There were other female vocalists in Fleetwood Mac? 19 70.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Speaking of Bekka, she sings backing vocals on four tracks on Bonnie Tyler's upcoming album, 'Rocks And Honey.' Specifically, "This Is Going To Hurt," "Flat On The Floor," "Love Is The Knife," and "Lord Help Me."
Thanks for posting this, didn't know about it. You say upcoming so what's the release date?

John
Old 04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Thanks for posting this, didn't know about it. You say upcoming so what's the release date?
Hey there, John -- it's been a long time! I hope all is well in your world.

'Rocks And Honey' was already released in a few European countries in early March, but it won't be released in the UK until May 6th, and then in the US & Canada on May 14th.

Warner Bros is handling the domestic release.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Hey there, John -- it's been a long time! I hope all is well in your world.

'Rocks And Honey' was already released in a few European countries in early March, but it won't be released in the UK until May 6th, and then in the US & Canada on May 14th.

Warner Bros is handling the domestic release.
Thanks Johnny! Yeah crazy at work now. Anyway, thanks again, I'll preorder now.

John
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How can you possibly compare these bands? Fleetwood Mac started as a blues band lead by Peter Green and Jemy Spencer, then became a folky jazz pop rock band lead by Danny Kirwan, Bob Welch, and Christine McVie, and ultimately become a California pop band lead by Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. Why is the thought of them becoming an Americana band lead by Billy Burnette and Bekka Bramlett so out there? By contrast, the Rolling Stones have always been lead by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.
I have great respect for the early lineups, but the Rumours lineup is what shot the band into the stratosphere. When members were coming, going and being replaced in the early 70's, the band had not yet become a global phenomenon (yes, I know they were a classic in England). However, the Nicks/Buckingham/McVie lineup sealed the fate of the band forever. If the 91-94 new lineup had gone out and tried something more original, I may have been more open minded......but, getting Bekka Bramlett, Billy Burnett and Dave Mason onstage to perform things like "Gold Dust Woman", "Say You Love Me", "Don't Stop", "Go Your Own Way" and "Dreams" while opening for REO SPEEDWAGON and PAT BENATAR on a NOSTALGIA TOUR PACKAGE was nothing short of a ridiculous plan to keep Mick Fleetwood's rent paid. I'm not quite sure what was "Americana" about it.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Ahem. I was around to hear a lot of the Mystery To Me album played on the radio in western North America. But for Bob Weston and Clifford Davis' spanners in the works it might've been the Bob Welch lineup that hit the stratosphere of sales.

As usual there are just a couple too many Buckingham-Nicks worshippers who think they've discovered some ultimate unbeatable group to champion negatively against all else. I had those statospheric selling LPs and cassettes back in the day and have often come to wish I'd kept my money. It went up noses and inflated too many heads. Time is an above average collection of work superior to the over produced Tango In The Night and self indulgent Tusk (almost a Lindsey Buckingham solo album in truth). Billy Burnette has been a great guitarist for quite some time, John Fogerty wouldn't have had him in his backing band otherwise. And as far as sales and radio play Fogerty/Creedence Clearwater Revival blows away even the drama queen heights of Buckingham-Nicks grafted onto Fleetwood Mac. He even got someone worse than Clifford Davis (suing him for sounding like himself among many other things).

You obviously don't know what you're typing about and your worship does neither the objects of your affections nor yourself very little real good. Stick to the Rumours uber alles areas; most people got bored of the whole self absorbed in their marketable relationships lineup ages ago and went back to listening to mere music.

P.S.: sorry for the rudeness but do people go to Buckingham-Nicks areas and tell them how insignificant or unreal or not worthy they are? Both are great artists in their ways so why the need to put down something else. When commercial success means everything you get a load of imitative crap mostly.

Last edited by becca; 04-06-2013 at 04:53 PM..