The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 PM
ButterCookie's Avatar
ButterCookie ButterCookie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,750
Default

I like country!! Little known fact (outside of a few friends) about me there for you all But yeah, I actually got pretty excited about the whole "Stevie doing a country version of Rumours" thing and I for one hope she does.
__________________
"I do like my wine."

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 06-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Musicman408's Avatar
Musicman408 Musicman408 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Somewhere out In The Back Of Your Mind, KY
Posts: 5,519
Default

[quote=MikeVielhaber;894280]Well the Eagles seem to always be touring. Their album came out almost 3 years ago and they're still going on it. So maybe that has something to do with the lack of interest.[/QUOTE]

That and the fact that people are tired of paying $200 for a ticket these days!
__________________
New Song, "What Love Is"- Check it Out!
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
wayner's Avatar
wayner wayner is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
In my opinion, country music- since the 90's-- has approximated the feel of rock and pop music, there aren't many new rock stars, but there seems to be tons of new country stars, and they are now promoted, marketed, the same way the rock acts of the 70s were- tons of media saturation, lots of radio airplay, and the acts play the big stadiums.
I don't dislike or like country music, to me, a good voice or a good song can transcend genre, but I don't really appreciate how country has become the force that rock once was and the country touring bands, in the worst case scenario, sometimes border on 'This Is Spinal Tap' special effects on stage.
Someone wrote that this Eagles tour is tanking in some markets? I think they've kind of worn out their welcome in the big dollar arenas, haven't they been doing this since 'Hell Freezes Over' circa 1994? Sixteen YEARS is a long time to milk 'we're baaack!!' Though, to the credit of The Eagles, they did release a well-received cd of new music 'Long Road...Eden' whatever- I have the ltd. edition red copy with some bonus tracks, or maybe it's just deluxe packaging- but I've never made it past five songs on the cd, it just didn't hold my interest, but that's probably ADD, I'll spin it again!

tanking.. is that what it is ??? if anyone's interested ticketmaster now selling seats for June 10 at The Meadowlands in the section i paid $$ 225 per ticket for - GET THIS - for $ 59.00 each and TWO FOR ONE !!! ... sit tight, by tomorrow maybe they will be paying folks to come so as to not embarass the bands !
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 AM
HejiraNYC's Avatar
HejiraNYC HejiraNYC is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
tanking.. is that what it is ??? if anyone's interested ticketmaster now selling seats for June 10 at The Meadowlands in the section i paid $$ 225 per ticket for - GET THIS - for $ 59.00 each and TWO FOR ONE !!! ... sit tight, by tomorrow maybe they will be paying folks to come so as to not embarass the bands !
Perhaps it was not such a good idea to have this kind of concert on a Thursday night, especially when the show starts at 4:30! I can see why Fleetwood Mac bailed- Mama doesn't get out of bed until after Oprah is finished.

In addition to the 2-for-1 deal, I saw front row seats in the top level of the stadium for $20. Wow. For a triple bill of arena-sized acts, that's pretty incredible- haven't seen ticket prices like that since the 80's. I mean, parking probably costs more than that. I would maybe consider checking this out if I only had some reassurance that Keith Urban was going on first and that I would have time to take public transit out to the stadium after work in time to catch some of the DC (supposedly there is a direct rail link from NY Penn??). It's a brand new stadium too, so that alone is worth checking out as well. Or would I rather stay home and watch the Real Housewives of New York City reunion? Decisions, decisions...
__________________
**********************
hejiranyc
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
MikeVielhaber MikeVielhaber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
In my opinion, country music- since the 90's-- has approximated the feel of rock and pop music, there aren't many new rock stars, but there seems to be tons of new country stars, and they are now promoted, marketed, the same way the rock acts of the 70s were- tons of media saturation, lots of radio airplay, and the acts play the big stadiums.
I don't dislike or like country music, to me, a good voice or a good song can transcend genre, but I don't really appreciate how country has become the force that rock once was and the country touring bands, in the worst case scenario, sometimes border on 'This Is Spinal Tap' special effects on stage.
Someone wrote that this Eagles tour is tanking in some markets? I think they've kind of worn out their welcome in the big dollar arenas, haven't they been doing this since 'Hell Freezes Over' circa 1994? Sixteen YEARS is a long time to milk 'we're baaack!!' Though, to the credit of The Eagles, they did release a well-received cd of new music 'Long Road...Eden' whatever- I have the ltd. edition red copy with some bonus tracks, or maybe it's just deluxe packaging- but I've never made it past five songs on the cd, it just didn't hold my interest, but that's probably ADD, I'll spin it again!
I'm not a big Eagles fan....though it's possible I'm a bigger fan than I think I am. I've heard all their big hits, but I haven't heard any of their albums. I've maybe heard Hotel California once or twice. But I have heard Long Road Out of Eden a good 5 or 6 times and I really enjoy it. Sure it's got its filler as most double albums do, but there's a lot to like on it.
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 PM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I'm not a big Eagles fan....though it's possible I'm a bigger fan than I think I am. I've heard all their big hits, but I haven't heard any of their albums. I've maybe heard Hotel California once or twice. But I have heard Long Road Out of Eden a good 5 or 6 times and I really enjoy it. Sure it's got its filler as most double albums do, but there's a lot to like on it.

Oh...I WANTED to hate Long Road Out Of Eden...I really did...but, damn it, I loved it (I don't think there's a "filler tune" on the entire thing)....just like I love ALL the Eagles' studio albums (not nearly as much as Fleetwood Mac, but I occasionally go on these Eagles binges and I end up playing every album all the way through a couple of times each)....I just think they SUCK THE BIG BANANA live. I saw 'em back when Hotel California was being released (of course, why they decided to book Los Angeles for four nights two months BEFORE the album's release, and not come back afterwards, has still got me scratchin' my head) Sure, they sound "just like the record" in concert, but what's the fun in that? (for the artists themselves, much less the audience!!) BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGG!! Talk about your big ol' yawner concert.

And to toss in my 2 cents on this topic: I don't mind country music...I "drank from the Kool-Aid" back in the '90s and played in a couple of country cover bands. Have to say, I made more money playing country for those 5 years (and played more & BETTER gigs) than I have playing rock or blues in the other 40 years of my musical career combined. (and that INCLUDES touring with a rock band around Western Canada for two years in the '80s opening for the likes of The Guess Who's Burton Cummings on occasion) Problem is, the "country scene" in Southern California dried up quicker than a spilled beer in the Sahara during August. Oh, well...got me back into playing music closer to my soul...The Blues.
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Autographed FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours CD Jacket Graded PSA/DNA
$179.99
MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Autographed FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours CD Jacket Graded PSA/DNA pictureMick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved