The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM
APerfectLie's Avatar
APerfectLie APerfectLie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,523
Default Songs playing before the shows.

So before the show in Houston, some acoustic guitar tracks played. I assume it was Lindsey on the guitar and I know one of the songs was Never Going Back Again, but then this song played and it sounds so familiar but I just cannot put my finger on what song it is. Any ideas?

http://amendswiththedeaf.tumblr.com/...-but-this-song
__________________
-John
www.twitter.com/aperfectlie226
www.facebook.com/aperfectlie226
www.amendswiththedeaf.tumblr.com/
You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn't mean you're defective - it just means you're human.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 AM
tilthefirefades's Avatar
tilthefirefades tilthefirefades is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sam's Town, Kentucky
Posts: 1,112
Default

I'm thinking Destiny Rules, but it sounds also like something else, I'm not sure what though...
__________________
Photobucket
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2013, 08:15 AM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,136
Default

Yeah, I think Destiny Rules.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 AM
juniper juniper is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
So before the show in Houston, some acoustic guitar tracks played. I assume it was Lindsey on the guitar and I know one of the songs was Never Going Back Again, but then this song played and it sounds so familiar but I just cannot put my finger on what song it is. Any ideas?

http://amendswiththedeaf.tumblr.com/...-but-this-song
Silver Girl?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2013, 06:33 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
I'm thinking Destiny Rules.
That's what I hear also.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM
rhiannon22 rhiannon22 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 63
Default

Did I hear Bleed to Love Her as well? I wish I could hear them all again.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Lindsfan's Avatar
Lindsfan Lindsfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon22 View Post
Did I hear Bleed to Love Her as well? I wish I could hear them all again.
Yes, Bleed To Love Her is one of them. Also, Peacekeeper and Stephanie. At a m&g, last year, I practically begged him to make these instrumentals available - either through his website, or at shows.
Okay, actually, I did beg him but, sadly, I'm not holding my breath that he'll ever do it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

I miss it at the Mohegan Sun show I was to busy gabbing to friends before the show..

I will pay attention next time.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
mlourimore mlourimore is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 32
Default

I asked Mick about these during the Pittsburgh Meet and Greet and he said they were Lindsey's and I told him how much fans would love access to the instrumentals - maybe have a quiet night with a glass of his wine and the music - he had his assistant write it down but I don't expect anything to come of it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 PM
bethelblues bethelblues is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 597
Default

They should be playing all Christine's hits before the show begins. When are people ever going to hear Little Lies, Everywhere, Songbird, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Oh Daddy, Hold Me, Think About Me, Isn't It Midnight, etc. in the live setting again?? Some people like me have never heard them at a concert. Remind the audience of some of the songs they will be missing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Lindsfan's Avatar
Lindsfan Lindsfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlourimore View Post
I asked Mick about these during the Pittsburgh Meet and Greet and he said they were Lindsey's and I told him how much fans would love access to the instrumentals - maybe have a quiet night with a glass of his wine and the music - he had his assistant write it down but I don't expect anything to come of it.
Nicely done. I hope more fans do the same. The more that say it, the better chance (no matter how slight), that he pushes for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
They should be playing all Christine's hits before the show begins. When are people ever going to hear Little Lies, Everywhere, Songbird, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Oh Daddy, Hold Me, Think About Me, Isn't It Midnight, etc. in the live setting again?? Some people like me have never heard them at a concert. Remind the audience of some of the songs they will be missing.
Huh?

Why would a band - any band - want to do that? And why would you want to hear recordings of her songs, that you can already hear anywhere, any time???

It reminds me of when someone posts a great video of the current tour on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or elsewhere, and some "fan" says "What? Where's Christie (or Chrissy)??", completely unaware their favorite member left the band 15 years before lol.

She left. It was her choice. I hope she's happy in her current life away from the drama of FM. I like her music, and am looking forward to hearing all about her appearance in London, but she's not part of the band any more. And for the record, I'm one of the few who actually liked it when they sang SYLM in '09, but it seems most people very much prefer NOT to hear Lindsey and Stevie attempt Chris's songs. So, sing them, or don't sing them...they can't win either way
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:09 PM
mylittledemon's Avatar
mylittledemon mylittledemon is offline
Moderator
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Akatarawa, New Zealand
Posts: 8,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
So before the show in Houston, some acoustic guitar tracks played. I assume it was Lindsey on the guitar and I know one of the songs was Never Going Back Again, but then this song played and it sounds so familiar but I just cannot put my finger on what song it is. Any ideas?

http://amendswiththedeaf.tumblr.com/...-but-this-song
Ur'body is saying Destiny Rules but I don't think that's what it is... sounds like Lindsey playing for sure, but I think this is something else... newer material perhaps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Huh?

Why would a band - any band - want to do that?
Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:36 PM
bethelblues bethelblues is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Why would a band - any band - want to do that? And why would you want to hear recordings of her songs, that you can already hear anywhere, any time???

It reminds me of when someone posts a great video of the current tour on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or elsewhere, and some "fan" says "What? Where's Christie (or Chrissy)??", completely unaware their favorite member left the band 15 years before lol.

She left. It was her choice. I hope she's happy in her current life away from the drama of FM. I like her music, and am looking forward to hearing all about her appearance in London, but she's not part of the band any more. And for the record, I'm one of the few who actually liked it when they sang SYLM in '09, but it seems most people very much prefer NOT to hear Lindsey and Stevie attempt Chris's songs. So, sing them, or don't sing them...they can't win either way
They wouldn't have to be the studio recordings, as Michelle said. I think it would be a nice acknowledgement to someone who was integral to the band's success and goes unrecognized otherwise in their shows. I was not a fan of Say You Love Me (and neither was Christine lol when she "confused" the song and commented on how they weren't pulling off You Make Loving Fun), but I still think Lindsey and Stevie could pull off a Christine song or two if they put the work in on the arrangement (which they clearly haven't spent much time on in the last decade before tours: revamping and re-arranging old songs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.
I was the one talking about Lindsey's guitar work. I love it all around on Tango in the Night, even Seven Wonders since it gives that song so much of its flavor. I've mentioned on here before how I'd love to see Albatross performed live by Lindsey, his take on the song. If that never happens, I would've loved to hear it before the show.

Last edited by bethelblues : 06-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Lindsfan's Avatar
Lindsfan Lindsfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
They wouldn't have to be the studio recordings, as Michelle said. I think it would be a nice acknowledgement to someone who was integral to the band's success and goes unrecognized otherwise in their shows. I was not a fan of Say You Love Me (and neither was Christine lol when she "confused" the song and commented on how they weren't pulling off You Make Loving Fun), but I still think Lindsey and Stevie could pull off a Christine song or two if they put the work in on the arrangement (which they clearly haven't spent much time on in the last decade before tours: revamping and re-arranging old songs).
Okay, THAT I agree with. That would, in fact, be awesome. I took the way you said that, earlier, betheblues, to mean you wanted to hear the original, album recordings. My bad

I'm with you too, on them pulling off any number of her songs, though, I still think most FM fans, and certainly casual fans, would make a stink about it no matter how they did it. Even now, a fair number of people are complaining about Don't Stop, which I've always enjoyed live.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureSam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person
$12.95
Sam Moore/Bekka Bramlett Signed/Autographed CD Sleeve/Obtained In Person picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved