The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post


How old are those photos? Is it just me, or does it look like that same black cold shoulder top is peeking out from under the wispy red jacket in the second one?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've long been curious about this as well. I wonder if Chris even listened to Say You Will- after all, this group of people is known to avoid each other's projects when not personally involved. I still think In The Meantime culled it's title as a reference to what Chris herself was doing while FM had moved on without her. I have zero evidence to support this theory, though.

I'm guessing we'll never hear anything from Say You Will live ever again.
She was asked this in an interview. She declined to say what the meaning was. She did mention it's not what we think it is.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM
wheart's Avatar
wheart wheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 2,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
How old are those photos? Is it just me, or does it look like that same black cold shoulder top is peeking out from under the wispy red jacket in the second one?
I think they're from 2009...
__________________

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:06 PM
bethelblues bethelblues is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 597
Default

Wow, in those photos of Stevie it looks like she is actually alone. I don't think she would ever do that in the United States, for fear of fan contact. She's written songs about how we terrify her. I wonder how the meet and greet experiences were like for the Say You Will Tour...she did do that then, right? She comes off as quite the talker in all her interviews; I'd hope there are a few fans at least who had Stevie chew their ears off.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-02-2014, 02:56 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Wow, in those photos of Stevie it looks like she is actually alone. I don't think she would ever do that in the United States, for fear of fan contact. She's written songs about how we terrify her. I wonder how the meet and greet experiences were like for the Say You Will Tour...she did do that then, right? She comes off as quite the talker in all her interviews; I'd hope there are a few fans at least who had Stevie chew their ears off.
I'm not Stevie Nicks and her fans terrify me. I concur, Stevie! lol
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-02-2014, 08:59 PM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've long been curious about this as well. I wonder if Chris even listened to Say You Will- after all, this group of people is known to avoid each other's projects when not personally involved. I still think In The Meantime culled it's title as a reference to what Chris herself was doing while FM had moved on without her. I have zero evidence to support this theory, though.

I'm guessing we'll never hear anything from Say You Will live ever again.
Unless its something Lindsey plays with just the boys. Red Rover, Come, and Bleed to Love Her made appearances on his past solo tours. I thought for sure BTLH was going to be in the 2013 set.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-02-2014, 09:03 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Wow, in those photos of Stevie it looks like she is actually alone. I don't think she would ever do that in the United States, for fear of fan contact. She's written songs about how we terrify her.
That's interesting, I never noticed or interpreted that. I'm sure I've missed it. This sheds new light on some of my song interpretations and I always LOVE IT when someone points out an interpretation that I missed. What songs have lyrics about fans terrifying or wanting too much? Alice? Juliet? Other Side of the Mirror tracks? Rock A Little (Go Ahead Lily)?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Wow, in those photos of Stevie it looks like she is actually alone. I don't think she would ever do that in the United States, for fear of fan contact. She's written songs about how we terrify her. I wonder how the meet and greet experiences were like for the Say You Will Tour...she did do that then, right? She comes off as quite the talker in all her interviews; I'd hope there are a few fans at least who had Stevie chew their ears off.
I would seriously doubt she was out totally alone. There would at least be Karen or some other person. They might be looking at something else somewhere in the store.

edited to say: Looking at that first picture more closely, the person she's talking to has some sort of black messenger /computer bag on…looks like a man and I would doubt someone working in the store would be walking around with a messenger bag. That just might be someone accompanying her.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-02-2014, 10:56 PM
PenguinHead's Avatar
PenguinHead PenguinHead is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Ha! Too funny.
I remember one time playing with the stuff with an old girlfriend a long time ago. At some point in the night....We wrote an email to Nabisco urging them to produce Double-Stuff Nutter Butters.
That's really funny! Back in my party days, cocaine allowed me to do things I would never do otherwise. I won't elaborate other than it made me less inhibited and a lot more socially ambitious. We didn't go out until 11 pm, so it kept me going. But it was of it's time; a passing phase. I have no regrets.
__________________
Life passes before me like an unknown circumstance
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 PM
nicole21290's Avatar
nicole21290 nicole21290 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I would seriously doubt she was out totally alone. There would at least be Karen or some other person. They might be looking at something else somewhere in the store.

edited to say: Looking at that first picture more closely, the person she's talking to has some sort of black messenger /computer bag on…looks like a man and I would doubt someone working in the store would be walking around with a messenger bag. That just might be someone accompanying her.
You're correct; Karen was there.



__________________

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-03-2014, 12:05 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
That's interesting, I never noticed or interpreted that. I'm sure I've missed it. This sheds new light on some of my song interpretations and I always LOVE IT when someone points out an interpretation that I missed. What songs have lyrics about fans terrifying or wanting too much? Alice? Juliet? Other Side of the Mirror tracks? Rock A Little (Go Ahead Lily)?
I remember when Stevie said she was tough and if a fan got out of hand she'd kick them with her boots or hit them with a tambourine. She said she wasn't as delicate as she looked. I know that was a long time ago, but I doubt that she is afraid of her fans, even when they get zealous. Whether she's right or wrong, I think she thinks she or the people around her can handle them. They probably make her mad when she thinks they have crossed the line or been rude, more than they make her afraid.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-03-2014, 02:12 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default



Seems Margi still has a problem using "@StevieNicks" in her tweets...
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Wdm6789 Wdm6789 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post


Seems Margi still has a problem using "@StevieNicks" in her tweets...


Who's Margi Kent?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-03-2014, 02:24 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Who's Margi Kent?
You're joking right?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Who's Margi Kent?
Margi Kent is a designer who has worked for decades with Stevie to make her stage clothes.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureSam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person
$12.95
Sam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved