The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,077
Default Stevie's Platform Boots

Stevie's custom platform suede boots used to be made by Mardiros Vartanian of Maia Custom Shoe Salon (her "little old Jewish cobbler in New York").

In more recent years, her boots were made by Pasquale DiFabrizio, who has a by-appointment-only store in the San Gabriel Foothills.

At what point did Stevie switch from the one designer to the other? Maia is credited on both the Wild Heart & the Rock a Little albums.

Also, can anyone notice a difference in styling between the two?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie's custom platform suede boots used to be made by Mardiros Vartanian of Maia Custom Shoe Salon (her "little old Jewish cobbler in New York").

In more recent years, her boots were made by Pasquale DiFabrizio, who has a by-appointment-only store in the San Gabriel Foothills.

At what point did Stevie switch from the one designer to the other? Maia is credited on both the Wild Heart & the Rock a Little albums.

Also, can anyone notice a difference in styling between the two?

Well, the ones in the photo look like they both were made by the same maker.


__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well, the ones in the photo look like they both were made by the same maker.


I'm gonna knock you in the head the next time I see you. That would make a great doctored photo -- somebody has to do some Photoshop magic of a picture of Stevie with one foot in one style of boot & the other foot in another style of boot!!
__________________
The Filmic I: Movie Notes
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2009, 10:46 PM
ElusiveDreamer's Avatar
ElusiveDreamer ElusiveDreamer is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
... That would make a great doctored photo -- somebody has to do some Photoshop magic of a picture of Stevie with one foot in one style of boot & the other foot in another style of boot!!
(Sort of like Stevie's recent glove-mixing style????)
__________________
Regards,
E
"... I know where you go, to the edge of the night baby ..."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 AM
petep9000's Avatar
petep9000 petep9000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,376
Default

I think there is more vertical lift in the originals. But, a very subtle change to my eye, anyway. I think the highest she ever went were the pair she wore on the 'Bella Donna' album cover, plus the pair she wore on the Rolling Stone cover in 1978where her back is to the camera

sn


FM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 PM
galestreet's Avatar
galestreet galestreet is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TN
Posts: 248
Smile her boots were made for walking

Those are some big boots!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2009, 02:06 PM
DeeGeMe's Avatar
DeeGeMe DeeGeMe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,364
Default

She's going to need another shoemaker: Pasquale kicked the bucket in 2008. http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...61ae60b9999f52
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved