2015, 01:52 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
That's an interesting observation - how old would Danny's son have been at the time?
I'm guessing the little boy in the picture would be too old to be Danny's son. He looks about 2 years old and this is late 1970. Danny wasnt even married until 1971 (I appreciate that doesnt necessarily mean anything).
But my word, that kid really does have Danny's hair though.

If the little boy is any of the band members' children it would most likely be Jeremy's eldest...Jez?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 157
Default

Went and found the Kiln House the other day. Although the road is private to vehicles, it's on a public footpath.

It really is an idyllic place with birds whistling and the stream flowing by as in the drawing - the peace is only shattered by the A31 running adjacent.

I saw a family going out and walking away so I took some crafty snaps, being careful not to get too close.

Now I've been to see both Benifold and Kiln House I can happily provide directions to both but probably shouldn't do anything too specific on here as it's publicly viewable.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-20-2015, 02:10 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Went and found the Kiln House the other day. Although the road is private to vehicles, it's on a public footpath.

It really is an idyllic place with birds whistling and the stream flowing by as in the drawing - the peace is only shattered by the A31 running adjacent.

I saw a family going out and walking away so I took some crafty snaps, being careful not to get too close.

Now I've been to see both Benifold and Kiln House I can happily provide directions to both but probably shouldn't do anything too specific on here as it's publicly viewable.

I recently wondered how similar it would look to the cover art and found a couple of images of it on-line.
It really does look very pretty. I wonder whether the occupents have a monthly Kiln House listening session?

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3466825
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
And the answer is:

Aileen!

Born Aileen Katie Mary HUGGETT, 1904, Eastbourn, Sussex

1st marriage: Alfred F Cager, Brighton, 1935

2nd marriage: Charles E Smith, Willesden, 1947

3rd marriage: Harry Scarrott, Surrey S W, 1966

Died: 1984, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.

So, the 3rd marriage for both Harry and Aileen.

Evidence can be provided on request.
Neb your discovery of Mrs S's first name has been mentioned in Uncut Magazine's Fleetwood Mac special edition! As the starter of this thread and the one who provided the information respectively, you and I can take a certain amount of pride in having made a bit of Mac lore public knowledge.

Our fandom is paying off!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Neb-Maat-Re's Avatar
Neb-Maat-Re Neb-Maat-Re is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 432
Default

Whack-o!

Is there any chance someone could post a copy of just that section that mentions this?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,187
Default

Saw a couple of pictures when I was randomly looking. Its interesting to see Benifolds now and then. It's looking slightly different;







clearly this image was shot at one of the top floor windows;



I'm certainly not a believer in ghosts but I bet it would have been a creepy house to live in nevertheless!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:52 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Saw a couple of pictures when I was randomly looking. Its interesting to see Benifolds now and then. It's looking slightly different;







clearly this image was shot at one of the top floor windows;



I'm certainly not a believer in ghosts but I bet it would have been a creepy house to live in nevertheless!
Danielle on her blog has a high quality version of the bottom photo (albeit in black and white):

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-03-2017, 02:55 PM
lazy poker lazy poker is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lahr (Germany)
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Danielle on her blog has a high quality version of the bottom photo (albeit in black and white):

. . . not exactly the very same shot - the papers on the floor are missing!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-03-2017, 02:58 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
. . . not exactly the very same shot - the papers on the floor are missing!
Oh true, and Mick's eyes are slightly on the left. I guess you'll have to settle for a picture without papers (Which now that I take a better look probably are music scores).
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-03-2017, 03:20 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Danielle on her blog has a high quality version of the bottom photo (albeit in black and white):


Is this some sort of photoshopped filter of the original photograph (or even a very high quality sketch)? I notice there's a line on the wall behind the band that's missing from the b&w. Also, Chris' left arm is in a different position on each pose.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-03-2017, 04:11 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Is this some sort of photoshopped filter of the original photograph (or even a very high quality sketch)? I notice there's a line on the wall behind the band that's missing from the b&w. Also, Chris' left arm is in a different position on each pose.
I think the line is just a "stain" of the colored picture.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-03-2017, 04:21 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think the line is just a "stain" of the colored picture.

Hmmm, you might be right but I'm not 100% convinced. Curious that the line stops exactly at the roof line at the top and Johns back at the bottom.
The window in particular looks like a drawing or painting to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-03-2017, 04:47 PM
nicepace nicepace is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The window in particular looks like a drawing or painting to me.
I see the effect you're talking about, but I think it's just "grain" on the photo. It was probably taken with high ASA film (the equivalent of today's ISO), which would have made the photo more grainy, and also enabled the photographer to shoot in lower light. They probably had film of around 1600 ASA available at that time. Who was the photographer?
__________________
-Joanne (from Cape Cod)
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-03-2017, 05:01 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I see the effect you're talking about, but I think it's just "grain" on the photo. It was probably taken with high ASA film (the equivalent of today's ISO), which would have made the photo more grainy, and also enabled the photographer to shoot in lower light. They probably had film of around 1600 ASA available at that time. Who was the photographer?
The Official Bob Weston website;

'This shot will be of interest to those familiar with the inside cover of "Mystery To Me". This was photographer Clive Arrowsmith's proof just prior to taking the final shots on a large-format camera. It shows that the session was staged in a loft room at Benifolds; the "Mystery To Me" cover print is very closely cropped and provides no such contextual clues'
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureSam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person
$12.95
Sam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved