The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default Delta Rae single out today feat. LB (differences from original)

Delta Rae keep putting out these teaser messages accompanied by various Lindsey-related videos and i'm not really sure what those are supposed to mean but just in case it does have something more to do with him besides his guest appearance on their single, here are their posts:


from FB:

Delta Rae shared a link.
Friday
SO EXCITED for our upcoming shows! Boston tomorrow is sold out, but there are still tickets available for our shows in Newark (3/3) at New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) on Sunday and NYC at Irving Plaza on Tuesday (3/5)

THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE COMING ON TUESDAY....so make sure you stay tuned. Here's some ear-candy while you wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGykwC0fdJ4



from twitter:

@DeltaRae
There's a beast in our midst... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=naAWX6O...eature=related

@loguwu
@DeltaRae are you doing an actual performance with lindsey buckingham i will tHROW THIS COMPUTER OUT OF MY WINDOW
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
McTrouble's Avatar
McTrouble McTrouble is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 2,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Delta Rae keep putting out these teaser messages accompanied by various Lindsey-related videos and i'm not really sure what those are supposed to mean but just in case it does have something more to do with him besides his guest appearance on their single, here are their posts:


from FB:

Delta Rae shared a link.
Friday
SO EXCITED for our upcoming shows! Boston tomorrow is sold out, but there are still tickets available for our shows in Newark (3/3) at New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) on Sunday and NYC at Irving Plaza on Tuesday (3/5)

THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE COMING ON TUESDAY....so make sure you stay tuned. Here's some ear-candy while you wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGykwC0fdJ4



from twitter:

@DeltaRae
There's a beast in our midst... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=naAWX6O...eature=related

@loguwu
@DeltaRae are you doing an actual performance with lindsey buckingham i will tHROW THIS COMPUTER OUT OF MY WINDOW

Hmmm....well it would be good to get ANYTHING new on him! It's too quiet when they're in rehearsals!
__________________
Photobucket
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Hmmm....well it would be good to get ANYTHING new on him! It's too quiet when they're in rehearsals!
guess the big deal was that single is available on itunes as of today -

http://www.facebook.com/deltarae/pos...if_t=notify_me

Delta Rae · 32,823 like this
15 minutes ago ·
HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our new single "IF I LOVED YOU" (Radio Version) [featuring Lindsey Buckingham!] IS NOW AVAILABLE ON iTUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't heard the new version, you can sample and download it here!!! Thanks for checking us out on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live with Carrie Keagan today, it was so fun!

This song is huge for us, we hope you will share and enjoy!


https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/if...on/id604302406
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default new single out today feat. LB (differences from original)

thanks to @nickslive for providing the original tracks vs single featuring Lindsey so one can check the differences (need to click on the link to access 2 versions):

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2013/0...and+Reviews%29

Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Lindsey Buckingham Featured on New Delta Rae Single "If I Loved You"

Delta Rae have released their new single on iTunes today. Lindsey Buckingham recorded a Veillette guitar for the new single version of “If I Loved You,” which replaced the original guitar track underneath Liz Hopkins’ vocals.

"If I Loved You" feat. Lindsey Buckingham. Check out the original album version vs the single version featuring Lindsey below so you can see the differences in the tracks.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM
shackin'up's Avatar
shackin'up shackin'up is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bemmel/lowlands
Posts: 6,912
Default

I think it is an undigestible crapsong. Brrrr. My ipad played the second one, but not the first, which I guess, had lindsey on it. Why does he work with bands like that? Unbelievable.
__________________
..........................................................................................





Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I think it is an undigestible crapsong. Brrrr. My ipad played the second one, but not the first, which I guess, had lindsey on it. Why does he work with bands like that? Unbelievable.
to me it sounds like some middle-of-the-road Sheryl Crow song... thought he had no interest in music like hers?

anyway, why does he do it? idk, i guess that contrary to rumors about him, he may actually be easy to work with and he rarely says no when someone asks him but everybody's afraid to?

glad Judd Appatow's been consistent in pursuing him, even though i'm not exactly crazy about his This is 40 songs.

wish some others would try to pursue him too... or that he'd get over whatever is keeping him from it and ask people he's interested in collaborating with to do it (like he brought in Froom).
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
shackin'up's Avatar
shackin'up shackin'up is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bemmel/lowlands
Posts: 6,912
Default

No, no sheryl crow.
It's something else that creeps me out.
White gospel.
__________________
..........................................................................................





Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,136
Default

That's a terrible song. It's like gospel pop with terrible lyrics. But he did improve it somewhat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No, no sheryl crow.
It's something else that creeps me out.
White gospel.
You know I'd be curious what would have happened if lb was willing to contribute some new song to grohl /sound city players thing... would have loved to hear lb jamming with nirvana guys, or work with Vig, Rubin, Reznor... oh well.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,072
Default

I don't dislike this song. But I wonder, aside from Michael Jackson, who thinks they need to just throw a choir into a song for no good reason? At least Man in the Mirror was an anthem about world peace. Why put a choir into a pop romantic ballad?

But this reminds me about hand claps. I was listening to IDWTK and thinking about the hand claps this week. If that song were as popular as the other Rumours songs, it would be fun for the audience to do the claps and it could be a crowd participation thing. But since no one else really knows that song, I guess that's never going to happen.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But this reminds me about hand claps. I was listening to IDWTK and thinking about the hand claps this week. If that song were as popular as the other Rumours songs, it would be fun for the audience to do the claps and it could be a crowd participation thing. But since no one else really knows that song, I guess that's never going to happen.

Michele
you know i read these boards and all the dislike for IDWTK and how that one is not as known as the other Rumours songs, but i'm not sure that's really the case. i hear it from time to time on classic rock radio... while i never hear Songbird or Oh Daddy. i knew IDWTK before i ever looked up FM stuff. so i'm not sure that casual people at FM show wouldn't know it.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:53 PM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know i read these boards and all the dislike for IDWTK and how that one is not as known as the other Rumours songs, but i'm not sure that's really the case. i hear it from time to time on classic rock radio... while i never hear Songbird or Oh Daddy. i knew IDWTK before i ever looked up FM stuff. so i'm not sure that casual people at FM show wouldn't know it.
The classic rock station in the Mpls/St. Paul area plays IDWTK constantly. It's probably the second most played FM song on that station after GYOW. Also, I knew IDWTK before I knew a lot of FM songs, mostly due to said local classic rock station.

But on topic, I'm turned off from this song just from the name of the band. Doesn't sound like something I would normally listen to.

Last edited by redtulip; 03-05-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
redbird's Avatar
redbird redbird is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 473
Default

I think people are generally fond of "I Don't Want To Know", it's just considered the most disposable of an unbelievably stellar hits record.

I like this song okay, don't love it, but it's nice. I guess you'd say I tolerate it. I like that it's not really about romance as much as unrequited love from the other side of the equation than what's usually heard from. We could be great if only I loved you!

I like Delta Rae's "Bottom of the River" a lot, and that's the only other DR song I'd heard, so I expected to like this more.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know i read these boards and all the dislike for IDWTK and how that one is not as known as the other Rumours songs, but i'm not sure that's really the case. i hear it from time to time on classic rock radio... while i never hear Songbird or Oh Daddy. i knew IDWTK before i ever looked up FM stuff. so i'm not sure that casual people at FM show wouldn't know it.
Then there will be no problem with you supplying the hand claps! Good to know.

I myself have never heard that song anywhere.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I think people are generally fond of "I Don't Want To Know", it's just considered the most disposable of an unbelievably stellar hits record.
Yes, I think fans generally like it. Stevie doesn't seem particularly enamored of it. Lindsey likes it more than she does. I would like to know if she liked it more before the Silver Springs debaucle or if she just always considered it a toss off.

As far as the Delta Rae song goes, I'll tell you I like it a lot more than the 3 This is 40 songs combined.

Michele
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureThree Signed Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" Autograph (3) PSA Original 1977 -1st Press
$890.0
Three Signed Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureStevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.
$499.0
Stevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.  pictureFleetwood Mac Vintage Jacket 70s/80s Rock Band From England.
$450.0
Fleetwood Mac Vintage Jacket 70s/80s Rock Band From England. picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved