User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PENSACOLA, Florida
Saturday, 6 February 2010

After the press conference the 19-year-old country singer was interviewed by a member of the country music magazine, Hey Y'all Ain't Gonna Believe This. She was asked about the fact that during her Grammy Show duet with Stevie Nicks she had managed to hit 34 bad notes.

Taylor turned three shades of pink. She looked down at the floor and her eyes got a little misty. She pounded on the table angrily and remarked that she had not realized that she had hit so many bad notes.

She said that she personally felt that the number was closer to 23, but when she was told that Stevie Nicks had actually counted them, then she knew that the 34 number was correct because although Nicks may be fat she still has a good memory.

Swift said that she has already apologized for the 34 bad notes about 17 or 19 times. She then pointed out that it was funny that no one said a word about the 349 good notes that she hit on that particular song.

She asked why no one is saying a word about that. She got very serious and then asked, "So can anyone tell me why everyone is talking about my 34 bad notes, but no one, not one son-of-a-bitch, or bitch has said one falootin' word about the 349 good notes that I falootin' did hit.

Taylor said that the very next day she received 79 phone calls. She said that 76 asked her what had happened. Taylor said that only three told her not to worry about it because everyone, even Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, and Lady Gaga all have a bad day and hit a bad note once in a while.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Yes Miss Swift, one note, but not 34 freakin notes! Not even American Idol initial auditioners hit that many bad notes.]

She was asked who the three positive phone calls were from. She answered that the third one was from her BFF Kellie Pickler, the second one was from Kelly Clarkson, and the first one was from her dreamboat Taylor Lautner.

Taylor then said that the way she feels right now she would just like to run off to the Mediterranean Isle of Majorca with Lauty (Lautner) and spend all of their time having him (blanking) her till her little bitty eyes literally pop out.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s4i68423
Old 02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By BEV LYONS
LOUDMOUTH rocker Courtney Love is airing her views once more, and this time Lady Gaga is on the receiving end. "I don't think her music is compelling," Love told StyleList magazine. The singer, who is not known for holding back, then justified herstatement by saying: "It's because I listen to rock music. "I'm an old hippie. You know who I listened to last night? Stevie Nicks."

(c) 2010 Daily Record; Glasgow (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/a...s/yb/141003438
Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Naomi Judd Defends Taylor Swift

February 10,2010

Don't let Naomi Judd catch you saying anything bad about Taylor Swift. The veteran country singer has jumped to Swift's defense after she was heavily criticized for her performance at the Grammy Awards last month.

In a letter to the editor of The Tennessean, Judd, calls Swift a "dazzling performer" and lauds her for single-handedly introducing "country music to a much-welcomed younger demographic."

She attributes Swift's less-than-perfect Grammy duet with Stevie Nicks to having an off night. "Having sung many times at the Grammys, I can tell you that the stress and anxiety of performing in front of the world's top artists in every genre of music is tortuous for even the most seasoned singer," Judd writes.

The backlash against Swift began immediately after her Grammy night performance, which the New York Times called "painfully out of tune."

Swift's label head, Scott Borchetta, rushed to her defense last week, calling her "the voice of a generation" and blaming a technical problem as the culprit behind the pitchy performance.

Judd also praises Swift's "smarts, manners and class" as qualities young people should admire and emulate.

"If there's an award for being the best role model for her generation," she writes, "I'd like to be the one to give it to Taylor Swift."

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../43925073.html

The comments on this thread tear Taylor to bits
Old 02-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an article about a Los Angeles belly dancer Sahira Badr. I really doubt this woman was "mobbed" at any Stevie Nicks' concert.

http://www.dailytidings.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090718/LIFE/907180303

Sahirah is theatrical. When not dancing, she plays World of Warcraft, dresses up as Narcissa Malfoy at Harry Potter conventions, attends Medieval events in full garb and enjoys hard-edged alternative Goth music. In addition, her uncanny resemblance to the famous Fleetwood Mac singer, get her mobbed at Stevie Nicks’ concerts. She currently studies with classical Egyptian dancer, Soraya, and attends as many workshops as she can.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
From an article about a Los Angeles belly dancer Sahira Badr. I really doubt this woman was "mobbed" at any Stevie Nicks' concert.
Totally agree with you there, she looks nothing like Stevie!

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
Totally agree with you there, she looks nothing like Stevie!
Amen!! No WAY she could be mistaken for Stevie...she looks like a man.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Monday, February 15, 2010
fleetwood mac and zombies.
Published by maybe genius at 2:18 PM

Today's Tune: Landslide

I'm thinking I may make these "describe Steph's beyond-bizarre unconscious visions" posts a regular thing, because MAN do I have some doozies. I need to come up with a better name, though. How about Extreme Night Visions? No? I'll figure something out.

Here's last night's insanity:

I am with a large group of people from The Office (the television show), and we're trying to get to some sort of important convention somewhere. But! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

We hole ourselves up in a building (a Costco or Sam's Club, maybe), and find that there are a few people already hiding out. One of said people is Stevie Nicks, frontwoman of Fleetwood Mac.

Stevie and I get to know one another, and before I know it, she's crying her eyes out and telling me how upset she is about all the drama that happened in the band, and it's SO HARD, etc. I'm patting her on the back and going, "IT'LL BE ALL RIGHT, STEVIE NICKS. DON'T WORRY."

But tragedy strikes! Stevie is bitten by a zombie. We fight them off (me and the cast of The Office, that is), and we're sure Ms. Nicks has gone to the big concert in the sky. But no! SHE'S WAKING UP. OH GOD, SHE'S ZOMBIE STEVIE NICKS AND SHE WANTS OUR BRAINS.

And then I woke up.

No, I seriously do not make these up. Well, I do, they come from my brain, but I mean I don't make them up after the fact.

http://maybegenius.blogspot.com/2010...d-zombies.html
Old 02-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“Sorcerer” by Stevie Nicks

Nicks, of the late, great Fleetwood Mac, focuses on the sexy aspect of spellbinding society. “Sorcerer, show me the high life/ Come over, let me put you on ice,” only makes sense with Nicks’s signature vocal warble and absurd amounts of tambourines. Plus the woman writes all her stuff in her very own tower attached to her house. Jealous? Join the club.

http://www.unfspinnaker.com/carousel...ching-ballads/
Old 02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

- By the way, I take back my comment about Taylor Swift... I finally figured it out -- she's not flat... it's the band... they're really making her look bad. And Stevie Nicks... hmph... you'd think a professional singer with that many years under her belt would be more professional... how they have hidden her lack of talent for so long I'll never know...

http://kristy-hutchison.blogspot.com...nd-awards.html
Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Delta Daily - Delta Goodrem Strips Things Back to Basics for Next ...
By Artin
Goodrem has been fixated on Stevie Nicks for the past few years, which has influenced her latest material. “What resonates with me now is the acoustic guitar and piano. I'm enjoying writing songs that are more stripped back. ...
Delta Daily - Delta Goodrem Fansite - http://delta-daily.com/
Old 02-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By RACHEL DODES
New York

Ralph Lauren's runway is never about wild, needle-moving fashion. And his Fall 2010 collection of floor-sweeping velvet gowns, black beaded cocktail frocks and buttery shearling vests hewed to his familiar stance of merging trend with timelessness.

Backstage after the show, Mr. Lauren, clad in all black, said he had been thinking about balance. "This is about clothes that can go on forever—showing that versatility of being able to hit the young sexy downtown girls and uptown girls at the same time," he said. The collection, which was shown to the music of Stevie Nicks, he said, "had a little bit of hippie-ness and romance…and I think a youngness and a contemporary-ness," he added. The show's tone is a departure from last season, when Mr. Lauren showed heavily distressed overalls, floral cotton shift dresses and pinstriped suits that appeared to draw inspiration from the Depression-era tale "The Grapes of Wrath."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj
Old 02-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I don't know what this has do to with the rest of this article

Every time I find a fan, I feel the need to try and do the Stevie Nicks Dance in the Stand Back video. You'd think one of these days I'd get tired of that tired-ass bit, but I never do...

http://churlishfigure.blogspot.com/2...ly-change.html
Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FRONT PAGES - Joyful noise, ala Stevie Nicks
By Newport2Newport
I'm practicing a new song with my voice teacher--DREAMS, by Stevie Nicks, do you know it? Maybe I should buy a floaty-type outfit, add ribbon streamers to my tambourine. (Hee, step aside, Taylor Swift!) It's a walk on the wild side, ...
FRONT PAGES - http://newport2newport.livejournal.com/
Old 02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who Is Janell Wheeler?

Published : Tuesday, 23 Feb 2010, 3:17 PM EST

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - Janell Wheeler calls herself a "Sunshine Cowgirl."

The Tampa, Fla., native auditioned in Orlando with the song "House of the Rising Sun," which earned her a golden ticket to Hollywood as one of the Top 24 finalists for American Idol's season nine.

On her fan Web site JanellWheeler.net she described herself as a singer and writer who also acts and dances. "Music has been my passion since the moment I could wriggle to dance and hum to sing," she wrote.

Wheeler, 24, claims to have an "original, refreshing take on country music" with influences from her classical music training, her love with the guitar, musical theater and experience with hip hop and progressive music.

Celebrity Web site The Hollywood Gossip reported that she refers to her music as "country, pop, soul, glam, fun." She won Orlando's Got Talent and names Journey and Fleetwood Mac as her favorite bands.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Wheeler's "on-again, off-again boyfriend" is 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow.

She also sang the National Anthem at a Tampa Bay Buccaneers football game earlier this season, according to Web site BumpShack.com .

In her Golden Ticket interview she said that she can breakdance and dance hip hop but called bargain shopping her special talent, according to American Idol's Web site .

She said she had no formal singing training but had sung with the chorus and choir in elementary and high school. She started singing in second grade in church when she wrote three songs and performed them at St. Mary Magdalen in Orlando. Her Idol profile names Stevie Nicks as her favorite female artist and Journey's former frontman Steve Perry as her favorite male singer.

Wheeler sang Neyo's "Closer" with Casey James and Jermaine Purifory during Hollywood Week.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/dpps/edg...100223_6228069
Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Beyonce lied about creating Bootylicious!!!

Did "Bootylicious" come together in a similar fashion?

I came up with the idea to build a track using the guitar riff from Stevie Nicks' "Edge of Seventeen." I really wanted to play the riff from "Eye of the Tiger," but I was flipping through my CDs in the studio and I couldn't find it. But I saw the Stevie Nicks CD and I remembered that the riff was similar.

I figured I'd put the guitar loop on there temporarily, and later go into the studio with a guitar and replay it, because I'd learned, after sampling Stevie Wonder's "I Wish" for Will Smith's "Wild Wild West," that I didn't want to lose 50% of the publishing. I vividly remember telling Mathew Knowles, "Mathew, you got to book me into your studio and let me replay that riff." It was Guitar 101! One note!

But Mathew didn't want to do it?

He didn't want to do it. So 50% got cut for one note. That whole experience was bittersweet for me.

I remember watching Barbara Walters interview Beyoncé about "Bootylicious," and she told Barbara about how she came up with the idea for the track. And I was just like, "What?" I called Mathew-which was a big mistake; I got emotional, and I apologized after-but I called Mathew and said, "Mathew, like, why?"

And he explained to me, in a nice way, he said, "People don't want to hear about Rob Fusari, producer from Livingston, N.J. No offense, but that's not what sells records. What sells records is people believing that the artist is everything." And I'm like, "Yeah, I know, Mathew. I understand the game. But come on, I'm trying too. I'm a squirrel trying to get a nut, too."

http://www.billboard.com/features/th...ory?tag=hpfeed