The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 788
Thumbs up

My theories are that this is just a cash grab. I don't like the sounds of this tour which has nostalgia written all over it. Ticket prices will be in the 250- 399 range I bet. Still I have to admit this has me very excited !!!. I love both bands and never thought this would ever happen. If it does I will go to at least one show.

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,645
Default

Ok, so axe: I Know I'm Not Wrong, Go Insane, Sara, Storms, SYLM, and Oh Well....theres your set for next summer. But you'll probably pay twice the $$$ for the tickets.

This sucks, I hope and pray it doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

Ya right $400 dollar tickets coming our way.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,645
Default

Ok a few minutes after my initial post, I'm still seriously bumming. Like, really? This must have been the "something special" Mick was referring to when talking to fans. Don't they understand that not everyone has millions of dollars like them to spend on concerts? If this really gets going, I hope Lindsey leaves and does solo albums. Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, but I want new music soooooooo bad!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Ok a few minutes after my initial post, I'm still seriously bumming. Like, really? This must have been the "something special" Mick was referring to when talking to fans. Don't they understand that not everyone has millions of dollars like them to spend on concerts? If this really gets going, I hope Lindsey leaves and does solo albums. Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, but I want new music soooooooo bad!
I think they think the baby boomers are loaded.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 AM
LukeA LukeA is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77 View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Luke you just may have to eat your own words.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
LukeA LukeA is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Luke you just may have to eat your own words.
I'll do that in due time. Pollstar referencing an article posted by the same organization who manage FM/Eagles is HARDLY validation to anything.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
HenleyFan HenleyFan is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 184
Default

It was pretty much confirmed to us today, but no details were offered. I'm sure those will come in due time.


L&M
www.eaglesfans.com


Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
LukeA LukeA is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
It was pretty much confirmed to us today, but no details were offered. I'm sure those will come in due time.
Pardon me? Where was it confirmed? Regurgitation of the original "news release" on other sites isn't confirmation.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-15-2009, 01:55 AM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
It was pretty much confirmed to us today, but no details were offered. I'm sure those will come in due time.


L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! At least the Eagles put out that new album a couple years back!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 AM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 269
Default

This is bad, very very bad! Either get into the studio or split up! It's that simple!
__________________
"IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE, PLAY ON"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 AM
DavidMn DavidMn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota
Posts: 13,872
Default

One thing I noticed is signifigantly more animosity towards Fleetwood Mac from fans on the Eagles board than there is towards the Eagles here. I find that to be dissapointing. Am I more partial towards FM? Absolutely. But I have seen the Eagles 4 times and for the most part enjoyed myself with the notable exception of watching Glenn Frey "attempt" to still sing You Belong To The City. While I understand there is a natural rivalry between the bands since they were/are competing within the same genre of music, were not talking Red Sox/Yankees here! Cant we all just get along?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 AM
HenleyFan HenleyFan is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 184
Default

It was confirmed to us personally by a contact we have with the band.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com


Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Pardon me? Where was it confirmed? Regurgitation of the original "news release" on other sites isn't confirmation.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
HenleyFan HenleyFan is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 184
Default

David--

I've seen Fleetwood Mac one time. It was okay. I enjoyed LB's guitar playing. Granted, my seats sucked, but I wouldn't rank the show as one of my favorites.

I don't think the animosity is toward FM per se...but toward the fact that the bill will be split. Over the last few years, the Eagles setlist has become a "greatest hits" collection with the new songs slowly being removed from the setlist and even the acoustic set (with some of the standout performances of the evening) being cut for time.

Having to share the bill with anyone will create even more cuts and reduce the chance of anything interesting happening.

Do FM fans think that their set will be anything more than the Greatest Hits as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
One thing I noticed is signifigantly more animosity towards Fleetwood Mac from fans on the Eagles board than there is towards the Eagles here. I find that to be dissapointing. Am I more partial towards FM? Absolutely. But I have seen the Eagles 4 times and for the most part enjoyed myself with the notable exception of watching Glenn Frey "attempt" to still sing You Belong To The City. While I understand there is a natural rivalry between the bands since they were/are competing within the same genre of music, were not talking Red Sox/Yankees here! Cant we all just get along?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac - 7x9,6" Rare Hand Signed Photo by All 5
$379.9
Fleetwood Mac - 7x9,61977 US Tour Fleetwood Mac Shirt with Ticket, Vintage Womens small
$325.0
1977 US Tour Fleetwood Mac Shirt with Ticket, Vintage Womens small  picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved