Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
no joke. but still wildly creepy.

he should know better and if you cared about his career you wouldn't be talking about this stuff on a forum where everybody knows your facebook page and where you go to school.

All I'll say is that it's not exactly as if this is shockingly original, and Dani, you're smart enough to know that. I know it might not actually be "such a big deal" but don't forget to view things from the outside.
It's too easy to go fast up and down the highway without seeing a goddamn thing.
This is your senior year and you only get one of them. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I think that there may be lots of Dani's and some may not be as welcoming of his insanely inappropriate behavior.
"Oh, there's no warning
That takes you to the promised land
Hearts made of crystal
Crumble like castles of sand

Echoes of emotion
And the visions of a fool
Echoes of forbidden ground
And it's too good to be true -
Love is dangerous."

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 09-08-2009 at 09:18 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So today my Intro to BioTechnology class was okay. She did an overview on Chapter 1 and then we went over the Lab Safety stuff. After class my friend dropped me off at work so I could get my mom's car to get my labcoat for my BioTech and BioChem classes. Its fancy! Well as fancy as one can get with a white lab coat..lol Its not like a boxy one. Its form fitting to make you have a sillouette. The brand is "Grey's Anatomy" and its rather soft for a lab coat too. I cant wait to wear it! Oh and I also went to Target and got some Special K bars to eat on Thursday's cause I have classes from 9:30-4!!

JTIS

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have atleast one FML moment a day, so this is where I will share them with my Ledgie friends.

Today, my boyfriend told me we needed to talk. Those four words together in a ny way, shape, or form almost never means something good, so I started freaking out.

BF: What's going on with you and that new guy?! You hang around him more than you hang around me. If there's anything serious going on, I want you to tell me now.

Me:

BF: ...What?

Me:

BF: -angrysadface-

Me: That's my cousin remember!?!?!?

BF: ....Oh.

Me: I guess you weren't listening all those times I was telling you about him coming to our school... wait, weren't you listening when I introduced him to you!?!!?

BF: ....

I then proceeded to give him one of those hugs where you leap into the person who's going to catch you's arms. (Which is quite hard because he's 6 foot something and I'm on the low end of 5, yet taller than Stevie minus platform boots.)

I know a lot of you will be thinking that he's a bad boyfriend and stuff, but he's really not. When you ramble as much as I do, it's hard to find anyone to listen to you! (Besides, my dad does this to my mom all the time! )

JTIS

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's been a mentor figure for the past two years and people are widely aware of that. He's done the same thing with my writing and I don't see a problem with him asking for feedback in return . The emotional aspect of it was unexpected-- and fine. I go to a relatively small private school where this type of stuff isn't normal, but isn't shunned, either. I have two teachers who I am very close with (the other is female)-- babysit their kids, get lunch on weekends, they've come to my house for dinner-- my parents are aware of it, my classmates are aware of it and the school is mildly aware of it. Even so, I am one Dani from California who goes to a private shool and has abnormally close student-teacher relationships. If someone wants to report it, have fun trying-- I think that is outrageously nosy and ridiculous, and I will be deleting some friends if anyone else considers this a legitimate concern.

I consider myself so, so lucky to be able to have these relationships. Sorry it weirds you out.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 09-08-2009 at 09:48 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whoa!!!! we've got a soap opera going on here.

Tales of Ribaldry (Jon Lovitz, SNL)
Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
He's been a mentor figure for the past two years and people are widely aware of that. He's done the same thing with my writing and I don't see a problem with him asking for feedback in return . The emotional aspect of it was unexpected-- and fine. I go to a relatively small private school where this type of stuff isn't normal, but isn't shunned, either. I have two teachers who I am very close with (the other is female)-- babysit their kids, get lunch on weekends, they've come to my house for dinner-- my parents are aware of it, my classmates are aware of it and the school is mildly aware of it. Even so, I am one Dani from California who goes to a private shool and has abnormally close student-teacher relationships. If someone wants to report it, have fun trying-- I think that is outrageously nosy and ridiculous, and I will be deleting some friends if anyone else considers this a legitimate concern.

I consider myself so, so lucky to be able to have these relationships. Sorry it weirds you out.

Meh, don't be too pissed at us. We just don't want to see you getting hurt, THAT'S all!
I guess us Fleetwood Mac and Stevie fans are over-protective of each other.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Meh, don't be too pissed at us. We just don't want to see you getting hurt, THAT'S all!
I guess us Fleetwood Mac and Stevie fans are over-protective of each other.
I'm not pissed! I just consider today's conversation one of the top few of my life and yes, its inappropriate-- but there's also nothing really hidden about it. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe I just don't see it as such a big deal because I've always had these type of relationships with my teachers....
Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was accepted into the college I've always wanted to attend the day I took my last AP test in May. I had been placed on the 'wait-list' in March and they finally called me and told me that I had been accepted!!.. But it was for Spring semester. I cried and cried that whole day because I felt like a loser for only getting accepted for Spring semester. Anyway I've been playing it off for months to family and friends that I'm so happy to have this semester off and I'm getting to save up money for college and I'm so happy, etc., but I still feel like a loser who will never leave home. I have a fear that it'll all be taken away from me any day now. Ah, crazy irrational thinking I'm sure.

JTIS because who's better supporting than fellow Ledgies
Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I was accepted into the college I've always wanted to attend the day I took my last AP test in May. I had been placed on the 'wait-list' in March and they finally called me and told me that I had been accepted!!.. But it was for Spring semester. I cried and cried that whole day because I felt like a loser for only getting accepted for Spring semester. Anyway I've been playing it off for months to family and friends that I'm so happy to have this semester off and I'm getting to save up money for college and I'm so happy, etc., but I still feel like a loser who will never leave home. I have a fear that it'll all be taken away from me any day now. Ah, crazy irrational thinking I'm sure.

JTIS because who's better supporting than fellow Ledgies
I'm applying to colleges right now and I totally understand the anxiety. If I don't get into Kenyon, I will be sooooooo upset.

Can I ask what school you are talking about?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm applying to colleges right now and I totally understand the anxiety. If I don't get into Kenyon, I will be sooooooo upset.

Can I ask what school you are talking about?
Yea, I'm going to the Univeristy of Georgia. The last few years it has been come increasingly harder to get in to but they tend to accept more students from the area now. I'm lucky to have gotten in I know that, I just wish I started when everyone else did.

Good luck with those applications!!!! I remember getting so upset filling those out.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
Yea, I'm going to the Univeristy of Georgia.
GEORGIA???????? WHAT THA???

What about BAMA?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
GEORGIA???????? WHAT THA???

What about BAMA?
Oh Gawd! I hate BAMA ewwwwwwww!!

I bleed red and black.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do they have a fall option for you? A friend of mine is going to Cal (UC Berkeley) and got in for the spring semester but he's taking like, optional courses first semester.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do they have a fall option for you? A friend of mine is going to Cal (UC Berkeley) and got in for the spring semester but he's taking like, optional courses first semester.
Not at UGA. I could have taken a few classes at one of the local tech schools around Athens but they're are just too many issues (transportation, MONEY, deadlines for other schools, etc.) that get in the way of me going to school anywhere but Georgia.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

trust me, i don't care enough to report anything. and we're not friends on facebook, so don't worry about deleting me. LOL. you realize that you don't have to be someone's friend to see what networks they belong to, right? again, i'm not about to start interfering in your january-december fauxmance. i don't even know who you are.

alls i'm saying is that within the teacher-student dynamic there is always an inherent power structure that is skewed toward the teacher, and this kind of situation reeks of sexual impropriety, whether or not it is overt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
All I'll say is that it's not exactly as if this is shockingly original, and Dani, you're smart enough to know that. I know it might not actually be "such a big deal" but don't forget to view things from the outside.
It's too easy to go fast up and down the highway without seeing a goddamn thing.
This is your senior year and you only get one of them. Have fun.
i am never quite sure what your posts are trying to say. you acknowledge the seemingly understood dangerous and cliched nature of the situation, advise that some wider perspective is needed... and then say "have fun." wtf?

just because something is not "shockingly original" does not mean that it is appropriate. your argument is specious and suspect.

priests molesting altar boys is not exactly "shockingly original," but i would say that it is completely inappropriate. on the other hand, our good friend mary kay letourneau really put a twist on the old lolita bromide, but that is neither here nor there. maybe if you come up with more astute testimony, we can have a discussion along these lines.

Quote:
"Oh, there's no warning
That takes you to the promised land
Hearts made of crystal
Crumble like castles of sand

Echoes of emotion
And the visions of a fool
Echoes of forbidden ground
And it's too good to be true -
Love is dangerous."
oh dude, that's just sad.

please allow me to provide you with a list of songwriters whose work, if you are trying to be cerebral, it is in your best interest to quote (none of whom, i should mention, has ever been addicted to tranquilizers, let alone for one third of the questionably productive years of her ouvre.).

-rosanne cash
-chrissie hynde
-dolly parton
-tom petty
-bob dylan
-joni mitchell
-neil young
-lennon/mccartney
-jagger/richards
-gram parsons
-and while we're at it, neil friggin' diamond

OARP!