The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #346  
Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post

I'm not typically someone who thinks huddled football players are talking about them, but based on the comment of Elle's that you were replying to, it seemed directed at me.
I replied directly to you when I said that I don't believe in "all or nothing". There are more people weighing in on this subject (as the silent votes in the poll show) than are just in this thread. I don't have to talk about you to someone else. I can respond to you, when the comment is just aimed at you.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 04-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Johnny Stew's Avatar
Johnny Stew Johnny Stew is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 12,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't have to talk about you to someone else. I can respond to you, when the comment is just aimed at you.
Good, I prefer it that way!
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
With the technology that exists today, there isn't a need for everyone to be physically in the studio.
There isn't a need for anyone to be physically in the studio. And as I said before, since they're all going on the road next fall, they should record new music on the road, just as they did with the 1980 Live album (sound checks and such) or as several of them have done on solo tours.

Why book studio time, Fleetwood Macsters? It's like herding cats. You're going to be with one another for several months touring. Record while you're at.
__________________
The Filmic I: Movie Notes
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 04-27-2014, 10:08 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I
If I've made it sound like I think they should all sit around and wait for Stevie for the next two or three years, I certainly didn't mean to.
yes, and the question in the poll was should they wait for Stevie, however long that may take. based on what you say above, your vote should be different from what you cast.

the question in my poll was pretty clear, and the options i provided were written as they were for a reason.

when people vote no, and tell me, but not "however long it takes", or tell me "it won't sell without SN" or my favorite so far since it's so far off the mark - "she's making FM relevant" therefore they should under no circumstances put an album out without her, they negate their vote right there.

and there's your "commercial viability" argument raised by a number of SN fans again. you were asking me why is that relevant to SN fans. i don't know why it is, but they certainly keep bringing it up.

according to these fans none of the struggling new bands should ever record and release an album since they are no "commercially viable" so why bother? warped logic. everybody should forget about BN album too, since it was not commercially viable, it tanked if the oft-repeated story is correct.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 04-27-2014, 10:13 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There isn't a need for anyone to be physically in the studio. And as I said before, since they're all going on the road next fall, they should record new music on the road, just as they did with the 1980 Live album (sound checks and such) or as several of them have done on solo tours.

Why book studio time, Fleetwood Macsters? It's like herding cats. You're going to be with one another for several months touring. Record while you're at.
because it's always like herding cats with this group of people and nothing happens? plus i'm sure some of the FM members would have yet another higher priority than FM album while on the road . and lastly, nobody likes your another greatest hits plus a couple of new songs suggestion, anyway.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 04-27-2014, 10:15 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and there's your "commercial viability" argument raised by a number of SN fans again. you were asking me why is that relevant to SN fans. i don't know why it is, but they certainly keep bringing it up.
Tusk wasn't commercially viable either. For FM right now, nothing is "commercially" viable except a tour and nobody's arguing that they don't need SN to tour. They obviously do.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 04-27-2014, 10:22 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why book studio time, Fleetwood Macsters? It's like herding cats. You're going to be with one another for several months touring. Record while you're at.
I can't even really understand what you mean. Are you saying that they should record the album during sound checks or something? They really don't have any free time to coalesce during the tour.

It's not like the old days when they were all hanging out in that one big dressing room, while on tour, endlessly communing. I don't think they can actually create together on the road -- although they could do so during a break after the first leg.

However, I agree with you that if they have some songs sketched out already, have a basic vocal arrangement and melody for them, that they could actually play them in concert, like in the old days when they did songs live before they were recorded. But we would need a rough draft of those songs to already exist. If they do, perform them in concert first and then release it on a live CD if the band never gets around to formally recording it.

Michele
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

c.1982 STEVIE NICKS HUGE 28 X 34 LARGE NEGATIVE GROUP RARE & UNUSUAL PHOTOS
$799.99
c.1982 STEVIE NICKS HUGE 28 X 34 LARGE NEGATIVE GROUP RARE & UNUSUAL PHOTOS pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood 1977 US Tour Fleetwood Mac Shirt with Ticket, Vintage Womens small
$325.0
1977 US Tour Fleetwood Mac Shirt with Ticket, Vintage Womens small  picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved