The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:55 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 876
Default EP download totals?

Is there any info regarding how many downloads this EP has gotten?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-23-2013, 09:40 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,271
Default

Yes, any news about it? I wonder if it can crack the 100K.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM
whitewingdove's Avatar
whitewingdove whitewingdove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Up there somewhere
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Yes, any news about it? I wonder if it can crack the 100K.
It's doing fairly well, I'm hoping within the year maybe we could make it to 1m?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM
editme2 editme2 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 110
Default

It sold about 10,000 downloads in its first week. Today, it's number 58 on iTunes' rock chart; it's not in the top 200 in general sales. It's number 298 on amazon's list of downloads.....I can't imagine it's sold more than 20,000 copies in the US.....I don't know if this is good or bad.....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
It sold about 10,000 downloads in its first week. Today, it's number 58 on iTunes' rock chart; it's not in the top 200 in general sales. It's number 298 on amazon's list of downloads.....I can't imagine it's sold more than 20,000 copies in the US.....I don't know if this is good or bad.....
i advertised it from time to time on twitter and fb, but although "legit" reviews are all pretty stellar, more recent buyers' reviews on itunes for the last few weeks are crapping all over EP (bad rating for not enough stevie, too much LB, no christine, no peter green, etc etc you get the picture), so i don't like to link to it on itunes anymore... crappy reviews would probably discourage any casual listener to even give it a chance so why bother linking to it.

plus i like amazon better than itunes anyway, so from time to time i post the link to it on amazon.

it is also hard to find, it doesn't come up if you type fleetwood mac EP, you have to actually type extended play. it's like they are trying to deliberately hide it's out there
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Dex's Avatar
Dex Dex is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sussex
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i advertised it from time to time on twitter and fb, but although "legit" reviews are all pretty stellar, more recent buyers' reviews on itunes for the last few weeks are crapping all over EP (bad rating for not enough stevie, too much LB, no christine, no peter green, etc etc you get the picture)
Ugh, how frustrating is that!? Music reviews need to focus on how well the music achieves what it's going for. Not meaningless fanwanking. But when it comes to customer reviews, most browsers probsbly won't read beyond the star rating, Ho hum.

Actually though, for a little ep released in limited formats with virtually no press or fanfare, and from an older band... I think the sales aren't too bad. It's at least clear that many people still want music under the FM name. I'd be encouraged if I were them. And this is coming from someone who really wasn't that crazy about the EP.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Well, good for her.

Elle, I don't agree with your suggestion that they tell people to download during the show, but they certainly should sell a hard copy at the concert. I know enough people would buy it to make up for the manufacturing costs.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,271
Default

From Fleetwoodmacnews.com:

At #143 (down from #63) The new EP "Extended Play" extended it's stay on the top 200 indie chart selling a further 672 units for the sales week down 53% vs the previous week where it sold 1,435 units. Total U.S. sales since it's release April 30th is an abysmal 10,709.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
From Fleetwoodmacnews.com:

At #143 (down from #63) The new EP "Extended Play" extended it's stay on the top 200 indie chart selling a further 672 units for the sales week down 53% vs the previous week where it sold 1,435 units. Total U.S. sales since it's release April 30th is an abysmal 10,709.
Not surprising. I don't really think the whole EP thing was the way to go anyway. But good for them for trying.

Also, I think minimal Stevie presence was a mistake as well, sales-wise.

But we'll never really know...
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,271
Default

I do not do itunes so I did not purchase it. I definitely would have if it were in a different format (and had lots of Stevie).
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 AM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I do not do itunes so I did not purchase it. I definitely would have if it were in a different format (and had lots of Stevie).
It's on amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Christopher's Avatar
Christopher Christopher is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
From Fleetwoodmacnews.com:

At #143 (down from #63) The new EP "Extended Play" extended it's stay on the top 200 indie chart selling a further 672 units for the sales week down 53% vs the previous week where it sold 1,435 units. Total U.S. sales since it's release April 30th is an abysmal 10,709.
That is abysmal, especially for new product under the name Fleetwood Mac. I was hoping that the EP would've sold at least 20-25K units by now, but considering the fact that this was an Indie release, quietly distributed via Itunes & Amazon for digital download only, I guess that I shouldn't be all that surprised. But whoever overlooked the opportunity to sell hard copy CD's of this EP at their merchadise table should be shot, because otherwise I would anticipate that they could've easily sold between 10-20K more copies by now to the fans (mostly older) who'd be more drawn to a physical copy. I have to think that the 10K+ units sold so far only further perpetuates Stevie's notion that the majority of people do not want new music, much less a full length record.

Not that I ever believed for a minute that she would change her mind & decide to record a full record with FM again anyway. I think similar to BTM, Stevie feels the same towards SYW - that they tried it without the "Rumours" era five, and it didn't have the same magic, and it didn't necessarily work in her mind. I think Stevie would only record a full record with FM again only if Chris came back (which will probably never happen.)

Stevie is staying true to what she said during many of her Q&A's for the IYD screenings, intently aware that she is getting on in age, and stated that she planned to start shortening her projects. This EP was her way of shortening the year of Fleetwood Mac, otherwise they'd be promoting a new CD for 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
jkmaletic's Avatar
jkmaletic jkmaletic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
That is abysmal, especially for new product under the name Fleetwood Mac. I was hoping that the EP would've sold at least 20-25K units by now, but considering the fact that this was an Indie release, quietly distributed via Itunes & Amazon for digital download only, I guess that I shouldn't be all that surprised. But whoever overlooked the opportunity to sell hard copy CD's of this EP at their merchadise table should be shot, because otherwise I would anticipate that they could've easily sold between 10-20K more copies by now to the fans (mostly older) who'd be more drawn to a physical copy. I have to think that the 10K+ units sold so far only further perpetuates Stevie's notion that the majority of people do not want new music, much less a full length record.

Not that I ever believed for a minute that she would change her mind & decide to record a full record with FM again anyway. I think similar to BTM, Stevie feels the same towards SYW - that they tried it without the "Rumours" era five, and it didn't have the same magic, and it didn't necessarily work in her mind. I think Stevie would only record a full record with FM again only if Chris came back (which will probably never happen.)

Stevie is staying true to what she said during many of her Q&A's for the IYD screenings, intently aware that she is getting on in age, and stated that she planned to start shortening her projects. This EP was her way of shortening the year of Fleetwood Mac, otherwise they'd be promoting a new CD for 2 years.

Agreed.
Are they (and Stevie's IYD documentary) not selling hard copies because they are afraid of printing too many and therefore losing money on unsold copies? Cause that's kinda chicken sh#t.
Stephen King is releasing his new book on June 6 in printed format only, or at least to start with he said. He said he doesn't have problems with ebooks, but that sometimes it's good to have the good old paperback sometimes. I bet his mgmt wasnt too happy with that decision, but he stuck to his guns. I respect that. I wish I remembered the name of his new book.. ??
__________________

Last edited by jkmaletic : 05-28-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
mylittledemon's Avatar
mylittledemon mylittledemon is offline
Moderator
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Akatarawa, New Zealand
Posts: 8,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
That is abysmal, especially for new product under the name Fleetwood Mac.
They totally need to get a physical product and sell it for $5 at their shows. I think it's fair to say the band likely would've pushed more than 10,000 copies during the tour. You get all those folks in line for t-shirts and they get spend crazy!
__________________

Last edited by mylittledemon : 05-28-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
It's on amazon.
I don't do downloads, I have no mechanisms for playback except my laptop.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old
$99.99
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old pictureChristine McVie Of Fleetwood Mac Poster OLD
$49.99
Christine McVie Of Fleetwood Mac Poster OLD pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$49.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Flat
$19.99
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Flat picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved