The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2012, 04:15 AM
kenzo's Avatar
kenzo kenzo is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 151
Default Article - Top Ten Songs Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham Wrote About Each Other

http://www.hipstercrite.com/2012/07/...ut-each-other/
__________________
Wonderfuzzy on Bandcamp
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 AM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,997
Default

That's a pretty good list!

I hope that person's a ledgie! If not, they need to be!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,200
Default

I found the article to be hateful. Though, obviously, one cannot fault the songs.
__________________
Find about more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:31 PM
henryscutter's Avatar
henryscutter henryscutter is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I found the article to be hateful. Though, obviously, one cannot fault the songs.
It seemed pretty accurate, in what way was it hateful?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,804
Default

I don't think the Tusk songs were about each other (specially Angel), unless they were wrote during the Rumours days. And Say Goodbye.. I think I read it was about leaving the band, not her.
Why would they always had to write about the same ex-lover?? If so, I'd tell them Get a life!!!

Frankly I got bored about the SN-LB breakup innuendos, songs, etc... It's like watching a new documentary about the making of Rumours. I think Fleetwood Mac was more rich in terms of art, music, etc., even in the 80s, to get articles about other topics. But I think we have lost hope of see some day the making of Mirage or Tango.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
henryscutter's Avatar
henryscutter henryscutter is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't think the Tusk songs were about each other (specially Angel), unless they were wrote during the Rumours days. And Say Goodbye.. I think I read it was about leaving the band, not her.
Why would they always had to write about the same ex-lover?? If so, I'd tell them Get a life!!!

Frankly I got bored about the SN-LB breakup innuendos, songs, etc... It's like watching a new documentary about the making of Rumours. I think Fleetwood Mac was more rich in terms of art, music, etc., even in the 80s, to get articles about other topics. But I think we have lost hope of see some day the making of Mirage or Tango.
Oh I could easily see Angel being about Lindsey. With the recent books detailing Lindsey's temper and behaviour I can see why Stevie would dream that he was an angel
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-04-2012, 07:04 PM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
Oh I could easily see Angel being about Lindsey. With the recent books detailing Lindsey's temper and behaviour I can see why Stevie would dream that he was an angel
I know there was kind of a schism where some people thought Angel was about Mick and some thought it was about Lindsey... now, I always thought Lindsey to begin with. But I'm even more inclined to feel that way after You May Be The One basically referencing that song "I used to dream that you were an angel" vs "the angel of my dreams".

And I DEFINITELY think some of Lindsey's Tusks songs were about Stevie - Not That Funny, What Makes You Think You're The One, Tusk...

As for Say Goodbye - It was written after he left the band - but I'm fairly certain it was only about him leaving the band in the same way that him leaving the band was him leaving Stevie. If that makes any sense the way I've written.
__________________

Last edited by WildHearted : 07-04-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I know there was kind of a schism where some people thought Angel was about Mick and some thought it was about Lindsey... now, I always thought Lindsey to begin with. But I'm even more inclined to feel that way after You May Be The One basically referencing that song "I used to dream that you were an angel" vs "the angel of my dreams".
And her recent quote, "He stopped being the tall cool drink of water guy that was beautiful that played guitar on the side of the stage and sang like an angel."

That look they share in the Tusk doc where they're working on the song too. Mick, my arse.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Dodfather's Avatar
Dodfather Dodfather is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 3,085
Default

Interesting article here and a pretty solid list. Great call on What Makes You Think You're The One but where's Smile At You and Thrown Down? I'd also go for Fall From Grace over Blue Denim any day.
__________________
I'll follow you down until the sound of my voice will haunt you...you'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Blueletter18's Avatar
Blueletter18 Blueletter18 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 538
Default

I thought this was a wonderful list! Say Goodbye and Angel have been some of my absolute favorite FM songs, so it was great to see them included.
__________________
"Where is the reason? Don't blame it on me, blame it on my wild heart!"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 AM
moon's Avatar
moon moon is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Argentina
Posts: 447
Default

Hi! Nice list! Silver Springs is definitely THE song.

I agree with Villavic, I don't think the Tusk songs were for each other. Yes, maybe, but Tusk sounds different, words & music...I don't know how can explain it!
And about Say Goodbye, Lindsey talks about it on the SoundStage DVD. He said to the people something about his departure from Fleetwood Mac, and how the time made him release the song a few years later.
Finally, I could put Monday Morning too. I don't know where, but I saw the song was "from Lindsey to Stevie, with love".
Regards!
__________________

...because of you I am complete...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I agree with Villavic, I don't think the Tusk songs were for each other.!
By the time of the Tusk sessions Stevie had already dated Paul Fishkin, Don Henley, and Mick Fleetwood. Though that does not guarantee somebody has definitely close the chapter and has no feelings for an ex, I think Stevie's life was already full of emotions and feelings so she can sing about anybody.

Even Never Going Back Again is about another girl, and that song is from the Rumours days.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
By the time of the Tusk sessions Stevie had already dated Paul Fishkin, Don Henley, and Mick Fleetwood. Though that does not guarantee somebody has definitely close the chapter and has no feelings for an ex, I think Stevie's life was already full of emotions and feelings so she can sing about anybody.
She also went out with JD Souther and according to Ken Caillat's book she was seeing one of the engineers at the studio for a time during the making of Rumours also. And plenty more folks we don't know about. She's gone out with LOTS and lots of guys and her songs can be about almost any of them or any combination of them. Thinking every song is about Lindsey, or totally about Lindsey, is unrealistic.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She also went out with JD Souther and according to Ken Caillat's book she was seeing one of the engineers at the studio for a time during the making of Rumours also. And plenty more folks we don't know about. She's gone out with LOTS and lots of guys and her songs can be about almost any of them or any combination of them. Thinking every song is about Lindsey, or totally about Lindsey, is unrealistic.
A lot of her songs are probably not really about anyone.... just scenarios she made up in her mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Neal's Avatar
Neal Neal is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Posts: 1,556
Default

Very cool article!

One thing though, he says "Blue Denim" is about Stevie's seeing Lindsey at the Clinton inauguration after a long absence, but didn't they see each other several years earlier when Lindsey made some appearances on the BTM tour?
__________________
"Ooh, there is magic...all around you...
everytime you walk in the room..."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved