Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Do you wear your concert t-shirts?

I have a box full of shirts I've bought at concerts that I never wear, except to more concerts! I'd love to wear them every day but feel like I have to save them, because I can't get another if they get worn out. But what on earth am I saving them for...? What good are they doing hidden away in a box?

So, what do you do with your concert shirts?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, I haven't worn my FM t-shirt since the night of the concert! And that was only briefly back at the YHA I was staying at!
I had the idea that I'd wear it a few times a semester when I got back to uni. I'll probably follow through on it...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 02-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i have 85+ stevie/ mac shirts & a few of other bands~ i do wear most of them at one time or another, i have a few unworn put up for collectible purposes~

i think my fav shirt tho is my lindsey solo 1993 shirt w/ the pig, it is soooo soft & looks great w/ daisy dukes in the summer~
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i have 85+ stevie/ mac shirts & a few of other bands~ i do wear most of them at one time or another, i have a few unworn put up for collectible purposes~

i think my fav shirt tho is my lindsey solo 1993 shirt w/ the pig, it is soooo soft & looks great w/ daisy dukes in the summer~
Wow!! How have you managed to get so many? Even with their tours etc I didn't think there'd be 85! I'd love to have that many. Any chance you could post a pic of some of the more obscure ones?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have four shirts. I only bought two at concerts. One shirt is from the 70s. When I worked at a grocery store (in the early 90s), this woman came in wearing it and I asked her if I could buy it from her! LOL! She told me I could have it and brought it to me that weekend. My second shirt, I ordered from a catalog in 1993. The shirt is the cover of Rock A Little. My third shirt, I bought from The Dance tour. My fourth is from the Say You Will tour. I wear my shirts occasionally. The last two are really too big now. I need to get smaller sizes off ebay or something. The 70s shirt is really thin, so I'm afraid to wear it too much. So, now I wear the RAL shirt when I wear one.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a picture of me from 2008 wearing one of mine. I still wear it regularly.

Photobucket
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes. I remember buying t shirts from every concert I went to. I would wear them the next day and that would basically be it. Thats when I started buying tourbooks instead. I did buy all 3 RAL t shirts, a red one with Stevie in the black dress, a white one with cut off sleaves, some neon colors on the front I believe, I want to say the 3rd one was black, don't remember. I also have Enchanted, CV, SYW, The Dance, and Unleashed hoodie.
My mother went to the Tusk concert, and she bought a shirt, needless to say I used to wear the crap out of that, but it started to thin out with each wash, so knowing my mother, who is anything but a hoarder, she probably threw it out. Last thing, my favorite shirt is not Mac related at all, it was from an Allman Brothers concert one hot ass August day back in 1992. It's black with a trippy mushroom on it. Love it.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Ledgie

I wear my tour t-shirts, but not to often as the last thing I want to do is wear them out!

I like parading around in tour t-shirts as if to say "Yep, I've seen this amazing band live!"
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...as pajama tops.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's practically my whole wardrobe!!!!!! haha it's actually really funny cause i'll wear a shirt to school and my friends will be like, "Who's Steely Dan?", etc. I honestly can't think of a time i last went legit SHOPPING....like to Aeropostale or something...i recently took a survey and for "Favorite Store" i put down Princeton Record Exchange

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wear my Rumours (front cover) one and TISL (front cover) one sometimes.

Oh yeah, and also an orangey-tan one with the penguin and Warner Brothers logo on it.

Roland
Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have any, but I know my mum's got an TITN one in the attic somewhere that I desperatley want.

I hate the story. She never went to the concert. Her friend went and found a ticket on the floor but couldn't get in contact with her so he bought her the shirt. I'd have cried on the spot!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
i...i recently took a survey and for "Favorite Store" i put down Princeton Record Exchange
I love that place! I got my record copy of Rumours and Christine McVie there.

I only have 3 Mac shirts that I don't wear out normally...I need a really cool one that I can wear other than to go to bed.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered

I don't believe I own any FM-related apparel. However, I do occasionally rock a My Morning Jacket hoodie for my early morning constitutional.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have 1 TISL Tshirt that I stilll wear out & about once in a while (the black fitted T with the dragon emblem on it.) I wear the Rumours jersey-shirt around the house. Any others just to bed.