The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Perhaps they will. But I don't think it's a gamble they're willing to take at this stage in their careers. And it would be a gamble. People are unlikely to turn out in droves, shelling out ridiculous amounts of cash for a Fleetwood Mac concert
disagree about the concert part. people are turning up to see legendary band while they are still around. like they do for many other iconic bands.... even though most of the main members may be dead or not interested in whatever the band is doing. in FM's case, audiences seem pleasantly surprised how great they actually still are in concert.

i do agree that in FM's specific case, if they loose 2 of their 3 front people in concert, that wouldn't work. neither would replacing one of them (Stevie) however huge the replacement might be... it would make them a lounge act, as someone said . at least imo.

although, you do have examples of parts of 2 legendary bands teaming up for shows singing each others songs and doing apparently really well (Queen and Bad Company?), but i personally don't like that.

most of the people turning up at FM shows don't care one bit whether FM has new songs or not and who is a part of those songs. same with other dinosaur bands that can make huge money touring these days. FM having some new songs however, makes them seem relevant and not only nostalgia act, even though they make their money on being a nostalgia act.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:11 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I don't think she's through recording solo, but I am unsure how likely it is that she will record again with FM. Believe Me, I wish she would!!
I don't think it's particularly likely and my point was to wonder why that's the case. There's no good reason why she shouldn't. I think she could be persuaded to do so. In fact, I think she'd rather record with FM than solo. She wasn't ever thrilled about solo albums in the first place. I think she's up for a group recording. Why isn't she being asked, is my question.

At one point, Stevie said that Christine even knew that Stevie and Lindsey wanted to sing alone. I think that during The Dance Stevie and Lindsey did this grand revisiting of their past and maybe it looked like they could capture what they would have been had they not joined. So, maybe around 1998 everyone was feeling that maybe Stevie and Lindsey would just go on together and live the BN.

They did, but it didn't turn out to be the dream they might have envisioned. Whether Lindsey is satisfied with SYW or not, Stevie wasn't. Ten years later, she still doesn't want to record with him, so whatever they were thinking in 1997 that has failed. Enough time has passed to see if it would work out. It hasn't. Give up that idea. They can tour together, but if he wants FM music, there are other ways to get it than in continuing to hope Stevie changes her mind. If he, John and Mick turned to Christine to work on music with them, I don't see Christine refusing.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:17 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Because most people won't get it. They'll be confused. They'll write it off. And then the name Fleetwood Mac would no longer equate to massive commercial draw and big bucks for the band. The rhythm section of a band just isn't what is identifiable about it to most music listeners. People identify with lead singers/instrumentalists and songwriting. The fact that they are legally entitled to use the name Fleetwood Mac is by the by. Lindsey's idea is to give these songs a wider audience than they'd get on a solo record. And that isn't going to happen if the lineup changes.
I think your point about hurting the brand is a good one. That almost happened with the Time tour (I am not denigrating time. I am not saying that John and Mick are not Fleetwood Mac. I am just saying that because it wasn't what fans expected, when they bought tickets to the Time tour, it hurt the marketability of the name "FM") and I think Mick is quite conscious of that. Men of Mac is probably the best option -- unless they have a woman. They can use one of two women. With the resurgence of Everywhere in the UK this year, there is no better time to do that than right now.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Ulpian Ulpian is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think it's particularly likely and my point was to wonder why that's the case. There's no good reason why she shouldn't. I think she could be persuaded to do so. In fact, I think she'd rather record with FM than solo. She wasn't ever thrilled about solo albums in the first place. I think she's up for a group recording. Why isn't she being asked, is my question.

At one point, Stevie said that Christine even knew that Stevie and Lindsey wanted to sing alone. I think that during The Dance Stevie and Lindsey did this grand revisiting of their past and maybe it looked like they could capture what they would have been had they not joined. So, maybe around 1998 everyone was feeling that maybe Stevie and Lindsey would just go on together and live the BN.

They did, but it didn't turn out to be the dream they might have envisioned. Whether Lindsey is satisfied with SYW or not, Stevie wasn't. Ten years later, she still doesn't want to record with him, so whatever they were thinking in 1997 that has failed. Enough time has passed to see if it would work out. It hasn't. Give up that idea. They can tour together, but if he wants FM music, there are other ways to get it than in continuing to hope Stevie changes her mind. If he, John and Mick turned to Christine to work on music with them, I don't see Christine refusing.

Michele
Yes, but *if* Christine did want to record with them, they would undoubtedly pressure her to tour. She doesn't want that.
__________________
-- Mark --
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Yes, but *if* Christine did want to record with them, they would undoubtedly pressure her to tour. She doesn't want that.
There's no reason to pressure her to tour. That's the point. If they don't realize this, they should. If there's anyone who really thinks she has to tour to record -- and I don't know if there really is or if that's just the story they tell the press -- then that person can be placed into therapy and I'd like to read the doctor's report as to why they think this and what steps need to be taken to make them stop thinking this.

They can tour with Stevie and record with Christine and no matter what's on their album, they can still sing some "new" songs with Stevie on stage, Miss Fantasy Sad Angel, Without You, etc.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
hey can tour together, but if he wants FM music, there are other ways to get it than in continuing to hope Stevie changes her mind. If he, John and Mick turned to Christine to work on music with them, I don't see Christine refusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They can use one of two women. With the resurgence of Everywhere in the UK this year, there is no better time to do that than right now.
i like this! it preserves nostalgia act with 2 of 3 FM singers so they can happily continue doing their cash grabs, but we get both new music and tours:
  • if Christine has new songs to contribute they should record with her and continue releasing EPs or maybe even the whole album.
  • if Christine doesn't want to tour and Stevie does, they can continue to tour as this year, with Christine's appearances from time to time, like London. or maybe Stevie can tour with them in the US, and Christine in Europe where she can travel by land?
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:47 PM
GypsySorcerer's Avatar
GypsySorcerer GypsySorcerer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: KY
Posts: 6,479
Default

Wow- Lindsey managed to complete an interview without mentioning Christine "burning her bridges."

I'd love for a full FM album with Christine, but it's not going to happen. So at this point, I'd rather get solo material from Lindsey and Stevie. It's far more interesting to me now, anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:49 PM
MikeInNV MikeInNV is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
isn't that what basically happened?
Yes, it is. So it seems overly dramatic for people to say she needs to be fired or that she is preventing the recording of new material. She doesn't need to be fired, and nobody is preventing anything. The men can do whatever they want, and Stevie can take it or leave it.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
"That was great fun, because she was exactly the same as before and they made ​​me laugh. There was always a good chemistry between the two of us and it clicked right back when I saw her, and that's incredible. I would like to see them comes the stage for Do not Stop when we are in England, but otherwise you will not draw much - even though I'm convinced that people will try. "
This comment seems like it was translated and my question is translated from what? The original was already in English.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"That was great fun, because she was exactly the same as before and they made ​​me laugh. There was always a good chemistry between the two of us and it clicked right back when I saw her, and that's incredible. I would like to see them comes the stage for Do not Stop when we are in England, but otherwise you will not draw much - even though I'm convinced that people will try. "

This comment seems like it was translated and my question is translated from what? The original was already in English.
yes, translated from Dutch article using google translate. this was original billboard article text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
"That was great fun. It was very interesting to see what that extra piece of the puzzle does to the overall equation," Buckingham recalls. "It was a trip, because she was the same old person I'd always known, and she was cracking me up. We'd always had just a great chemistry, the two of us, and we just kind of hit the ground running as soon as I saw her, which was kind of amazing. If she wants to come up and do 'Don't Stop' with us when we're in England, I'd love to see that. But beyond that I think there's not too much you can make out of it -- although I'm sure people will try."
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 PM
tabruns tabruns is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 992
Default

Everyone seems to have forgotten that after IYD Stevie said she didn't want to do another album unless Dave Stewart is involved. I think she's simply sticking to that, and that's why there's only an EP instead of a full-blown Mac album.

MAYBE Lindsey and the rest can convince her to get an album together but at this point I think what we'll be seeing going forward are Mac EPs and tours and Nicks solo albums and Buckingham solo albums.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Everyone seems to have forgotten that after IYD Stevie said she didn't want to do another album unless Dave Stewart is involved. I think she's simply sticking to that, and that's why there's only an EP instead of a full-blown Mac album.

MAYBE Lindsey and the rest can convince her to get an album together but at this point I think what we'll be seeing going forward are Mac EPs and tours and Nicks solo albums and Buckingham solo albums.
I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Dave Stewart.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 AM
shackin'up's Avatar
shackin'up shackin'up is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bemmel/lowlands
Posts: 6,912
Default

No, she already rerecorded without you with lindsey alone.
__________________
..........................................................................................





Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No, she already rerecorded without you with lindsey alone.
Yes, and by all accounts they had a fabulous time.

Remember, Stevie also said she would never tour with FM again without another girl in the band. And last time I checked Stevie was on tour with them right now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
KenshiMaster16 KenshiMaster16 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 462
Default

I don't think Stevie is as stupid as many peg her and I definitely think once she has "more" material down she may hand a few over to the Mac. I've always thought one more, final album was in the cards and I still think so before everyone calls it a day. Stevie knows the Mac is her calling-card and her cash cow so I doubt she'd pass it up. And with the new music being praised and well-received by both those who've purchased the EP and those seeing them on tour, I think she'll see the light in the end if she isn't already seeing it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old
$99.99
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old pictureChristine McVie Of Fleetwood Mac Poster OLD
$49.99
Christine McVie Of Fleetwood Mac Poster OLD pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$49.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Flat
$19.99
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Flat picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved